save a trail - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

save a trail

if everyone could take 1 minute and please respond to the petition i have posted below.

here is the reasons from the kentucky krawler website

Supposedly to "improve the watershed"
from the kentucky crawlers site:

* Sandlick Hollow is where the remainder of the wheeling on public land is open as listed in the Motor Vehicle Use Map as fire road 212, 212A, and 2043 (Need to double check the #'s)

* "improving" a watershed usually means closing it to only foot travel after they perform an environmental assessment, propose an action, open a comment period, then take the action. (This is what they did to close the Arch Trail without any public comments!)

* It is a pretty slick way of going through the backdoor of the USFS process to close an area without representing the publics interest and I know it.

I knew all this was going on but was under the impression that the project lacked funding because I spoke with Ranger Jeff Lewis multiple times on this topic. Needless to say, they did get funding and moved on with the project without updating the "proposed actions" PDF I linked above... I am furious

please repost this in your local club websites, facebook, and have your family and friends fill it out please. also please make positive comments as to why they system should stay open for our use. thanks again

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sandlick/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

posted it on 4x4trailtalk

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 05:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

burn spammer!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks for the repost, apparently we've had a big impact on the petition no spamming here, just a lurker
post #5 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

done. thanks for the copy post Erick, I missed it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkruby View Post
thanks for the repost, apparently we've had a big impact on the petition no spamming here, just a lurker
not you, the spammer probably got deleted lol

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-15-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
done. thanks for the copy post Erick, I missed it here.
not you, the spammer probably got deleted lol
ahh ok, i didn't want anyone to think i was and not respond to the post!

thanks for the help
post #7 of 8 Old 04-23-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The clean up date posted on trail keepers and forwarded from the trail keepers website was originally wrong. The correct date is the 14th
post #8 of 8 Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

done!

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode