ls3 swap to 8l80 tranny - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-19-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ls3 swap to 8l80 tranny

OK I understand that the years must be the same but you can't swap a older 6l80 to a newer ls3. 2012 ls3 L99 usually are mated with a 6l80e but can you swap to a 8l80 or are you dedicated to the 6l80e?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-20-2017, 07:06 AM
JKowners Vendor

The 8 speed is Gen V and not backwards compatible to the Gen IV engines. Take a look at RPMEXtreme and Motech. They both have websites and threads on here that talk extensively about LS conversions in the JK. Jon and Robbie are both great guys and will spend some time with you on the phone as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-20-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hey thanks for the input. Lots of learning to do before I pull it so not to make a big mistake.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2017, 06:30 AM
JKowners Vendor

No problem! It took me months of reading to decide what I thought I wanted then went with the recommendations of Jon at RPMExtreme and the exact same from Robbie at MoTech at the last minute when I finally pulled the trigger on a GEN IV 6.0 and 6L80E.

Soon Motech will perfect their Gen V kits. That light weight direct injection 5.3 with 8 speed is really attractive to me. In the end Jon pointed out the fact my Jeep is 10 years old and the 6.0 is tried and true proving to run 250,000 miles, producing a flat torque curve, and is only 100 lbs more than the 3.8.

My dad has been talking to me about building him a Jeep. I'm thinking Gen V 6.2 with the 8 speed and dana 60s will be a monster to reckon with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode