Full custom cage requests - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 05-30-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Full custom cage requests

This week im redoing the roll cage along with an exo cage. Im hoping some people can post up some pics for idea's. I've only seen 1 exo cage and it was over done imo.

Im thinking something like my bud joeys jeep for a cage:

And exo along the lines of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- SELF PROCLAIMED CANADA'S #1 OFFROADING SITE!

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
15x10 Beadlocked Black Rock Rims
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
Rugged Ridge Vests/Daystar Dash/Raingler Grab Handles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Granite Guru

That's not an exo, that is tube fenders tied into a Hood Hoop....
post #3 of 54 Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

its an exo, the hoop ties into the flares which tie into the rock rails which tie into the rear flares which tie into the rear bumper. Very slick design and stop body damage from trees.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #4 of 54 Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONVICT View Post
its an exo, the hoop ties into the flares which tie into the rock rails which tie into the rear flares which tie into the rear bumper. Very slick design and stop body damage from trees.
Oh excuse me, but in all my offroading, I have known that the term "exo" is short for External Cage, meaning like a roll cage on the Exterior of a vehicle. I didn't realize when people tied fenders and rails and bumpers together with tube they considered that an Exo-Cage. I guess I have to go tell everyone over at Pirate and Mud the news!
post #5 of 54 Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Don't get your panties in a bunch. He wants a "light" exo cage

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
post #6 of 54 Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Garage

Exo cages and Jeeps...

Exo's are for things like Xterras with a uni body.. not Jeeps.
Exos also add alot of weight high up on the rig... not something you want if you don't have to.

But whatever floats your rubber ducky I guess.

Get the EVO or RR armor, full Poly cage (when released) and you will achieve the same thing as in the silver Jeep above.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Oh excuse me, but in all my offroading, I have known that the term "exo" is short for External Cage, meaning like a roll cage on the Exterior of a vehicle. I didn't realize when people tied fenders and rails and bumpers together with tube they considered that an Exo-Cage. I guess I have to go tell everyone over at Pirate and Mud the news!
exo cage - something that protects your jeeps body from damage, for example "roll cage on the Exterior of a vehicle" so when i put my jk on its side, the body panels arent damaged. Instead it would rest on the fenders and the top of the exo.

Light exo cage would be the correct term, i would add some dom tubing from fender accross windshield wiper area and some up to the roof that can be connected to the roll cage.

Something like = not exactly as shown. More like this, but 2 door.

Dont get all prissy with me toyo boy... maybe stick with the fj

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables

Last edited by CONVICT; 05-31-2009 at 12:37 AM.
post #8 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 07:22 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
x2. The posted picture is NOT an exo CAGE.
post #9 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 07:56 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
exo cage - something that protects your jeeps body from damage, for example "roll cage on the Exterior of a vehicle" so when i put my jk on its side, the body panels arent damaged. Instead it would rest on the fenders and the top of the exo.

Light exo cage would be the correct term, i would add some dom tubing from fender accross windshield wiper area and some up to the roof that can be connected to the roll cage.

Something like = not exactly as shown. More like this, but 2 door.

Dont get all prissy with me toyo boy... maybe stick with the fj

Where did you find that pic of the 4 door, want to see more if there is some...

2008 X- Red Rock, w/Rockwells on the install

post #10 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

i love the jeep.. love the cage.. but u cant even take the soft top off..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

Last edited by BiGEN; 05-31-2009 at 08:37 AM.
post #11 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Openly Hostile

The evo armor weights a hell of a lot more than whats on that silver TJ. The silver TJ is pretty close to what I want to do to mine eventually.

Jason
post #12 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Rock God

Quote:

And exo along the lines of:

That's Rev111 stuff, they made great stuff for the TJ but went out of business very quickly. One of the local guys here had everything above minus the grill guard(which I think is Toys by Troy, but don't quote me), looked great... Then he sold it and it was rolled hard on the street & it actually held up nicely. Nothing is tied in though like you think it is... although it's really close & matches up in pictures.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.

Last edited by Prope; 05-31-2009 at 08:53 AM.
post #13 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Rock God

Rev111 is back in business(picked up by another company in northern Ca). Before they shut down they had JK flares in the works that some of you might have seen on Xtreme 4x4 a while back. Once the new owners get things up and running you can expect to see the JK stuff back. Overall great products and very versatile.

James

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

post #14 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

so back on topic... anyone running an exo? still looking for inspiration.

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #15 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
That's Rev111 stuff, they made great stuff for the TJ but went out of business very quickly. One of the local guys here had everything above minus the grill guard(which I think is Toys by Troy, but don't quote me), looked great... Then he sold it and it was rolled hard on the street & it actually held up nicely. Nothing is tied in though like you think it is... although it's really close & matches up in pictures.
The silver jeep is a friend of mine from Calgary, he did indeed tie everything in together.

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #16 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Rock God

Quote:
The silver jeep is a friend of mine from Calgary, he did indeed tie everything in together.
COOL! How did he isolate the body from the frame. My buddy wanted to do that but couln't figure it out. Tell your buddy that's one of the best looking tj's I've seen(not that he doesn't already know that)!

White widow, i think that's his name, has a good looking/functional exo. He just had a post with tons of pics recently.

Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
post #17 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Rock God

here it is... old trip good fun lot of pics

Fenders & Rockers -
post #18 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks prope! Im not 100% sure how he did it, he has since sold his rig which was a sad day! But if I see him again I'll ask him.

On a side note, what tranny did you go with for your hemi swap? and did you have to lengthen or shorten your 1350's?

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #19 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Rock God

5-45RFE... Burnsville did the swap before I bought it from the PO.
I need to lengthen the front about 2 inches, but it still works, just makes me nervous when the axle is completely compressed as it's toward the end of the splines, the rear works just fine.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #20 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 12:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Sorry, I know the link is from "there", but here's the protection dildo has on his JK. http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=71803

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
post #21 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Rock God

looks pretty good, but he's not "trail rated" anymore

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #22 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks carson! totally what I was talking about over the windshield wiper area to the roof. Not too sure on his rails, but we'll see.

2008 JK RUBICON
5" Skyjacker
2" BDS Spacers
40x18x15 Boggers
JE REEL Drive Shafts
TeraFlex Adjustables
post #23 of 54 Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Granite Guru

Here's a couple of my heep...

Last edited by Paul08Wrangler; 05-31-2009 at 05:04 PM.
post #24 of 54 Old 06-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
so back on topic... anyone running an exo? still looking for inspiration.
look at my website maybe that will help you .

KMA Fabrication

559-493-8314
Build it right or Kiss My Axle
post #25 of 54 Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Granite Guru

Done a little more work on mine this past week...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode