JKOwners Forum banner

Listen up troops.....PICS...

33K views 160 replies 58 participants last post by  Uncle Sams Misguided Child 
#1 ·
Don't tell me you got no pics from back then.Or now iffin ya'll are still in.This one is a pic of me at the end of my first tour,1970.I'm lookin' at orders sending my then young ass back to th' world...early.Scored me a xmas drop. :eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This is from my first trip to Iraq in 2006. We should have gotten a better picture of the 12k lbs of bombs I was towing when I got stuck.

Attachments

#12 ·
Great pic Gunny.The only way I could fit into a uniform again would be if Omar th' tent maker built me one. :bawling:

#6 ·
I will have to wait until I am home to find the photos of when I was in the Air Force, but I have dug up a few from my time here in Afghanistan.

This was from IDF at Salerno in 2008

Just a picture during some training, again at Salerno

I got to help dismantle a CH 47 that had crashed in the mountains. We had to cut it up to ship it back to the US in Connex boxes.

One of the lizards that roamed around Salerno...

This was Fire Truck vs. IED...you should see the other guy!!

A crash truck from Bagram Air Base

And since I was Air Force I love this, the story is that the crew FORGOT the landing gear on landing...

#21 ·
I will have to wait until I am home to find the photos of when I was in the Air Force, but I have dug up a few from my time here in Afghanistan.

And since I was Air Force I love this, the story is that the crew FORGOT the landing gear on landing...
**** that is a C-17, :nono-1:

I don't have many of me but being a bit of a photographer I took literally thousands during my travels. Here are a few notable ones.

Sunset from the round-down of the USS Abraham Lincoln while visiting Pearl Harbor in 2004
We came into Pearl Harbor December 7th 2002, a saturday though, on a LHA. It was eerily quite passing the Arizona and the Mighty Mo that day.

#8 ·
Top pic 2006-2007
2nd Jack Daniels Distilery
FOB Organie Afghanistan
Salerno Afghanistan
Some small ass airport in Alaska transfering UH-60 from Ft Wainwright AK to Sacramento CA

sent from Skynet

Attachments

#9 ·
Awesome pics bros...keep em coming.BTW,that is one helluva jug of whiskey in that suv,guess th' class 6 musta ran a special :gluging:

#19 ·
We were down at Red Stone for training and went to visit the Jack Daniels Distillery one day. When we got back to hotel one of the guys dropped a bottle of JD. Next day he called and told them what happened so they said bring reciept and we will replace it free, we allso all were invited to become Tennessee Squires. After we took care of that we went into Lynchburg and I saw that they sell empty barrels which I bought one and had it flown back in the back of the aircraft that we had there.

sent from Skynet

#10 ·
This is me sitting on my fat ass in my office.Summer 71,Quang Tri combat base.Just lifting off on my way to work out at Khe Sahn.Some of you Marines might have heard of that place...:smokin:

Attachments

#14 ·
Nothing like the shit some of you guys were in (I was just a Air Force Security guy. Nothing hard core).

The first pic is me and my little friend patrolling the perimeter of the airbase in Jeddah, Saudia Arabia during Desert Storm, the second is patrolling the streets, following the buses from the compounds to the base. Some Yemenese ******** had shot up one of the buses running our guys back and forth, so the Saudis gave us civilian cars to patrol with.

#16 ·
You put your ass on the line everytime you went out,don't you forget it.You were ready to rock and roll bro,thanx for doing it for us. ;)

#17 ·
Yer in like Flynn man...you served or are still serving.Personally,I don't like the water when it comes to boats,that's why I didn't join the naby :faint: Funny thing now........my wife wants us to get a boat:bawling:

#18 ·
I don't have many of me but being a bit of a photographer I took literally thousands during my travels. Here are a few notable ones.

Sunset from the round-down of the USS Abraham Lincoln while visiting Pearl Harbor in 2004

Sunrise in the Persian Gulf

Super Hornet juuuuust about to break the sound barrier

F/A-18 coming in for a landing late one night :)

Here I am during my second Mediterranean deployment (USS Enterprise, around 1996)

#34 ·
This pic is of the Ba Long river.QL9 runs across it on the way out to Khe Sahn,Lang Vai,and then into Laos.Just to the north of this pic,and on the east side(right) of the river is LZ Vandergrif,used during Op Lom San 719 early 71.Go north a few clicks then hang a left to also follow the river and QL9.The area in the pic is what we called the 'golf course'.In that area I have seen 'rock apes' and one big ******* tiger.

Attachments

#35 ·
Got another one. Guess I'll show y'all what I actually do. I work with all branches. Here I am during a hot refuel of a Navy MH-60S.

Attachments

#48 ·
In 71 we had the 58-A models,and we were swatted out of the air routinely.heavy,slow,unmaneuverable at treetop level,(extreme low speed) and the hydraulics,and the short shaft were constantly red x'ing the damn things.Around August of 71 we started exchanging them for the great OH-6A's.We still got shot down,but not near as often.They were a godsend for us.The 58 A models were powered by the Allison T-63 A5A,same as our loaches but I thing it was rated a bit higher? CRS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.