3Likes
  • 1 Post By RedrockHemi
  • 1 Post By Uncle Sams Misguided Child
  • 1 Post By chknkatsu

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Radiator Shot...Again

Well, it looks like I'm gonna be replacing my radiator again....

Last August the OEM radiator cracked, so I decided to upgrade to the Mishimoto Aluminum one. I've had experience with them in the past on imports (buddies with drift missiles and such) and heard nothing but good stuff about them. Now it's 8 months later, and I've got multiple core leaks from bad welds. Luckily, this ridiculously expensive radiator has a lifetime warranty, and the new one is on its way already. I can say that the warranty process with those guys was super straightforward, and it was shipped out the same day I paid the $30 shipping fee. I'm just a little annoyed that a radiator this expensive crapped out so fast.

After I submitted my claim, I got an email from one of their guys asking for more details about my Jeep *that wouldn't affect the claim* because they've been having issues (I guess) with their rads on the JK's....has anyone else had issues or heard anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to RedrockHemi

Yes I work at a dealer and replace 3-4 a week....all 2013 and up are affected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aWIGHTguy likes this.

08 Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7 Hemi, 4.88's, 3.5 in Nth Deg short arm, 35in KM2's, AEV Pintler Beadlocks, Teraflex diff covers, Ruff Stuff Custom tie rod, AEV corner guards painted to match, painted flares, painted hardtop, leather seats, AEV front bumper painted to match, Warn 9000 XDi, Mopar Rear w/swingaway painted to match, HID's, TMD cowl Induction hood, Nemisis Billy Rockers, Warn Dual modes up front, PIAA's on the windshield
post #3 of 15 Old 04-20-2017, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

My JK is an '07....hopefully the problem isn't spreading!!! haha

post #4 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 05:41 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

The problem is with a mishimoto aftermarket radiator. Just last week I believe there was another post about another mishimoto radiator leaking.
aWIGHTguy likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
The problem is with a mishimoto aftermarket radiator. Just last week I believe there was another post about another mishimoto radiator leaking.
three posts actually, one of them being mine
aWIGHTguy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #6 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWIGHTguy View Post
Well, it looks like I'm gonna be replacing my radiator again....

Last August the OEM radiator cracked, so I decided to upgrade to the Mishimoto Aluminum one. I've had experience with them in the past on imports (buddies with drift missiles and such) and heard nothing but good stuff about them. Now it's 8 months later, and I've got multiple core leaks from bad welds. Luckily, this ridiculously expensive radiator has a lifetime warranty, and the new one is on its way already. I can say that the warranty process with those guys was super straightforward, and it was shipped out the same day I paid the $30 shipping fee. I'm just a little annoyed that a radiator this expensive crapped out so fast.

After I submitted my claim, I got an email from one of their guys asking for more details about my Jeep *that wouldn't affect the claim* because they've been having issues (I guess) with their rads on the JK's....has anyone else had issues or heard anything about this?
mishimoto is junk. im on my 3rd one...over priced made in china products. i dont even know how they make money considering how many radiators they warranty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #7 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

As long as they keep replacing it under warranty, I'll keep using it I guess. Start having to give away enough of them, and they'll seriously consider fixing the problem. Lol

post #8 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrockHemi View Post
Yes I work at a dealer and replace 3-4 a week....all 2013 and up are affected
Are you talking about stock radiators? Plastic tanks w/alum cores?

Kevin
post #9 of 15 Old 04-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

Yes that's correct. 2013 and up are going to be huge problems in the future

08 Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7 Hemi, 4.88's, 3.5 in Nth Deg short arm, 35in KM2's, AEV Pintler Beadlocks, Teraflex diff covers, Ruff Stuff Custom tie rod, AEV corner guards painted to match, painted flares, painted hardtop, leather seats, AEV front bumper painted to match, Warn 9000 XDi, Mopar Rear w/swingaway painted to match, HID's, TMD cowl Induction hood, Nemisis Billy Rockers, Warn Dual modes up front, PIAA's on the windshield
post #10 of 15 Old 04-22-2017, 07:53 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknkatsu View Post
mishimoto is junk. im on my 3rd one...over priced made in china products. i dont even know how they make money considering how many radiators they warranty
LOL, I like your signature.

My 07 with 200k miles went out. It looked OEM. Aside from Mishimoto, are there any other reputable alternatives?
post #11 of 15 Old 04-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrockHemi View Post
Yes that's correct. 2013 and up are going to be huge problems in the future
Is it the cores going out? The interface between the core and the plastic tanks? Or the plastic tanks themselves?

Have you heard anything about stray electrical current causing problems?

Kevin
post #12 of 15 Old 04-22-2017, 12:52 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

If anyone here in AZ has a leaking JK radiator they swapped out, I have a friend who is looking to start making handmade four pass aftermarket radiators to fill this gap. He needs one for mockup and asked if I could reach out to see if anyone I know has one laying around.

TIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Granite Guru

They always leak on the driver side where the cooling coils/tubes go into the flange that clamps to the tank....I was looking to see if we had one in the shop here but they cleared out all our scrap yesterday so I don't have a need to take a picture of the show you for reference

post #14 of 15 Old 04-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by still in school View Post
LOL, I like your signature.

My 07 with 200k miles went out. It looked OEM. Aside from Mishimoto, are there any other reputable alternatives?
Griffin makes an aluminum JK replacement. but its almost double the cost of the mishimoto one. but assuming it's quality is better than mishimoto, the amount of money you save on wasted coolant and radiator swaps may pay for itself

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
post #15 of 15 Old 04-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Wheeler

I have a Flex-A-Lite. Very Nice...and expensive. I have had no issues in the 6 months it's been in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode