JKOwners Forum banner

Wheeling in Arkansas

12K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  OzarkHand 
#1 ·
Anyone know any spots in Arkansas to go?

#3 ·
Arkansas supposedly has an abundance of old fire roads throughout the Ozarks. I went to Superlift last year and the group down there told me quite a bit about it. I'd love to drive through the mountains on nothing but the offbeaten path. Check out the MidSouth Jeep Club. They can probably provide you in the right direction if you're interested in something like that. Superlift is awesome down there, too. Don't miss it!

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah, get with me and/or check out the Arkansas Crawlers. http://arkansascrawlers.com/

I don't know all the backyard public-land trails - only a few of 'em, but I know the people who do. Probably faster though just to ask people on the forums over there.

Can certainly show ya around Superlift ORV park in Hot Springs. That's where I do most of my wheelin', and always happy to meet people there and go wheel with 'em.

Our club, the Arkansas Crawlers, actually have a New Guys event coming up March 5th there at the ORV park with full guided runs for various levels of difficulty. I'm one of the regular guides for the park and our club.

But to list a few other big places...

Of course... Superlift ORV.
Cass, Arkansas
Byrd's Adventure center
Wheelin' World by Eureka Springs (Newest orv park)
There's a nice highline/powerline trail west south-west of little rock
By the Saline River off I-30 there's a place people play in the dirt/mud
Around Gravel Ridge there's a trail, though I've never gone and done it.
Magazine Mtn
Rock Creek (Booneville)
Ya, there's a ton of trails to explore. I don't know very many though.

Other big destinations nearby Arkansas
Disney OK - awesome wheelin' destination at Hogan's offroad.
Clayton OK - some hardcore stuff
SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch
Katemcy rocks in Texas

There's a lot more, but getting tired of trying to think of 'em all. Where in Arkansas are ya at?

Edit: Ah, Searcy. So not too far from me.

#6 ·
Fayettenam here...

Although a lot of whiterock has been closed to wheelin' - there are still a lot of good runs that are certainly not hard to find. They are actually county roads, technically, and show up on google maps. Call Byrd's adventure center and they might be able to help you out. There is a big run in May at Byrds, kinda pricey, but lots of folks will be there. I'm always at Rocktoberfest on Halloween weekend. Can't beat it.

Mill Creek sits between Fayetteville and St. Paul on HWY 16 just east of Elkins, not bad, but limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.