My Edelbrock supercharger install thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Edelbrock supercharger install thread

Hey gang, I just thought I would share my experience installing the Edelbrock supercharger.

I went with this one because I am not a huge fan of centrifugal superchargers for low end torque and while I like the twin screw, I don't like the noise that can be heard in every single video and throughout the RPM range and apparently under any load. That and from what I have read, this kit is not made in USA or even Australia. Probably I am wrong so go fact check me on this one an report back. Compared to the Magnusson, the Edlebrock has a slight edge for a couple of reasons. They supposedly use the same rotor pack in the blower itself but the edlebrock allows you to use the OEM oil filter and mopar hood lock and has a black (more stealthy looking) intercooler.

Due to lack of time on the home front, I had to time slice this over a weekend and it is still down due to waiting on a defective part not from Edelbrock. It is not yet on the road with the blower on yet but here are some initial comments....

I think the reason that this kit can use the stock oil filter is not only because the air inlet housing has a dent designed into it but also because the blower is shifted half way over to the driver side. The Maggie is a direct down flow as far as I could tell in the available online pics. You can see this in the video as well with the intercooler housing installed. I am not sure if this will have an effect on performance.

I plan to leave the stock software tune in. I restored my Diablosport tune back to stock and unmarried the device so that I could use the tune in the supplied SCT X4 tuner. I will run the canned software for a while and then revert it back to stock and pop in a custom tune via the trinity and an online tuner that I am working with. A custom tune is probably worth an additional 20hp and general smoother running all around.

What sucks about the Edelbrock supplied SCT tuner (or maybe I have just figured it out yet?) is that you cannot set any parameters such as axle ratio or tire size let alone muck with the sway bar or TPMS. It is JUST THE TUNE and an ability to log. You will still need a ProCal either way.

Fast forward to this post for a list of the issues that I have had:
My Edelbrock supercharger install thread

YouTube channel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by White13JKUR; 11-24-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 05:22 AM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the thread. I'm looking to go the same direction and am interested to hear more.

One question - on tire size/gears/tpms, can't you use the Diablo trinity quick adjust features to set those? I have a Diablo as well and that feature is supposedly available without writing an actual tune. I would think you could use the sct to tune the jeep and the Diablo to adjust those parameters. It should be an option before it asks you to actually tune the jeep under performance.
post #3 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Granite Guru

subscribed.

question: what gear ratio are you running? will you want to change it after the install?

*edit*
ok i should just read your build thread. 5.13s and 6 speed manual ... that is my exact setup. very very curious now.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver ->
[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" RR Satin Black][Yukon 5.13s][Arctec Axle Armor][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][aFe 3" Hi-Tuck RB exhaust][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
Thanks for the thread. I'm looking to go the same direction and am interested to hear more.

One question - on tire size/gears/tpms, can't you use the Diablo trinity quick adjust features to set those? I have a Diablo as well and that feature is supposedly available without writing an actual tune. I would think you could use the sct to tune the jeep and the Diablo to adjust those parameters. It should be an option before it asks you to actually tune the jeep under performance.
Diablosport introduced a regression in their own code and broke the TPMS function. They busted it with the November 2014 code drop and left it busted with no DCX crom update until the end of June 2014. The last crom update did not fix the TPMS for me but did fix part of the problem in that trying to set the TPMS no longer wedges the system and forces you to call diablosport to walk you through a manual reversion process if you want to change the tune, restore your backup or unmarry the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
subscribed.

question: what gear ratio are you running? will you want to change it after the install?

*edit*
ok i should just read your build thread. 5.13s and 6 speed manual ... that is my exact setup. very very curious now.
yes and I have been please with the 5.13s and a manual on and off road.

YouTube channel

post #5 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
yes and I have been please with the 5.13s and a manual on and off road.
i thought your original post said you haven't driven it yet. i meant, how will 5.13s and a manual feel AFTER the supercharger is complete? also, if you have tools, garage, and mechanically inclined, how hard was the kit to install?

[JKUR - 6 Speed][3.5" MC ARB Lift][35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" RR Satin Black][Yukon 5.13s][Arctec Axle Armor][MC Front & Rear Bumpers][aFe 3" Hi-Tuck RB exhaust][sPOD][Warn Zeon 10s]

post #6 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
i thought your original post said you haven't driven it yet. i meant, how will 5.13s and a manual feel AFTER the supercharger is complete? also, if you have tools, garage, and mechanically inclined, how hard was the kit to install?
The blower is new. The regrear was done about 18 months ago.

I am an experienced ex mechanic with tools and found the install to be straight forward. Relatively few expletives were hurled during the install and no significant sand granules wedged in the urethra.

edit: I would get an inch pound torque wrench if you don't already have one. The blower parts are all torqued in single digits, which is probably at the lower end of the torque wrenches' range. I converted the spec (8 ftlbs) to inchlbs and used my smaller snap-on inch pound wrench.

the other thing I did was print out a separate copy of the instructions for use with soiled hands. that and I kept the ipad nearby in case I needed to expand one of the color pics in the PDF file.

YouTube channel

Last edited by White13JKUR; 09-01-2015 at 08:47 AM.
post #7 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Diablosport introduced a regression in their own code and broke the TPMS function. They busted it with the November 2014 code drop and left it busted with no DCX crom update until the end of June 2014. The last crom update did not fix the TPMS for me but did fix part of the problem in that trying to set the TPMS no longer wedges the system and forces you to call diablosport to walk you through a manual reversion process if you want to change the tune, restore your backup or unmarry the device.
I don't want to derail this into a Diablosport thread but wanted to ask - You're referring to 1r13d?
I bought my Diablosport in ~Sept 2014 and was able to disable TPMS(changing threshold didn't work though), change gears, tire size, etc and run a tune. Sounds like I made a mistake detuning it and upgrading the tuner. Have a call into Diablosport to fix an issue now where I actually can't get to the quick adjust menu to reset gears/tire size/tpms. Sounds like even if they get me the quick adjust menu back, tpms will be broken... hrmmm. Might be time to just sell it.
post #8 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
I don't want to derail this into a Diablosport thread but wanted to ask - You're referring to 1r13d?
I bought my Diablosport in ~Sept 2014 and was able to disable TPMS(changing threshold didn't work though), change gears, tire size, etc and run a tune. Sounds like I made a mistake detuning it and upgrading the tuner. Have a call into Diablosport to fix an issue now where I actually can't get to the quick adjust menu to reset gears/tire size/tpms. Sounds like even if they get me the quick adjust menu back, tpms will be broken... hrmmm. Might be time to just sell it.
Yes, the TPMS thresholds. They worked fine prior to me updating the tool in late 2014. They also said that fixing it was not a priority.

The tuner guy that I work with uses the trinity for his tunes. I don't know that any of the online CMR or HPTuner guys work with tools other than the trinity. The guy I am working with (diablotoona - aka Johan) is supposedly ex-diablsoport and says he's the guy that wrote the "crawler" tunes (maybe all of the jeep tunes?) in the trinity.

YouTube channel

post #9 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 09:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I can not wait to see an actual Dyno on this in both 4wd and 2wd

Info:

|
post #10 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Rock God

I've beat the clutch pretty hard in my RIPPed '13 Still holding up just fine. I just try to not let it get real hot. The clutch is either in or out. I don't dally in between much.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #11 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
I've beat the clutch pretty hard in my RIPPed '13 Still holding up just fine. I just try to not let it get real hot. The clutch is either in or out. I don't dally in between much.
that is good to know. good approach. still, the pressure plate is only designed to hold so much pressure and as the clutch wears, that will decrease.

YouTube channel

post #12 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint but you may be waiting a long while. Not sure I will dyno this. I was thinking to do NA and FI runs but don't want to spend the time or money.

What I will do is verify that it is running properly by monitoring and logging OBDII outputs with the trinity.

That and I plan to verify the boost output. Supposedly there is a way to do this with the Trinity as well where it reads the MAP sensor (which is now a 2 BAR), truncates half of the range to only read boost (~2.5v-5.0v).

after that, the other thing to do with a blower is to make sure your belt is not slipping.

The other challenge is finding a dyno that can fit my rig. Sounds like I am already too wide with stock axles and my wheels/tires for most of the local shops that I called.

I would consider getting in on a dyno day where a bunch of folks go in and get a lower group rate.

and heads up..... I fully expect to blow the clutch out sooner rather than later.
I'd definitely try and get it dyno'ed if I was you after seeing this .
This is a first run and hasn't been tuned but the numbers seem low.
I would want to know what hp/tq I'm getting for all that time and money

midnightmudder likes this.
post #13 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus-jeep View Post
I'd definitely try and get it dyno'ed if I was you after seeing this .
This is a first run and hasn't been tuned but the numbers seem low.
I would want to know what hp/tq I'm getting for all that time and money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dQPboDIjqc
I would bet that the canned edelbrock tune is final unless there is a bug found in it. I would not expect edelbrock to send a new tune if the jeep dos not dyno to expectations.

edelbrock openly told me prior to purchase that their tune is not developed to its full potential and that there is room for another tuner to come in and extract more HP. I would expect about 20-25hp by going to a custom tune on a FI motor. I already have wideband o2 setup and am working with diablotoona on a new tune.

with the SCT-X4/Edelbrock tune still in there, I can use the trinity to log the data and also take a backup of the edelbrock tune and send it to diablotoona. He will then send me a new tune and when I receive it, I will unmary the trinity, unmarry the SCT and then go back to the trinity.

I could have started without using the SCT at all and going straight to a custom tune from him. it would just take more back and forth (load tune, do data log, change tune, new data log, etc....). That and I also want to run around with the canned edelbrock tune for a while in case I need to pick up the phone and call them with an issue with the kit.

I would have loved to skip the SCT tuner all together but it is the price premium one must pay in cali to get the EO sticker.

there are two different dyno charts out there from edelbrock. one says 303RWHP/262ft-lbs and the other says 317RWHP/277 ft-lbs. I thought one of the vendors actually had both posted with the lower numbers associated with an auto trans and the higher number with a manual trans.

with my previous supercharger install, the thing to worry about when trying to get full boost had more to do with preventing the belt from slipping at the top of the range.

YouTube channel

post #14 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Yes, the TPMS thresholds. They worked fine prior to me updating the tool in late 2014. They also said that fixing it was not a priority.

The tuner guy that I work with uses the trinity for his tunes. I don't know that any of the online CMR or HPTuner guys work with tools other than the trinity. The guy I am working with (diablotoona - aka Johan) is supposedly ex-diablsoport and says he's the guy that wrote the "crawler" tunes (maybe all of the jeep tunes?) in the trinity.
Well just got off the phone with Diablosport technical support and they told me they replicated my issue but it would be 2+weeks before the fixed it. I was advised to have the dealership program my jeep gears and tire size and sell my tuner. What a great bunch of guys. Are you running 1r13d? If not, do not upgrade to it.

To get back on the track of this thread - I am really interested to see how the Edelbrock turns out after you've got some seat time with it. It looks like the best supercharger out there for what I want - low power band and stock oil filter are big to me.

Last edited by BigPrince; 09-01-2015 at 03:07 PM.
post #15 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

yeah, I have - well had- the latest crom loaded. now I am on the SCT tune with the trinity totally backed out.

I am convinced that you need one device for the tune and an aev procal for the other options. they are in a different part of the ECU anyway.

Eventually, I will just backout the sct and the canned edelbrock tune and use just the trinity for the tune and data logging and then buy another procal. friggen sorry I sold he first one. the price has really gone up.

YouTube channel

post #16 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Granite Guru

what about superchips flashpaq

post #17 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Wheeler

I installed the Edelbrock about 6 weeks ago and for the most part it has been okay. I had a several missing parts and had to wait a few days to get them. Where I ran into an issue was using the ProCal after flashing with the SCT. I updated my tire size about a week after the install and it caused my traction light to come on. Even when I restore everything back to stock the light is still on. Waiting on a new computer to fix the issue. Tech support couldn't get the light to turn off. I also had an o2 sensor code (forgot the actual P code), but tech support was able to adjust the tune and it's been running 4 weeks on the new tune with no engine lights other than the traction light.

Jeep is also running hot even with a new Mishimoto radiator. Thinking it's the water pump that's going bad because it's squeaking again. So going to change that and do a vacuum fill on the cooling system and hopefully that fixes it.

Overall I'm not that excited about the supercharger and would've rather spent the money on something else. Power wise it feels quicker from a dead stop, but not noticeable enough to say it was money well spent. If it matters I'm running 4.88 gears, 37s, and automatic. Oh and don't get me started on how the automatic likes to hang on to gears too long now. Hopefully you don't run into any of the issues I have.
post #18 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjosh View Post
I installed the Edelbrock about 6 weeks ago and for the most part it has been okay. I had a several missing parts and had to wait a few days to get them. Where I ran into an issue was using the ProCal after flashing with the SCT. I updated my tire size about a week after the install and it caused my traction light to come on. Even when I restore everything back to stock the light is still on. Waiting on a new computer to fix the issue. Tech support couldn't get the light to turn off. I also had an o2 sensor code (forgot the actual P code), but tech support was able to adjust the tune and it's been running 4 weeks on the new tune with no engine lights other than the traction light.

Jeep is also running hot even with a new Mishimoto radiator. Thinking it's the water pump that's going bad because it's squeaking again. So going to change that and do a vacuum fill on the cooling system and hopefully that fixes it.

Overall I'm not that excited about the supercharger and would've rather spent the money on something else. Power wise it feels quicker from a dead stop, but not noticeable enough to say it was money well spent. If it matters I'm running 4.88 gears, 37s, and automatic. Oh and don't get me started on how the automatic likes to hang on to gears too long now. Hopefully you don't run into any of the issues I have.
I wasn't WOW'd by my Magnuson until I made 8 psi, then a custom tune that picked up 32 HP and 40 TQ, after that I installed a 9 PSI pulley and am very happy with the power. But your initial reaction is not lost on me, I know what you mean.
post #19 of 280 Old 09-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Punisher View Post
I wasn't WOW'd by my Magnuson until I made 8 psi, then a custom tune that picked up 32 HP and 40 TQ, after that I installed a 9 PSI pulley and am very happy with the power. But your initial reaction is not lost on me, I know what you mean.
Once I get the heat issued worked out I'll be looking into getting a custom tune. Your post gives me some hope that I'm on the right track.

2013 JKU Sport "True Blue"
Mods: Edelbrock Supercharger, Clayton 3.5" Lift, Toyo Open Country RT 37's
post #20 of 280 Old 09-02-2015, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I've done FI before so feel that I know what to expect. It is susceptible to the effects of heat soak and being in vegas, I can see heat being an issue. I got used to the power at first too on my other car and did go for the upgraded pulley from 6psi to 8psi on that one as well but it was an OBDI car and didn't have as good of a tune.

My jeep is a manual transmission with 5.13 gears and ran well as NA with a custom tune from Diablotoona/Johan. I would say that is responsive and peppy now and expect the blower to build on that once a tune is thrown on it.

Are you necessarily implying that the heat issue is from the SC? May I suggest that the system could also be plugged internally or externally? My radiator was caked with mud on the condenser side (hidden). I cleaned off the radiator while it was out the other day and the amount of mud that I flushed out of the fins was simply amazing. most of it washed down the drain in the yard but there is still a bunch of mud caked everywhere where I washed it off. There was a layer of mud on the bottom of the radiator overflow as well. not sure how it all worked up there but it did.

The other potential heat issue that I would float out there is a possible mix of OAT with HOAT coolant where it is causing coagulation and build up inside the system.

with the edelbrock, I don't see myself changing the pulley. it already looks to be a tight fit. I will film it a little more again later. there is also a do not remove sticker on it. LOL. WHen I asked on the phone, edelbrock said that there are no pulley upgrades.

As already mentioned, I do plan on a custom tune after funning for a brief period on the canned tune.

If it still does not run right for me, I might play with running a water injection system using a non-flammable 50/50 water/meth mix. I wanted to do that on my last FI car but never got around to it. Not yet sure I will go there since this is a jeep. It might be a good idea in vegas to do it. it will bring your combustion temps down and if you get a tune that has been adjusted for water /meth injection, I think you can get about another 20hp from both of the items combined. I read a lot about it and had some plans mocked up for a DIY kit. There are several good water injection kits out there. I think Punisher has one and aquamist is another well known kit. The Buick GN guys do a lot of water/meth injection and there are several cheap/DIY injection plans out on their bulletin boards.

edit:
I don't know if it is just my imagination and I have never taken the time to prove it but it seems that the typical single digit PSI blower will make about 80-100HP on a car regardless of engine size or style. In other words, in a small car like a Miata you might nearly double the HP whereas on V8 car, it is more of an incremental upgrade. Looking at some of the other blower its for the V8 cars, they seem to be netting the about the same HP gains at the wheels as we do with the smaller motors.

YouTube channel

Last edited by White13JKUR; 09-02-2015 at 01:51 AM.
post #21 of 280 Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Are you necessarily implying that the heat issue is from the SC? May I suggest that the system could also be plugged internally or externally? My radiator was caked with mud on the condenser side (hidden). I cleaned off the radiator while it was out the other day and the amount of mud that I flushed out of the fins was simply amazing. most of it washed down the drain in the yard but there is still a bunch of mud caked everywhere where I washed it off. There was a layer of mud on the bottom of the radiator overflow as well. not sure how it all worked up there but it did.

The other potential heat issue that I would float out there is a possible mix of OAT with HOAT coolant where it is causing coagulation and build up inside the system.
No, I'm not implying it is the SC that is causing the heat issue. I think it is the water pump (it's squeaking again) and possibly air in the system. I've filled and burped it a few times especially when changing the radiator. The factory radiator along with the ac condensor and trans cooler were clean when I upgraded to the mishimoto. It just gets really hot climbing hills. And by really hot I mean it will trigger the temp light.

As for coolant, it came with OAT from the factory and was refilled with OAT when the dealer changed the water pump at 4k (I checked) and I refilled with OAT when I changed out the radiator.

I'll change out the water pump next week and vacuum fill the cooling system and hopefully that combo will fix my issue and because Jeep states to vacuum fill the system I am leaving that as a possibility for the heat issue. I do not think it is because of the Las Vegas heat because prior to the SC in triple digit temps, the temp gauge never went past the halfway mark even when climbing hills. And I've actually been in Carson City for the past few months and the outside temps are 20-30 degrees cooler and it still gets really hot on hill climbs.

2013 JKU Sport "True Blue"
Mods: Edelbrock Supercharger, Clayton 3.5" Lift, Toyo Open Country RT 37's
post #22 of 280 Old 09-03-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

New discovery...

With the alternator moved aside, the Airaid intake will not clear. The silicon inlet hose hits the alternator and the plastic crossover tube will not fit on.

Now I have to go climb into the attic and dig out the original air box. At least the supercharger came with a higher flow filter.

I also underestimated the coolant requirement. I picked up a one gallon of OAT (non-premix) and made 2 gallons of 50/50. That was just enough to fill the system back up after replacing the radiator with a mishimoto and refilling the overflow. I measured what I drained out and it was about a gallon and a half so the new radiator seems to hold about 1-2qts more - leaving some margin of error for spillage.

Now I have to go to the local stealer to get another gallon to have some extra in case the system burps and also to run in the intercooler.

Sadly, with no coolant this evening and no intake until I dig it out of the attic tomorrow, I won't get to fire it until tomorrow.

I was also disappointed to learn that the mopar hood lock does NOT fit with the intercooler in place. the intercooler sticks out too far and prevents the lock from sitting flush to the radiator support. even if it did fir, it looks like the top of the intercooler would still rub it anyway because of how tightly it fits in there.

YouTube channel

Last edited by White13JKUR; 09-03-2015 at 12:58 AM.
post #23 of 280 Old 09-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
edelbrock openly told me prior to purchase that their tune is not developed to its full potential and that there is room for another tuner to come in and extract more HP. I would expect about 20-25hp by going to a custom tune on a FI motor. I already have wideband o2 setup and am working with diablotoona on a new tune.

there are two different dyno charts out there from edelbrock. one says 303RWHP/262ft-lbs and the other says 317RWHP/277 ft-lbs. I thought one of the vendors actually had both posted with the lower numbers associated with an auto trans and the higher number with a manual trans.
The supplied calibration is pretty much maximized for 91 octane which is the highest available in most areas West of the Mississippi, so if you are running 91 octane don't expect to pick up 20HP.

The lower numbers were done with an Automatic, and the higher are with a Manual.

Quote:
I am convinced that you need one device for the tune and an aev procal for the other options. they are in a different part of the ECU anyway.
SCT says they are working on a Firmware that will allow adjusting wheel/tire size etc... when you install the E-Force calibration.

Quote:
what about superchips flashpaq
If you have had a Superchips programmer on your JK you will have to replace the ECU in order for the SCT programmer to work on it due to the Flashpaq not restoring the bootloader back to stock when the backup is restored. Bully Dog programmers have the same issue, but at least if you have a GT Platinum it will accept a custom tune.
post #24 of 280 Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
New discovery...

With the alternator moved aside, the Airaid intake will not clear. The silicon inlet hose hits the alternator and the plastic crossover tube will not fit on.

Now I have to go climb into the attic and dig out the original air box. At least the supercharger came with a higher flow filter.

I also underestimated the coolant requirement. I picked up a one gallon of OAT (non-premix) and made 2 gallons of 50/50. That was just enough to fill the system back up after replacing the radiator with a mishimoto and refilling the overflow. I measured what I drained out and it was about a gallon and a half so the new radiator seems to hold about 1-2qts more - leaving some margin of error for spillage.

Now I have to go to the local stealer to get another gallon to have some extra in case the system burps and also to run in the intercooler.

Sadly, with no coolant this evening and no intake until I dig it out of the attic tomorrow, I won't get to fire it until tomorrow.

I was also disappointed to learn that the mopar hood lock does NOT fit with the intercooler in place. the intercooler sticks out too far and prevents the lock from sitting flush to the radiator support. even if it did fir, it looks like the top of the intercooler would still rub it anyway because of how tightly it fits in there.
I had this same issue with mine, I was able to force mine to work though. I ended up getting the Scott Drake locking hood pins for mine.
post #25 of 280 Old 09-03-2015, 12:35 PM
TOTL Innovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
The supplied calibration is pretty much maximized for 91 octane which is the highest available in most areas West of the Mississippi, so if you are running 91 octane don't expect to pick up 20HP.
All the big companies dial the tune back a bit to be safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode