!!!!!Battle Scars!!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 06-11-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

!!!!!Battle Scars!!!!!

lets see some of your battle scars....... like this one. Darn trees pop out of nowhere in the dark, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 06-11-2009, 11:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Damn sawzalls!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #3 of 37 Old 06-11-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yeah i deffinatly need some corners on there. i think im gunna make them though, out of cast aluminum. just like my front bumper.
post #4 of 37 Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Damn sawzalls!
My Jeep scars have been minor to this point but watch out for the Sawzalls...once you start you may not be able to stop. Take this 2008 Jetta....

Don't worry, we eventually put it back together.
post #5 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

wow nobody has any bumps or bruises? i must suck at driving, lol.
post #6 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

No but I think I promised not to take pictures. Wife backed into a tree with the left side. The tree trunk was severly bowed and it stuck out into this person's driveway. She was watching the edge on the right. Thanks to the plastic bumper, license plate holder and rear flare she didn't hear a thing. She looked left just as it broke off the driver mirror and created the cowl dimple mod. Surprise

She was so upset, I said "eh...we can say it was trail damage, after all the driveway WAS gravel"

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Rock God

pleaaaaassse take a picture of that! i bet you were pissed!
post #8 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not in the least. She felt bad enough already. See the last line of my post. That is literally what I told her when she came home and showed me.

We pay for it together and we're saving up the deductible together

I'll see what I can do with pics (for the good of this thread of course).

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Rock God

exactly for the good of the thread! not to make her feel bad but just for a...observation of the strength of the body
post #10 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I never got a picture of my first damage, but my first trip to Katemcy my back end slid off a 2' ledge into a granite wall about 20' tall on Waterfall (with some help from my spotter), I ended up with a tail light that looked exactly like Krazy's minus most of the body damage and the right side of my plastic bumper crumpled.
Replaced the tail light with some help of JR on here, replaced the bumper with a Rockhard from PhilD so it's all good.

Also have a little crease over the windshield from a low hanging tree branch - branch was only about 1/2" thick and I was crawling under it - just ultra thin sheetmetal. Woulda thought it would be stronger than that right there on the rounded part, but nope.

the others are just stupidity on my part...
got the dimpled cowl mod from not hooking up the limit strap on the door, the mirror just barely had to touch it to dimple it.
Got a dimple in the back door from pulling the trash wheeler up the driveway with my arm hanging out the window - once again, the slightest touch did it.
The only other dimple in the sheet metal was from when I built my hi-lift cowl mount. First time I mounted the jack, I turned the foot toward the windshield and that was a bad idea, slightest contact and dink - theres another dimple.

notice a running theme here?
SLIGHTEST touch.
the spongy metal does ok with broad impacts, but the lightest touch from a smallish object and it wrinkles.

Considering all the wheeling I've done, I've come away pretty clean (on top anyway - skids are a mess)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #11 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

My first trail damage was due to the lousy parking brake. First time out, we stop on a trail to look around. I get with it running and brake set. My buddy turns around and yells "Jeep rolling!" I turn around just in time to watch roll into the back of his truck. It peeled back the pass fender and scratched up the side a little. Luckily the truck was there to stop it as my son was playing his DS inside still.

Now I'm not to worried when I run a tight trail or thump a tree.
Attached Images

Jeepless

Last edited by el_campede; 06-12-2009 at 06:04 PM.
post #12 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks guys now i dont feel so bad, lol. all is fair in owning a jeep.
post #13 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

post #14 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

The only damage we've got so far is a couple small dents in the front bumper from a suicidal deer on a two lane 55mph road. My wife was on her way to work 9am sat after a standard rearview mirror check to observe the little red sports car not to far off the rear bumper but not tailgateing she looked foward to see a brown blur land in the road and BANG! it was over.
She told me her only thoughts were if i hit the brakes the guy behind me is gonna smack me,so she kept her foot on the go pedal and held a steady course.Smacked the license plate rolled over and under both right tires.
She watched the pass side mirror to see the poor thing flop off the side of the road and the guy behind her was fine,then she remembered to pull over.
Called me and i asked the right ? first,Are you ok? yes,is the jeep ok?i think so.Have you called the cops?oh i need to do that?yep,where are you i'll be right there.
Even the cop couldn't belive the lack of damage,we could hardly get pics that showed it.
So many things could have gone worse,The deer could have been in the air and gone through the windshield, she could've been in a sub compact,she could have panicked and swerved and rolled.
Needless to say we love our jeep, it's worth every payment.

got Jeep got stuff, never enough of the right stuff tho

Am I in deep enough yet?
post #15 of 37 Old 06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

That's not a battle scar. That snaps back on and no one will ever now it was off.

Quote:

Jeepless
post #16 of 37 Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
JKO Addict!

A little bit of this obstacle

And this trail

Led to this

Roll bar came in handy

But that just gave me a reason to do this

So I of course had to try them out

Not bad

|
|
post #17 of 37 Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Granite Guru

Took out the driverside mirror when I laid it up against tree, also dented the door and front fender and broke a couple of the plastic clips that hold the flare on.

The rock under the Jeep decided it was time for me to relocate the evap caninster

Had a couple of sidewalls that did not fair to well

Sucked mud up into the clutch and siezed the rear drive shaft, 4 hr recovery.

plenty of other dents, dings and scrapes underneath the jeep that I'm entirely positive when they happened.
post #18 of 37 Old 06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow this has grown since I looked last, ouch Jeepin Dad.

Well here we go for the good of the thread *see posts 6 & 8

License plate holder, bumper and rear flare. When I first saw it, the trailing end was dangling off the Jeep. I took it off and pressed it back kind of in shape with a BFH, 2x4 blocks and c-clamps.

Substitute for the drilled mirror mod, it doesn't hold water now

The cowl mod (you know this is welded to the top part of the fender, it comes all as one piece)

Outside of the door

The temporary screws/nuts holding the mirror base on (yes that's a bandaid to protect the side of the dash)

Quote:
post #19 of 37 Old 06-19-2009, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thakns for keeping this thread going everyone its always interesting to see what everyone else is getting into with the jeeps they drive. after all it is a "jeep"!!!!!!!!
post #20 of 37 Old 06-19-2009, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bent axle assembly.

post #21 of 37 Old 06-19-2009, 02:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Bent axle assembly.
so much for the ORE gussets huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #22 of 37 Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Rock God

stupid tree at night.

post #23 of 37 Old 07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Wheeler

Question Rear quarters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
But that just gave me a reason to do this

So I of course had to try them out
Did you fab up those rear quarters yourself?...
Or where did you get them?..
Writeup?

Thanks!

Nate

post #24 of 37 Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Rock God

What started as a great day at Tuttle Creek Lake in Kansas farting around with different folks in CJ's, XJ's, TJ's and JK's...ended with me taking out a tree:

I know, I should have taken my door off. At least I didn't hit the cows:

post #25 of 37 Old 07-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Rock God

Only damage so far a broken valve stem and scraped up rims.

[img=http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8977/brokenstem.th.jpg]

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode