Seats - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rubi-8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Seats

What is everyone running for aftermarket seats. I've got a bad back and need to find something more comfortable for long hours in the seat for trail and driving longer distances. Don't have the money to buy the Master craft seat any other choices out there that will not break the bank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 05:44 PM
JKO Addict!

If its for comfort I would think you would want to sit it them more then just look at pricing. Generally a decent after market seat is going to run you $400+ per seat + mounting brackets.

What is your budget?

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thedirtman and I understand that. Not look at the price but the budget is around 1000 dollars might be able to get alittle more if I talk the wife into it.

post #4 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Check this tread for some savings.PRP Seats at CCOR! I sat in several models they had on display at king of the hammers. They looked like quality seats and I like the fact they are customizable with different fabrics, air lumbar, heat, and some other stuff depending on the model. I don't like my Corbeau seats and have been looking. Free shipping at CCOR saves you about $110 vs ordering thru PRP's website. I am about to pull the trigger on the podium elite model with air lumbar support. You could go the summit model route for as little as $419 each with custom fabrics but not other options.

Some build info here:

New to jeeps, check this link
post #5 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks for the quick replay. I will check them out.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-15-2017, 07:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Custom Seat Designer: Simpson Race Products

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 06:54 AM
Cod
Mall Crawl Champ!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post

I've been looking at those.......I've had the hardest time deciding between which seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 07:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I've been looking at those.......I've had the hardest time deciding between which seats.
Great choice! I'm actually a dealer for Simpson Racing and will give anyone on JKO a set of seats for a killer deal (I cannot advertise that low so PM or email me). I have been so busy getting the new house/shop up and running I have not had time to make a thread and website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutJK View Post
thedirtman and I understand that. Not look at the price but the budget is around 1000 dollars might be able to get alittle more if I talk the wife into it.
I can hit that budget with custom colors, heated, seats, seat brackets, and shipping.

There are also standard color options to to save $50/per seat. Simpson UTV and Off Road Seats: Simpson Race Products All seat can have heat and lumbar added.

The XL-R is designed for Jeeps and daily driving.

I am running the Vortex since I cannot recline my seats with the JK-8. We will have a 'big and tall' version of the Vortex shortly but even my 6'4" best friend with a bad back was very comfortable driving my Jeep for a week while I put UD60s under his.
tapcola likes this.

post #9 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi-8 View Post
Great choice! I'm actually a dealer for Simpson Racing and will give anyone on JKO a set of seats for a killer deal (I cannot advertise that low so PM or email me). I have been so busy getting the new house/shop up and running I have not had time to make a thread and website.

I can hit that budget with custom colors, heated, seats, seat brackets, and shipping.

There are also standard color options to to save $50/per seat. Simpson UTV and Off Road Seats: Simpson Race Products All seat can have heat and lumbar added.

The XL-R is designed for Jeeps and daily driving.

I am running the Vortex since I cannot recline my seats with the JK-8. We will have a 'big and tall' version of the Vortex shortly but even my 6'4" best friend with a bad back was very comfortable driving my Jeep for a week while I put UD60s under his.
Great to hear! I was playing with the simpson xlr customized tool earlier this week. I ended up at a price that was too much, so if you can get close to a G for two that works for me. I will PM you soon. Curious if you are aware of a seat bracket that might lower the overall seat height as I'm 6'5" and the factory seats are a little high even at the lowest seat position (at least for a 2012 jk). Thanks.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-16-2017, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

can you shoot me a PM with pricing?
post #11 of 12 Old 02-17-2017, 12:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm very happy with my Master Craft Baja RS with lumbar support. I picked them up from a someone who's plans had charged and got a good deal.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

For you guys playing with different colors. I know at least PRP (others may too) will send you swatches of material in the various colors you're thinking about. At least it lets you actually see what "starfish brown" really is and the texture too.

I ended up with a pair of PRP podium elite's and a 42" bench. Be a while before they get installed but, I can say they are well made and comfy.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode