JKOwners Forum banner

Relocating Rear lower Perches

901 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PIG 
#1 ·
So I've tried just about everything to keep my rear passenger coil from hitting my track bar. Its a 3.5" Rock Krawler X-factor, imagine that. I've got my pinion angle and rear axel centered. I got JKS adjustable perches on the way and was just looking for a few pointers on removing and installing these. I plan on doing it this weekend, any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
Use a cutoff wheel on a grinder to cut the welds, if there's a fair amount of weld left on the axle use a grinding wheel to smooth it out, then use a flapper to make sure it's reeeeeal smooth, then bolt on the jks perches and bask in amazement. You, my friend, are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
JKS is a super quality group. Always been impressed with their stuff.

That said, I never liked bolting on suspension components. Whether it's a track bar bracker or these, welding is the way to go.

The easiest solution to your problem is to cut your old perches off and reweld them in the proper position. Should be able to find someone to weld them on for you for a nice bottle of whiskey. It will take about ten minutes, including repainting. .

Less money. More better.

:)

#5 ·
FWIW, when I had that issue I fixed it by using RK's lower spring seat wedges. I've had them on there for seven years & 60k miles now with no issues. A lot easier than cutting the seats.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.