JK 2dr Rock Slider Time - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By tapcola
  • 1 Post By skulldaddy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

JK 2dr Rock Slider Time

I'm changing things up. I need some rock sliders that are going to protect my body and hold up to some moderatly heavy abuse. I'm not an extreme wheeler, but I want to protect the body of my Jeep. I'd also like the options of having long arms one day, so I think I'm stuck a body mount solution.

So far these are the choices I've found. Please weigh in and add your suggestion:

- Smittybilt XRC - don't laugh... a buddy beats on his pretty hard and these are holding up!
- Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers - body mount
- Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Series

I currently have PSC rocker armor and that's going to stay.
Attached Images

SkullDaddyGraphics.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

2013 JK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Rock God

Have you looked at VKS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Alfie831 likes this.

SYNERGY, FOX,VKS,HUTCHINSON,
post #3 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Granite Guru

It looks like he has vks sliders. Not sure why he wants to get rid of them those are the best sliders ive ever run

post #4 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Look at Pure Jeep as well. Great sliders. They fit very tight to the body and mount to the frame. Drilling required. Gotta expect that if you want strength though.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the body mounted Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers. I like the clearance and have yet to hear about them bending into the body.
Alfie831 likes this.

SkullDaddyGraphics.com

|
|

2013 JK

post #6 of 9 Old 03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm going with the body mounted Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers. I like the clearance and have yet to hear about them bending into the body.
A buddy has those on his JKU. He likes them and they fit well. They look good and are strong but I think my Pure Jeep sliders are stronger. But I'm biased as well. Lol. If I may suggest, invest in a zert-nut tool if you don't have one already. It will make install must quicker and easier. The little tool Poison Spyder gives you is painful to use. Lol.

Last edited by Alfie831; 03-21-2017 at 10:32 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-23-2017, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie831 View Post
A buddy has those on his JKU. He likes them and they fit well. They look good and are strong but I think my Pure Jeep sliders are stronger. But I'm biased as well. Lol. If I may suggest, invest in a zert-nut tool if you don't have one already. It will make install must quicker and easier. The little tool Poison Spyder gives you is painful to use. Lol.
No nutserts needed with the Rocker Knockers.. they are attached to the pinch seam and bottom of the body.

SkullDaddyGraphics.com

|
|

2013 JK

post #8 of 9 Old 03-26-2017, 04:09 PM

Im currently using the smittybuilt sliders, and yes, they are best to hell, but unlike the 4 door sliders, these don't use pinchweld seams to mount.

They have protected the body well and kept on serving. However after 3 years of punishment, I'll be doing RPM Fab weld on sliders. Made in Tempe, AZ.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Granite Guru

Just say no to anything that doesnt weld directly to the frame. I really like my VKS sliders, but there are a few others that are very similar.

Billet 2013 2 door
Dana 60 front, 14 Bolt rear, ARB's, 5.38's, 40" sticky Trepadors, 3 link front and rear, 14" Sway-a-Way coilovers, Tom Woods 1310 front, Adams 1350 rear, PSC Hydro assist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode