Ya had it all good to go, and then you went and changed it. Sometimes perfection sucks doesn't it?
Unrelated question. What plasma table do use?
Thanks, lol, I really can't even believe it myself, that I was all good to go with the bestop uppers, but I couldn't pass up getting the factory uppers.
I don't own the table, I met the owner thru a mutual friend. It is a Burntable 4x5 with hypertherm 65. It is awesome to be able to draw something up and watch it get cut out. Makes my switch of uppers not such a big deal at all
Haven't had much time this week, but still managed to find out my original design on my latches/pull wouldn't work, but fixed that and ordered a new set of interior handles.
Been experimenting with the Latch placement and have it finally dialed in, hopefully
Thankfully I made a few extras in different lengths, etc to experiment with.
Ordered and received the factory retainer clips for the uppers so I can make the steel bodies needed to actually mount them into the doors. Then I can test the height.
So, not much major progress, but still positive progress.
Here's a pile of shit.
Dirtman, if you are reading, I have a set of rubi 44's that I will trade if you pay shipping
Lol, only if you buy it a sheet or a stick at a time. A local shop will cut me 8' or smaller pieces at similar prices as buying a stick. Most of the steel for the plow I had, about $120 if I had to buy it
I probably should have started a separate thread on the plow, but tonight i got almost all the pieces cut out, just need to drill a bunch of holes and start welding. I will probably get a little work on the doors done next week.