MoTech LS JK Billet Brackets - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 10-27-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

MoTech LS JK Billet Brackets

Guys I know it been a long time coming but here are some pictures of our new LS JK accessory drive brackets. This is a power steering and A/C bracket. Our cut and bend brackets worked well but required alignment and were labor intensive to manufacturer. These brackets will be CNC machined right here in our shop with our equipment.

These are bolt on brackets and will require no alignment plus use the stock JK tensioner. Our first offering will be the Gen IV truck drive followed by the Gen IV LS3 drive. We are already working on a Gen V billet drive as well.

There are advantages running the JK drive over the GM drive and visa versa. Running the JK drive means you have the AC compressor on the driver side low so no interference with the UCA or frame. In addition you can run all stock PS hoses, alternator wiring and slightly modded AC lines. You will also maintain TIPM controlled smart charging although we have that covered in the GM drive now as well.

These brackets will be included in our kit at no extra charge and will come with all the hardware you need as well as a belt.

MoTech
725-502-8507

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 10-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Granite Guru

Look great!
Would like to see how they look installed...
On my Jeep!
post #3 of 39 Old 10-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

Very cool.

Kevin

post #4 of 39 Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 AM
TOTL Innovations

So they are available now?

post #5 of 39 Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 AM
Granite Guru

These don't look they would fit at all. Unless you send me some, there is no way for me to believe you.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-

post #6 of 39 Old 10-28-2016, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
These don't look they would fit at all. Unless you send me some, there is no way for me to believe you.
These won't fit your LS3 Keith, these are truck brackets. When the LS3's are available I'll let you know.

We are test running these brackets right now and doing some fine tuning of the G-code; I'll post when the production brackets are ready.

TBH unless you are having an issue or just want the billet look our standard brackets and GM drive work well. On my personal JK I'm running our Gen I brackets from 2009 without issue over 80,000 miles.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #7 of 39 Old 10-28-2016, 11:22 AM
JKowners Vendor

Great news for those of us that want to keep the JK accessories!

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Teraflex, Rock Krawler, GenRight, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, Ridid, Rock-Slide, JCR, Hella, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

post #8 of 39 Old 10-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Cod
Mall Crawl Champ!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Looks good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #9 of 39 Old 10-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTech View Post
These won't fit your LS3 Keith, these are truck brackets. When the LS3's are available I'll let you know.

We are test running these brackets right now and doing some fine tuning of the G-code; I'll post when the production brackets are ready.

TBH unless you are having an issue or just want the billet look our standard brackets and GM drive work well. On my personal JK I'm running our Gen I brackets from 2009 without issue over 80,000 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
Mine works perfect as is. Those are just damn good looking!

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-

post #10 of 39 Old 11-16-2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Here's some pictures of the first production billet accessory drive brackets we are testing now. We found the alternator bracket is a bit overkill so it has been trimmed down. Very shortly we will have online instructions on our website that shows the installation of these brackets and a lot more. Our new manual will not only list part numbers for items required for the swap but torque specs, illustrations, diagrams and clear step by step instructions for the entire build process. I'm excited about this new manual not only for tech support but it contains information of how the swap works and why. In addition you will have options to purchase all the items you need for the swap right down to the paint in a convenient package. We will be offering complete LS3 powertrain packages that are ready to drop in your chassis. They will include everything you need like O2's, exhaust..... We have actually done this for years with export customers but it is time to offer it here now that our production is up and support the demand. Combined with our Gen IV MT module the kit should be plug and play with CAN support.

tapcola likes this.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #11 of 39 Old 11-16-2016, 12:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

Those look great! I can't wait, looking forward to seeing them in person.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Teraflex, Rock Krawler, GenRight, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, Ridid, Rock-Slide, JCR, Hella, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

post #12 of 39 Old 11-17-2016, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #13 of 39 Old 01-04-2017, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

After some fine tuning and testing our first billet bracket accessory drive will ship soon. They were installed on a lowly used 5.3 iron LMG engine but do spiff it up quite a bit. I think they will look awesome on an all aluminum LS. Here's a few pictures, I'll get a video of it running shortly. We have designed the brackets to accept stock belt sizes. Some of the advantages of this drive are:

• No alignment required just bolt on.
  • Tested to 7,000 rpm.
  • Shorter and readily available S-belts.
  • Run stock off the shelf JK AC hoses.
  • Run stock off the shelf JK power steering lines.
  • Run your original JK accessories (2007-11).
  • Accessories in original location so electrical connectors go right back where they were.
  • JK smart charging remains functional.
  • Proper AC compressor clearance to upper control arm with no lift.
  • No need to modify frame to install low mount AC compressor.
  • Run PSC or other aftermarket PS pumps designed for the JK.
  • Proper PS pump pulley clearance vs GM drive.

I'm a little jealous and want these on my JK lol; however, my steel drive still works fine. All that's really left is the MoTech logo is upside down on the alternator bracket which we will correct then we are going to turn out twenty sets in the first batch.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #14 of 39 Old 01-05-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #15 of 39 Old 01-26-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Were close to releasing the LS3 billet brackets. We tried several configurations to find the best combination of clearance and performance. The LS3 engines can rev to 7,000 rpm so we kept this in mind. By moving the AC compressor back to the rear groves on the balancer we can shorten the main belt to about 80". In addition this new belt routing gives tons of room under the throttle body and to the radiator hose which was tight before. You can see the AC compressor block plate in this picture which works with all our billet drives.

For now we are supporting the Camaro drive which has the same offset as the truck, the CTV and Corvette drive run the shorter water pump and balancer. We may or may not support the short offset drive in the future which essentially is the same as the Camaro layout but shorter. The problem with the short offset is it does not allow clearance for the VVT components like the L99 engines use.

We have been running our aluminum AC billet mount with our earlier steel PS and alternator brackets for testing and should have the full aluminum drive available soon. I am very happy this drive will require zero alignment and just bolt on; in addition the extra clearance around the TB and radiator hose outlet is nice as well as running the JK accessories again. I don't feel it's worth upgrading an earlier LS3 drive unless you want the bling, the early drive worked well it just required more diligence to set up. If you prefer to run the GM drive we will continue to support it with the appropriate hoses and lines included in the kit, you need to specify which you are running.

If running hydraulics the LS3 pump is not the best choice, we support the JK and PSC PS pump with our LS3 drive if you have hydraulics. Don't forget if you are running a JK pump to run ATF+ 4 and the mineral based GM fluid with the GM pump.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #16 of 39 Old 01-26-2017, 03:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTech View Post

If running hydraulics the LS3 pump is not the best choice, we support the JK and PSC PS pump with our LS3 drive if you have hydraulics. Don't forget if you are running a JK pump to run ATF+ 4 and the mineral based GM fluid with the GM pump.

I have the cts-v accessory drive on my ls3 and as you stated if you want hydro steering the pump for that drive is not good. I read this several different places online not to mention here from you and others. I spoke with PSC and HOWE who also both confirmed.

However when I spoke with howe about a assisted setup for my application he also said that if I choose to go with them that when I send in my other components to also send the pump and he can modify it to work more than fine for this application and at high RPM.

After listening to him on the phone for 10 minutes it's apparent that he is about as knowledgeable about hydro steering as anyone there is out there. So while in stock trim the pump is not good there are options for the cts-v drive and hydro assist.
post #17 of 39 Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkjeep View Post
I have the cts-v accessory drive on my ls3 and as you stated if you want hydro steering the pump for that drive is not good. I read this several different places online not to mention here from you and others. I spoke with PSC and HOWE who also both confirmed.

However when I spoke with howe about a assisted setup for my application he also said that if I choose to go with them that when I send in my other components to also send the pump and he can modify it to work more than fine for this application and at high RPM.

After listening to him on the phone for 10 minutes it's apparent that he is about as knowledgeable about hydro steering as anyone there is out there. So while in stock trim the pump is not good there are options for the cts-v drive and hydro assist.
Yep. You can not go wrong with Howe. They are about as good as it gets. The racers that have to pay for their steering almost exclusively run Howe.

Kevin
post #18 of 39 Old 01-29-2017, 05:19 AM
Wheeler

Looking forward to seeing the Gen V kit coming out. By the time it's out I should have enough pennies saved to get this thing going😎

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #19 of 39 Old 03-02-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

The first set of production billet brackets are anodized black, they look awesome in person. We will offer them in both black and unfinished. The addition of these brackets really boost the value for $ with our swap.

ALASHA and mstrofpuppets like this.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #20 of 39 Old 03-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Wheeler

how much are these going to cost? I have been having belt alignment problems with the brackets on my 6.0 swap that you did.

Last edited by BigRedJKU; 03-15-2017 at 12:13 AM.
post #21 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJKU View Post
how much are these goons cost? I have been having belt alignment problems with the brackets on my 6.0 swap that you did.
Give us a call we discount for our previous customers.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #22 of 39 Old 03-07-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

mstrofpuppets likes this.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #23 of 39 Old 03-13-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Here's part of the first production run They're look so nice you may want to display them before you install them on a motor.

azjeepN likes this.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #24 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Here's some pictures of the Gen IV alternator bracket anodized black. These brackets are awesome for several reasons: a couple being you eliminate PS pulley to PS gear issues, and the AC compressor interference with the UCA and frame using the GM drive.

The first set of 20 Gen IV truck brackets are spoken for and were gearing up to make 50 more sets; I'll try and get a vid up machining them. In the meantime the LS3 brackets are about ready for production, they are very similar to the truck brackets. The Gen V PS bracket is coming next.

In each case the main belt size has been reduced dramatically leading to less belt slap and stretch. The LS3 drive has been rerouted like a stock LS3 so there it's not tight up against the TB any more. Running the accessories back where they were solves a lot of clearance issues and frustration, and these brackets being precisly machined means no alignment required, bolt them on and go.

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #25 of 39 Old 04-21-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

MoTech
725-502-8507

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode