Article, Land use, Rumbling Thunder - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2010, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Article, Land use, Rumbling Thunder

RUMBLING OF THUNDER

A Whole New Sound in the Off-road World

By Del and Stacie Albright, BlueRibbon Coalition

The over-paid, seldom-right weather man spoke with such animation and excitement that you couldn’t help but get taken in by his rambling analysis of the on-coming weather pattern (from outer space). But he had me from hello when he mentioned the "rumbling of thunder” and how we would be hearing it for some time to come. I realized at that moment he had just described the new sound I’ve been hearing in the off-road skies – thunder!

Thunder is the sound made by lightning, ranging from a sharp loud crack, to a long, low rumble. I don’t think there is any one reason for this “storm,” but rather a culmination of people getting fed up with unnecessary closures and restrictions. Can you see the lightning and hear the thunder?

Read and download the article here: http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/...g_thunder.html

##

Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great read! Hope you don't mind but I posted the same up on my hometown jeep club website, just as you posted here.

It's a great idea to get more of us involved in these types of organizations before the treehuggers take it all away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Wheeler

I certainly agree Del. Time to get with it.

Forgive the thread jack, but I am having trouble nailing down the next meeting of the board for the release of the Pismo Dune air pollution study.

Thought it might be released this Wednesday the 27, but am also hearing the begining of February. Something about another formal scientific peer review...

Want to try to stay on this, it is my backyard, ya know, . . . . . feelin' the thunder!

Anybody hear otherwise or have more enlightening info?

Todd

Jeep tube doors!

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." (George S. Patton)
post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ya-all feel free to pass this article around (or any of my stuff), and post it up on OHV friendly websites and such.
I'd like to get a link whenever I can, just for my records, but no big deal.

Thanks for the support,
Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepndel View Post
ya-all feel free to pass this article around (or any of my stuff), and post it up on OHV friendly websites and such.
I'd like to get a link whenever I can, just for my records, but no big deal.

Thanks for the support,
Del
Here ya go Del

http://www.jasondev.org/matanzasjeep....php?f=5&t=141

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode