My HID Off Road Lights. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
My HID Off Road Lights.

so i am thinking i have over done it this time... i just installed my 7" HID Off Road Lights... they look a little to big mounted on the windshield.. but i am thinking if i went with the 4" they would look to small..

------------------------------------------

ok.. after getting them wired up.. they are starting to grow on me. i am kinda liking the look.. even though they look a little big they make the jeep look badass.. here are some more shots..

HID Head lights & Fog Lights

HID Head Lights & Fog Lights & The Windshield Lights

and like everyone has said.. these pictures do it no justice.. they are even brighter in person.. i am very happy with these lights..

and i do plan on getting that red ring painted the same color as the jeep.. just gotta talk to the painter..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to FHMan1905

Where can you find those lights?
post #3 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Rock God

I have the 4" in stock and should be getting the 7" in this month.

http://www.rdmoffroad.com/index.asp?...rodID=628&HS=1

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

post #4 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to rage344

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHMan1905 View Post
talk to hidx he is on here or go to the local kragen

Riverraider Rubicon 2 door (under construction)
[QUOTE=priell3;158092] you have the old style with dirty balls.QUOTE]
post #5 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 11:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHMan1905 View Post
Trailduty.com and RDM offroad are both board sponsors and both carry HIDX

As far as them being too big, I don't think so - I like em!
But then again. I run 2 6"ers on each side of my windshield

I'd love to switch to 2 4" HIDXs per side but thats gonna have to wait for $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM Offroad View Post
I have the 4" in stock and should be getting the 7" in this month.

http://www.rdmoffroad.com/index.asp?...rodID=628&HS=1
RDM,

What is the depth of the 4"?

Thanks
post #7 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I was thinking of switching to 4" but then again that would look kinda small. But if anyone wants to offer me a price for the 7"s if it's right I'll get rid of these and get the 4"s

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

post #8 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks great with the 7's!

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #9 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizug View Post
RDM,

What is the depth of the 4"?

Thanks

Follow us on:

post #10 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Rock God

And here are the dimensions of the 7" if anyone is interested:

Follow us on:

post #11 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks!!
post #12 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Rock God

I think the 7" are perfect up there... but then I'm a little biased!

One thing that makes a pretty big difference is the mounting bracket. Most of what are currently available go up, then forward. The Smittybilt brackets go DOWN then forward to create the "shelf" that the light mounts to. Those are the brackets I am using, but the hole is just a LITTLE too close to the windshield frame and the back, bottom edge of the light hits against it. Not a real big deal, but it can limit how high you can adjust your lights. Mine arent bad for the time being.

I am designing a new one right now that will mount the lights lower like the Smittybilts, but push them forward just a little more. This gives you the largest field of view from inside the cab, full adjustment... and I think they look a little better than the KC or Mopar mounts. Of course, just a matter of opinion.

Attached Images

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #13 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

im running the rugged rigde mounts.. they are doing fine now.. there set pretty much where i want them maybe i can aim them down.. but they do hit my windshiled.. and my right windshiled wiper gets hung up on the light housing..

post #14 of 16 Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Rock God

If you haven't cut down the studs you can add a spacer between the mount and the light to raise it up and away from the windshield. Even a 1/2" spacer should give you enough vertical adjustment and clearance for the wiper.

James

Follow us on:

post #15 of 16 Old 06-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Rock God

I like them; but then again I am used to looking at my 9" monsters. Now they are a tad big; but for what I paid for them I said to the heck with it, and put them on anyway...

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan-
post #16 of 16 Old 06-14-2009, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

yea i like mine now.. and i got mine for the price of 1.. =) some people are like look at those big dumb lights.. and im like.. just stand in front of them for a sec.. and i flip the switch and all they see is spots.. lol im gonna paint my ring unless i can switch it with a black one.. and im plan on getting the black covers.. im lucky enuff not to get pulled over yet...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode