-1 rock target, or "I moved the stupid evap canister" - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-04-2007, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

-1 rock target, or "I moved the stupid evap canister"

While getting irritated while welding in my new exhaust I decide the rock magnet of an evaporative canister needed to be relocated. It fits perfectly above the axle with like 9-10 inches of clearance if you remove the bracket and run a flat plate from the 2 frame crossmembers.

I used an existing hole in the first cross member and ran the plate on top of the 2nd

The plate has tabs to prevent it from rotating and there is no way in hell that the 1/2 bolt will ever shear. Right now the zipties keep it from shifting, when I get around to it I will use a large hose style clamp. The lines WILL allow you to put it there and if you do need to replace the lines with FUEL SAFE hose from like a marine/boat place.

why skid plate when you can get it out of your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Rock God

Thumbs up

I'm printing your writeup and defnitely looking to do this,,,(yes, why Skid when you can move something) Now, go to work & move that D#m Gas Tank.

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #3 of 3 Old 10-05-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam6869usmc View Post
I'm printing your writeup and defnitely looking to do this,,,(yes, why Skid when you can move something) Now, go to work & move that D#m Gas Tank.
the gas tank is in a great spot for beng out of the way of stuff. Its skid is lacking a little.

oh and with this mod you will need 5/8" fuel safe hose, stainless clamps and fittings (2 90* ones) from a good autoparts place or a boat place. It makes the install MUCH easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode