User Feedback - See what people are saying - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-04-2015, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

User Feedback - See what people are saying

This is a dedicated thread where we will provide user feedback from folks who have used our JK Shocks. Please feel free to post your own feedback and even ask questions for other forum users to chime in on from their experience with our JK shocks. We will periodically post reviews from non forum members as they often times will submit testimonials to us but are not active on forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-04-2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep Beach Instagram Winner

These are some photos sent to us by our Jeep Beach Instagram Contest winner. We encouraged folks to post pictures of their Jeep at Jeep Beach 2015 with @JRiShocks and #JRiJeepBeach in the comment section. Brad was the lucky winner to take home a brand new set of shocks.

He had them on and installed in time for the weekend and sent us a quick note

"Dude, I feel like I'm just floating down the road. You made this Jeep ride like a champ!"

post #3 of 6 Old 07-20-2015, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Customer review

We recently had a customer put together a great review and first impression of the shocks after putting about 250 miles on them.

You can check it out here:
JRi 250 mile Shock Review

Last edited by JRiShocks; 07-20-2015 at 06:48 AM.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Granite Guru

Just put these on my Jeep about a week or so ago. These things are awesome. The install was very simple, and its a great looking product.

Im still playing with the different settings (6 different positions), but so far the ride quality is unmatched. Ive tried many different shock brands, and rode in many other JK's with other shock brands/types, and these are unmatched. I'm currently riding on a mid level setting of 4, but have tried the 1, which is much softer, and the 6 which is stiffer, and works great when taking on lots of bumps at higher speeds. I like the 4 because it allows me to have a bit softer of a ride then a 6, but still hit bumps and not really feel them; theses things just soak up the impact.

Im taking these out on the trail next weekend in Uwharrie and will post my offroad feedback on them then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. DV8 Offroad JRI Shocks CORBEAU Seats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rockroaster; 04-20-2017 at 09:40 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-11-2015, 08:07 AM
Granite Guru

Got to take mine out on the trail the other weekend and do some testing. Man, these things are awesome. Best ride on the trail I have ever had. From going fast down the bumpy, dirt roads between trails, to the slower moving on the trail, these things worked great. On the fast dirt roads, these things soaked up every pothole and bump I could find. On the trail, Im used to bouncing around all over the place with my old shocks. With these, the jeep was very stable, and wasnt bouncing all over the place every time I hit a little rock. Impacts coming down off a rock or over a large hump were softened out and smooth; no jolt. I ran them at a setting of 5 most of the day, and it just rode so smooth. Couldnt ask for a better shock; well worth the investment.

post #6 of 6 Old 11-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Granite Guru

Took mine on an 8 hour drive a couple weeks ago, from Charlotte, NC to mid Ohio for a wedding. Brother wanted all of the jeeps there for the wedding so I figured why not. It did very well turning 40's for 8 hours through the hills and mountains between here and there... as well as it could anyway with that joke of a motor.

The whole way there I played with all of the settings, from 1 to 6, on different sections of the highway to see how it would react. I was already pleased with how they performed offroad, but hadn't really been able to test them for a long period on the highway. 3 and 4 were awesome, and for the weight of my JK, are my preferred settings. Going through the sharp turns in the mountains of WVA on the turnpike, it handled like a sports car. Wasnt flightly, or swaying all over the place like with my old shocks. It stayed tight and hugged the corners. It was awesome. To be able to go through those corners at high speeds on 40"s, I was very pleased, and the wife was comfortable for once riding in it through that section of the drive.

1 is very soft. It was much more flighty, and swayed a ton. Almost hard to hold on to going fast, so definitely a setting for slower speeds, like offroad. I didnt ride long on that setting since this trip was more about making good time, and trying to stay comfortable while doing it.

6 was very stiff. It handled great at the higher speeds, and handled the corners like nothing else, but I felt every bump and crack in the road. But that to me would be considered a trade off for being able to keep it in perfect control in those driving conditions.

In the long run though, I found 3-4 to be my perfect setting for the road. It handled just like it should; wasnt all over the road, and hugged sharp cornering, while being smooth across bumps. Couldnt hardly feel them. Couldnt be happier with these and how they perform. It has changed how I drive mine, and how I feel about driving it on the road and offroad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode