JKOwners Forum banner

AAM 11.5 14 Bolt into JKU

10K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tweak 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, doing a one ton swap, but ran into a small snag. Ended up sourcing the wrong 14 Bolt. We ended up getting a 11.5 14 bolt out of 01-03 2500 Diesel, hence the reason its the larger 11.5 ring gear. Has anyone swapped these into the JKU, we've already test fitted the artec swap kit, the top plate of the truss fits over the housing, but obviously not the plates in between. Axle tubs are also 3.5 as well, so the rest of the brackets fit on it as well. Just looking to see anyone here is running this rear axle on their JK's. We are gonna proceed slowly and temporarily tack in the brackets, switch to a regular yoke and ditch the balancer style yoke. We are hoping we can fit it and not run into gas tank fitment issues like the sterling. The 11.5 is a stout axle, and we will be running 5.13 gears in it.

If the bracketry works and we dont have clearance issues with the gas tank, we will run it. We are going an EVO Longarm, and Evo Spec King Coilovers as well. For the front we are running an 05-07 Superduty D60, already cleaned up and artec swap kit slapped on. We are gonna running any ABS in the back for now, just the front sensors since its an 07-11 JKU.

#5 ·
Gonna check up with my friends at his shop today, he had fitted the brackets from artec and was just making sure there was bolt clearances. I know one thing for sure im going to replace the is yoke on the pinion.

Hopefully all works out, because we got another jeep we want to swap this same axle into.

#7 · (Edited)
Why not find the correct 14 bolt? At most you are out $300.

I ran into similar issues, except it was with brakes/abs swap stuff. Turns out I got a very uncommon 14 bolt from a van that had a weird WMS, and since artec for whatever reason completely changed the way you put rotors on a drum axle by going to a over the hub (instead of behind the hub like every other disc swap on the planet) nothing lined up. Had to just fab it all myself instead.

Start off with the right axle and you will have less headaches.

Reactions: taylorfain2009
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.