JKOwners Forum banner

Aeries fenders

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Vintage 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any first hand experience with these, any rock damage since they are aluminium, my last set was river raider they were nice but very pricy these are pretty cheap

#2 ·
I haven't seen their fenders, but wouldn't buy them....
We sell their stuff at work, had a customer buy front and rear bumpers. It took TEN HOURS. Front bumper wouldn'tfit, was way high on passenger side low on drive. We took it back to their warehouse and swapped for another. Same problem, high on passenger low on driver bit we were able to get it mounted.

Since then everyone of their bumpers I've seen are of the same way

#3 ·
I have their fenders, had no fitment issues installing them. But they don't have any extra reinforcement brackets like the poison spyder front fenders. I haven't put them to the test against rocks because in south texas there isn't any. For the price I spent about 350-400 less than the poison spyder set. One thing to note, I ordered mine bare so I could paint them to match my jeep, they showed up bare, but in polished aluminum finish. They looked fancy as ****!, they are pretty light, about 7-8 pounds per fender, fronts were slightly lighter than the rears. That's my first hand experience so far with them.

#4 ·
Had mine on there for a couple of years now. I have no problem with them. I got the textured finish with them and they still look new. However, I haven't bashed them on the rocks. I remember it took several weeks for delivery.

#5 ·
sorry for the resurrection..

I have them... also ordered them bare, and had them painted. Initially I was excited and impressed, but once mounted honestly a little disappointed. After seeing how the Poison Spyder and now the Evo fenders fit tighter to the body and also follow the slight curve on top...I wish I would have saved longer and bought one of those...I found a local distributor and was able to pick them up in a day...

Take that for what it's worth... $0.02

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
I have had them for a few years. They fit like crap and are one step away from tin foil. I had to get really creative with bedliner behind and underneath them to make them look decent and hide all the fitment gaps. The fit and finish and welds are lousy. The flat surfaces have waves in them and are not flat and even, and wherever 2 edges meet they are irregular looking.

I have put my weight (200lbs) on the front ones but I was extremely nervous and amazed they didn't collapse. I lightly dragged one on a tree and it dented, no surprise. They are not armor only for looks!

Can you tell I would definitely not buy them again?

#7 ·
I got these because of the price as well. I needed them because of an accident that took out my front flares, but if I had the time to save up I would have liked to go with something more permanent now that I've had experience with them. I knew for the price the fit was not going to be perfect so I'm really glad I took the time to lay weatherstripping along the mating interface with the fender before installing. That really filled in all the uneven gapping. I actually would not have decided to eventually change them if it weren't for finally going offroad on a beginner's trail run. It was completely uneventful except a few days later I realized I creased the tube on something. And for the life of me I can't remember when or how. I just know it happened at some point on the run because the day before I ran a caulk bead along the enter length of the flares between the tube and flat Al panel to fill in the ugly uneven gap and would have noticed. So I'm sure they used the thinnest tube wall and/or cheapest Al they could find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.