Alloy USA's New Heavy Duty JK Ball Joints (p/n: 11800) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Alloy USA's New Heavy Duty JK Ball Joints (p/n: 11800)

Very pleased to introduce our new Alloy USA Heavy Duty Dana 30-44 Ball Joint kit..
Here is the marketing part...

You know that the factory ball joints are just fine for the factory set up, but who drives around in a factory stock Jeep anymore? When you are adding larger tires and therefore more stress on the components, the stock ball joints tend to fail prematurely. The Alloy USA heavy duty ball joints were designed for vehicles with lift kits and larger then factory tires to eliminate the stock weak points and make improvements that will help the off-road enthusiast. No nylon inserts to wear out.
■Alloy USA – 5 year limited warranty
■Fits 07-13 Jeep Wranglers
■Fits 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokees
■Made from SEA 4120 and 4140 heat treated high grade steel
■Grease fittings (not found on factory application) allow for continued maintenance
■Ball joints can be greased after installation
■Complete set of 4 pieces, 2 upper & 2 lower ball joints

The Alloy USA heavy duty ball joints have been designed with a low profile (grease) zerk fitting for regular maintenance, a feature not offered on factory replacement parts. The plastic inner insert has been replaced with a high strength steel socket system. This design greatly increases ball joint strength and durability. This is a “Must” for lifted vehicles running any tire larger than stock applications. Ball and socket are assembled using an exclusive threaded preload system to ensure precise tolerances for prolonged joint life and precise steering. The ball and shaft are constructed from industry leading SAE 4140 Chromoly steel. Alloy USA ball joints are industry leaders for durability and strength

If you got questions let me know!! MSRP is set at $199 for a complete set of (4)...
Attached Images

Last edited by Rugged_Ridge; 12-06-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Wheeler

I'm actually in the market now for well-priced aftermarket replacements for my 100k mile worn-out OEM ball joints! I like the construction of the Alloy joints and I like the 5 year warranty too. Why "new and improved" in the marketing literature? What has changed and why?

2008 2 Door Rubicon
4" Zone Lift
15x10 Ion 138
35x13.50R15 Toyo Open Country MT
A bunch of other stuff done and yet to do
post #3 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
JKO Addict!

This may be a stupid question but looking at the design it appears that they are rebuildable without removing from the vehicle? Is this correct or are they a one time shot till they fail?

post #4 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Wheeler

Will they work with RCV CV's/shafts and is it possible to to grease them with the CV's in place?

Nick
post #5 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pym808 View Post
Will they work with RCV CV's/shafts and is it possible to to grease them with the CV's in place?

Nick
GREAT QUESTION! I assume the angled position of the lower grease fitting accommodates RCV axles, but I want to know for sure as well.

2008 2 Door Rubicon
4" Zone Lift
15x10 Ion 138
35x13.50R15 Toyo Open Country MT
A bunch of other stuff done and yet to do
post #6 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pym808 View Post

Nick
I helped a buddy install a set over the weekend and I don't see why they wouldn't Work with RCV's They have an angled lower needle fitting just like my Poly's that work fine with my RCV's.

In all honesty after holding them in my own hands and inspecting them they look like a quality product. Now only time will tell how they perform.

I would like to know how the 5 year limited warranty works as I feel I just got burned warranty wise on a set of Alloy shafts that have a couple wheeling trips on them and the flanges are bent already so I'm buying my second set of axles in 6 months.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 90 Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Seems like a good product. Also interested about compatibility with RCV's, and also what exactly the 5 year limited warranty entails.

Greg
post #8 of 90 Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
This may be a stupid question but looking at the design it appears that they are rebuildable without removing from the vehicle? Is this correct or are they a one time shot till they fail?
Not a stupid question at all.... Was expecting it.
The answer is no although it looks possible. The design allows us to control preload during assemble. The tapered threads have thread lock applied and the top of the ball joints are bradded at four points.

As for failure.., should take a good bit of time...
post #9 of 90 Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomb23 View Post
Seems like a good product. Also interested about compatibility with RCV's, and also what exactly the 5 year limited warranty entails.
RCV axles are a good question and I will be 100% honest..... Do not have the RCV axles to test. I did get measurements and did my best to keep the fitting and crown as low as possible for this reason..

Who wants to be a tester for free? PM me.

The 5 year warranty is for manufactured defects but we will stand behind the product as long as they are installed correctly and properly maintained. Just like the other manufactures state.
post #10 of 90 Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge View Post
RCV axles are a good question and I will be 100% honest..... Do not have the RCV axles to test. I did get measurements and did my best to keep the fitting and crown as low as possible for this reason..

The 5 year warranty is for manufactured defects but we will stand behind the product as long as they are installed correctly and properly maintained. Just like the other manufactures state.
PM Sent

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

post #11 of 90 Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

PM Sent as well.

Jeepless
post #12 of 90 Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ABADJEEPER will be helping out with the RCV axle testing.... If it does not workout with him I will let you guys know..

Thanks for the help.
post #13 of 90 Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
PIG
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Very pleased to introduce our new Alloy USA Heavy Duty Dana 30-44 Ball Joint kit..
Here is the marketing part...

You know that the factory ball joints are just fine for the factory set up, but who drives around in a factory stock Jeep anymore? When you are adding larger tires and therefore more stress on the components, the stock ball joints tend to fail prematurely. The Alloy USA heavy duty ball joints were designed for vehicles with lift kits and larger then factory tires to eliminate the stock weak points and make improvements that will help the off-road enthusiast. No nylon inserts to wear out.
■Alloy USA – 5 year limited warranty
■Fits 07-13 Jeep Wranglers
■Fits 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokees
■Made from SEA 4120 and 4140 heat treated high grade steel
■Grease fittings (not found on factory application) allow for continued maintenance
■Ball joints can be greased after installation
■Complete set of 4 pieces, 2 upper & 2 lower ball joints

The Alloy USA heavy duty ball joints have been designed with a low profile (grease) zerk fitting for regular maintenance, a feature not offered on factory replacement parts. The plastic inner insert has been replaced with a high strength steel socket system. This design greatly increases ball joint strength and durability. This is a “Must” for lifted vehicles running any tire larger than stock applications. Ball and socket are assembled using an exclusive threaded preload system to ensure precise tolerances for prolonged joint life and precise steering. The ball and shaft are constructed from industry leading SAE 4140 Chromoly steel. Alloy USA ball joints are industry leaders for durability and strength

If you got questions let me know!! MSRP is set at $199 for a complete set of (4)...
Genius idea....

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #14 of 90 Old 12-08-2012, 01:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Genius idea....
hahahahahahahahaha. I think a more appropriate response would have been, "Fuck you Alloy"

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #15 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well, OK...

Anyway there are a number of retailers offering super deals at the moment. Take advantage of them if you can.
post #16 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

I don't know how things work around here since JKO was sold, but how come Pig has a nifty yellow star? Is Rugged_Ridge going to copy that too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #17 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
I don't know how things work around here since JKO was sold, but how come Pig has a nifty yellow star? Is Rugged_Ridge going to copy that too?
Yea what's up with that. Hitmoney must be sleeping.

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #18 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here we go again :headbang:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
No they are a manufacturer and only sell through retail vendors.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #19 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Here we go again :headbang:

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #20 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Any 60 bj's yet?

2007 2 door, RK coilovers, 5.38 gears, built rubi axles, 35" Kumho KL71's, etc
2003 TJ, solid 60, Full traction long armed, caged, etc
2011 Jeep WK2 70th anniversary (baby hauler)
2013 focus ST, SCT with unleashed tune, green filter, Daily driver
post #21 of 90 Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM
JKO Addict!

So... How do these compare to the poly ball joints?

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #22 of 90 Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Too set the record straight regarding our product and it's relation to another manufacture....

Product development started some time back and was proceeding in a given design direction (along with OE replacement B/J) when the other source for this type of ball joint came on the market. I will give credit where credit is due and give Poly props for having a quality product to market first that meets the needs of the JK owner.

Rather than continue in our direction (too close in design to Poly's) ,as well as out of industry respect, we stopped and started to look at other design options. We also knew we could product a quality product at a more competitive price for you guys, so development continued.

Like the other manufacture we developed our lower ball joint based off proven designs that have been used over the years. The common goal was to remove the Nylon inserts (my 2012 JK's were toast after 24K) and use alloy steel for the high wear points. If you look at the construction and wear points (cutaways) you can see how they differ.
Remember guys that these , in the end, are ball joints that have been around for years, and we simply replaced the crappy OE units with better industry proven designs. No different than axle shafts, ring and pinions, and u-joints. I'm wondering why crap is not being pitched at competing companies for supplying these parts? I guess because it's common and you don't mind competitive pricing. That's what we are doing here… offering a competitive product and a very competitive price. Don't see a thing wrong with that..

As for comparison and durability…. I assure you of equal strength and durability. We have a long standing relationship with our vendor stretching over 10 years and have been developing and supplying OE replacement components for many years…

As for durability.. I can tell you that I have been running the original prototypes for 8 months and have put over 16,000 miles on them. Still going strong and solid. Because we are new on the market I cannot give you other testimonials but hope to be able in the coming months..

Thank you to those who have purchased the parts and hope to continue in the future.
post #23 of 90 Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Rock God

so which came first...the cracker jack or the fiddle faddle

I'll go away now......
post #24 of 90 Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
so which came first...the cracker jack or the fiddle faddle

I'll go away now......
funny... but as I said above.

" will give credit where credit is due and give Poly props for having a quality product to market first that meets the needs of the JK owner."

In NO way would I state otherwise.
post #25 of 90 Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Granite Guru

Me and my business partner will be ordering ours today. Looks like a great product at a great price. I do hope they work with the RCVs as I will be upgrading them after the first of the year.

2010 SURF BLUE JK UNLIMITED. 4" TERAFLEX FULL FLEX LIFT, SMITTYBUILT FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, SMITTYBUILT 10K WINCH, SMITTYBUILT ROCK SLIDERS, BUSHWACKER FLAT FENDERS, 35" PROCOMPS ON 17" ADDICTS, 513 GEARS, HELLA LIGHTS AND TANTRUM LIGHTS UNDERNEATH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode