Updated Feedback on JRI Shocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 04-12-2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Updated Feedback on JRI Shocks

Thought I would give everyone an update on how the JRI shocks have been holding up. I've had them on for close to a year now, and couldn't be happier with them. My ride is so much smoother on the trail and on the road. Being able to adjust them based on the load I am carrying, the terrain I am on, etc. is awesome. I don't adjust them much, but when I do I can feel the difference between each setting.

Last week I was out with some friends in Windrock for the weekend. One of JRI's guys also happened to be out there, and rode with me for a good part of the day to see how it rode and give advice on adjustments. The first day i was on setting 3, which is typically what I have been running on the highway with 28 psi in my 40" tires. Always felt very smooth to me.

On the trail, I was running 6 psi. I felt like it was a little too soft for me in the bigger rocks when trying to move faster, and I felt like a bobble head. I should have adjusted right then but didnt for who knows why. After he rode with me for a bit on the second day, he suggested we crank up each corner to 4, and then later on to 5 to see the difference. Simple enough, walk around each corner, turn a nob, and good to go.

What a difference. The suspension became much tighter and smoother, but no jarring, and I was no longer bobbing my head all over the place in the bigger rocks with the low psi, and running fast down some of the lighter trails became awesome. I'm not sure exactly how fast we were running on some of them, but somewhere in the low 30's maybe a bit more seems to be a fair guess. I had to stop several times to let the dust clear and let the other 5 jeeps catch up. Even some of the tougher trails I was making much faster progress over and around obstacles with the higher tune. And didnt feel like I was getting beat to death. Think I found my new favorite tune for offroad.

Put it on the trailer, cranked them up to 6 to tighten it up even more for the haul home, then back to 28 psi in the tires, and now using setting 3 again for on the road.

Again, all that depends on the load you are carrying, as well as weight from armor, motor, etc., but thats the beauty of these things. You can tune to your preferred feel. Whether on the rocks or on the trail. Its awesome.

Anyways, that's my $.02; if you've been thinking about trying them, they are well worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. DV8 Offroad JRI Shocks CORBEAU Seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode