SUWA Twists? Moab Brewery's Words For Radio Advertisement - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

SUWA Twists? Moab Brewery's Words For Radio Advertisement

There is a new commercial about Utah Wild Lands from SUWA. Dave Sabey is the spokesperson on the commercial. He states that OHV use is a huge threat and that that is not the most important thing in Moab!!
He is the owner of MOAB BREWERY I suggest anyone who is interested in the use of off-roading should NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS BUSSINESS!!!
Please pass this along to everyone headed to MOAB!

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW. SUWA WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE ALL BACK COUNTRY TO MOTORIZED USE!

2007 Sahara 2 dr. 4" TeraFlex 35" Toyos ARB lockers front and rear. Rock racer bumper with 8000# winch, OR-FAB Tire and gas rack. 4:88 gears, custom drive shafts. Bonedigger sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Rock God

Thanks, we were not impressed with the food or the service there anyway so its definitely off our list.
post #3 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Rock God

then he better take dans jeep off the wall and stop playing wheeling videos all day long

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #4 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Garage

Wait a minute.. doesn't the Brewery have a Jeep inside?

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #5 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Rock God

Yes it does~! This will hurt his business
post #6 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Fuck that fucking fucker..

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #7 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Slow and Low

Their beer is weak anyway.
post #8 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Garage

This needs to be verified... I'm confused.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #9 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 06:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Same thing with McStiff's. They signed an anti- motorized SUWA petition a few years ago, then turned around and said they didn't know what SUWA was up to. Total horse shit. Haven't been back there since. OP, thanks for posting, I'll pass this on to our club and CO4x4.
post #10 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Garage

I cannot find the commercial.. has anyone actually seen it?

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Garage

Lets lower the pitchforks until the story can be corroborated. Let the facts to be presented before anyone calls to hurt someone's business via boycott.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #12 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Granite Guru

The beer there is not week, just to keep things in order!
post #13 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I cannot find the commercial.. has anyone actually seen it?
This is a radio ad running on KSL in Salt Lake City.

2007 Sahara 2 dr. 4" TeraFlex 35" Toyos ARB lockers front and rear. Rock racer bumper with 8000# winch, OR-FAB Tire and gas rack. 4:88 gears, custom drive shafts. Bonedigger sliders.
post #14 of 28 Old 08-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFIR4X4_AZ View Post
The beer there is not week, just to keep things in order!
Yes. It's weak. They are only allowed to serve weak brew on tap in Utah. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you must have been fake-drunk.
http://utahbeer.blogspot.com/2009/05...quor-laws.html

Last edited by Co4Lo; 08-19-2011 at 10:19 PM.
post #15 of 28 Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If true, that sucks about Moab Brewery, I thought they were pro-access. But you have to be careful, because in 2007 the libtards put several business on the list that did not agree with anti-access (like the Moab Chevron, the deli, and a couple hotels) and they had to fight to have their names removed from that list.

Definitely stay away from Eddie McStiffs and Miguel's Baja Grill. They are outspoken anti-access businesses. As are almost any place in Moab that rents bikes or sells candles.

Ill wait to see how this pans out before I form an opinion.
post #16 of 28 Old 08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Garage

I called the Brewery to try and confirm this and talked to the manager on duty, she referred me to talk to the General Manager, Michael Miller, who is also part owner. He won't be in until Tuesday.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #17 of 28 Old 08-20-2011, 08:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Has anyone actually heard this ad?

Turns out one of the KSL reporters, John Daley, is married to Heidi MacIntosh, SUWA's lead attorney.
post #18 of 28 Old 08-20-2011, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dan Mick is going to see if they can get the sound bite. He does a radio show everyday in Moab.

post #19 of 28 Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Rock God

I'll just keep my hard earned dollars in Colorado.

Those that the beast is looking for...
Listen in awe and you will hear him...
BARK AT THE MOON!
post #20 of 28 Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM

the Moab Brewery is not anti-OHV!

Today at lunch, my wife and I went into the Moab Brewery to get to the bottom of what's going on. We spoke with Michael Miller, the general manager, and a friend of ours. He was aware of the radio ad, and had already been speaking extensively with his partner in Park City, Dave Sabey, who is the voice of the commercial. He states that his words were misinterpreted, and the way SUWA hacked together a message completely destroyed his original intent behind what he said. Dave had the radio ad pulled today, because of its skewed contents.

Here is the e-mail message he sent to Michael and his other partner John:

"Hi David and Misty, thanks so much for your concern and helping up combat this. Here is the response that my partner typed up. Please let your friends know, we do appreciate them and hope they understand the circumstances.

(From Dave Sabey) ‘Michael and John- I am surprised at the reaction generated by the above referenced ad. I thought it was very clear that I was referring to Wilderness Areas and the impact of off road vehicles in those areas. Our discussion from which the sound bite was taken centered on ATVs and their impact when they are illegally ridden in and on existing wilderness areas. Of course SUWA left out the specific mention of those instances I was referring to such as illegally riding the ATVs in pristine stream beds and untracked areas. They also left out much of the discussion that centered around my concerns that SUWA is too “in your face” and needs to try harder to work with all the interested parties and advance a more balanced objective concerning off-roading. Hell Michael, I’ll be the first to stand up and champion people’s rights to use the public lands as long as it is done in a responsible manner, which I don’t think includes off-roading in Wilderness Areas. In fact, we are currently shopping for an off-road capable camper van to explore all the great off-road areas around Moab and the entire western US.’

Michael Miller”

Neither the Moab Brewery, or its owners are anti-OHV. This is another case of SUWA manipulating the words of other people in order to promote their own skewed agenda. We all know that SUWA lies, cheats, and steals in order to try to win followers to support their misguided goals.

Thank you to those of you who didn't overreact until hearing both sides of the story. Please pass this on, so that others will know the truth.

David Adams
Red Rock 4-Wheelers Land Use Officer
post #21 of 28 Old 08-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

I will boycott them just because they have a working relationship with SUWA. Misquoted or not.
post #22 of 28 Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Thanks for posting. Saw that response over on CO4x4 and was goind to copy it over here.

A couple issues:

- Given SUWA's past lies & manipulations, didn't Dave Sabey know what kind of people he was dealing with?

- Is he pursuing them and/or KSL for a retraction or to correct the record?

This issue SHOULD NOT be dropped. If Sabey's being truthful it's just one more example of SUWA's underhanded tactics. Someone besides USA-ALL needs to get and STAY in SUWA's face. You SLC Jeepers, etc. need to picket their offices every day. KSL, too.
post #23 of 28 Old 08-23-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sorry for my delayed responce. I want to thank everyone for responding to my rant about this ad. The responce that came from it shows we are willing to fight for what we believe in. Whether the answer from The Brewery was a CYA tactic or not is yet to be seen. The best news is the ad got pulled, SUWA looks lie the d-bags they truley are, and companies may think a little harded about their actions.

Thanks again for all those that got to the bottom of this!!!!

Mods, could you channge the Thread title maybe: SUWA SUCKS AGAIN!!! or something more appropriate so The Moab Brewery is not impacted.

post #24 of 28 Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt scotty View Post
Sorry for my delayed responce. I want to thank everyone for responding to my rant about this ad. The responce that came from it shows we are willing to fight for what we believe in. Whether the answer from The Brewery was a CYA tactic or not is yet to be seen. The best news is the ad got pulled, SUWA looks lie the d-bags they truley are, and companies may think a little harded about their actions.

Mods, could you channge the Thread title maybe: SUWA SUCKS AGAIN!!! or something more appropriate so The Moab Brewery is not impacted.
10-4

Looks to me like Dave Sabey trusted the SUWA and got bit in the ass for it. Hard way to learn a pretty rudimentary lesson IMO.

Worst case scenario is he was outted as a SUWA supporter.. either way.. dumb move.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #25 of 28 Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt scotty View Post

Scotty, could you post this over on Colorado 4x4, too? I don't want to just quote your response. Thanks again for letting us know about this, every little bit helps when we're dealing with SUWA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode