Rancho Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, painted headlight bezels! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-01-2009, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rancho Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier, painted headlight bezels!

We installed a new Rancho rear bumper today and wifey did her first wrenchin' on her baby!! We also painted the headlight bezels black, very subtle change there but it looks good!! Remember, black is the new chrome!!

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddandshari'sjk View Post
We installed a new Rancho rear bumper today and wifey did her first wrenchin' on her baby!! We also painted the headlight bezels black, very subtle change there but it looks good!! Remember, black is the new chrome!!

That bumper looks awesome!!! DO WANT!

Nice job on the headlights, maybe a picture a bit farther away?

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
post #3 of 14 Old 08-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

looks good, whats ur take on the quality of the rancho?? its pretty solid?

09 4dr rubi-3" teraflex-35x12.50 km2s-17" xd addicts-kc 100 watt slimlights on kc brackets-riddlers-S.B.S. plug-orfab e-disco skid-Rugged Ridge stubby stinger-xrc-10 comp-Finishlinewest Gen 4.0!
post #4 of 14 Old 08-03-2009, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes-jk View Post
looks good, whats ur take on the quality of the rancho?? its pretty solid?
It is pretty solid but there a few alignment issues, I had to drill a few holes out bigger to get everything to line up, mainly on the pin that holds it closed. But overall it is a good deal for the price, $400.

08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #5 of 14 Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

yea for 400 dollars its probally the best deal out there.

09 4dr rubi-3" teraflex-35x12.50 km2s-17" xd addicts-kc 100 watt slimlights on kc brackets-riddlers-S.B.S. plug-orfab e-disco skid-Rugged Ridge stubby stinger-xrc-10 comp-Finishlinewest Gen 4.0!
post #6 of 14 Old 08-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Well, I dig the Jeep and the mods that you have made but to be honest, I like the chick Nice ride man!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Uhhh...thanks and thanks!!

post #8 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Granite Guru

I was wondering about the 100 lbs. limit that Rancho put on the Carrier....how is yours holding up???

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
post #9 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

looks good man, i have been thinking about this bumper as well, i have seen it with the stock corner added on as well (cut up the stock rear)

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #10 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge8604 View Post
I was wondering about the 100 lbs. limit that Rancho put on the Carrier....how is yours holding up???
I just noticed yesterday that the swing is starting to sag a little now when I open it, it's starting to hit the bottom plate on the latch side when I close it. It's only noticeable if I close it slowly, but I'm sure it wil get worse. Overall I'm still happy with it, I will probably upgrade to something else eventually.

post #11 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Rock God

I am sorry to hear of your sag...my wife has suggested this bumper in the past and I was worried about it...but your Jeep looks really good...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #12 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post
looks good man, i have been thinking about this bumper as well, i have seen it with the stock corner added on as well (cut up the stock rear)
I think I am gonna get the Finish Line West rear corner ouriggers and make them work to get some real protection. I saw the post with the stock rear corners on the end of that bumper, it does look good but it just won't offer any protection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
I am sorry to hear of your sag...my wife has suggested this bumper in the past and I was worried about it...but your Jeep looks really good...
Thanks for the compliment and I like the last item in your signature!!

post #13 of 14 Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Rock God

Thank you...glad you noticed

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #14 of 14 Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Wheeler

i have the same bumper and a flame red too!!! Ive had it for about 8 months and i haveno sag and its still solid. Maybe downt he road ill get something else but you can beat the price for a quick solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode