Shrockworks Rear Bumper Revealed!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Exclamation Shrockworks Rear Bumper Revealed!!!!

Shrockworks has released some pics on their website, I think they did an excellent job. Thanks guys!!

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Manufacturer ShrockWorks
Part #: JJKW1-RBPR-01A
Fits: Jeep JK Wrangler 2007-2008

Coming soon! Pics are of the prototype and represent pretty much exactly how it will look. We are working on the tire carrier right now. We will post more details and pricing as it becomes available.

As of 11/19/07 we are expecting to have pricing and begin taking orders on the bumper only version in a few weeks. It will probably be about a month before we have pics, details and pricing on the tire rack version. We expect the tire rack version to begin shipping in about 3-4 months and the bumper only in about 2 months.

Shrockworks
post #3 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Rock God

Okay, bye bye Rockhard bumper, hello Shrockworks...

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Granite Guru

that is a really good looking bumper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1924 Willow st
Alameda, Ca
(510)999-7766
post #5 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Rock God

There is also a stubby version that Jim and Nick are working on and should have pix very soon.

Dirty Minion #6
post #6 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Rock God

OH now I'm interested again....aarrgghh..

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.

post #7 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Wheeler

post #8 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

it is good looking. i'm more interested in that than a stubby rear. coming down on an unprotected corner would suck. and be expensive.

wish they could have moved that hitch up a little though...

post #9 of 81 Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Boy View Post
it is good looking. i'm more interested in that than a stubby rear. coming down on an unprotected corner would suck. and be expensive.

wish they could have moved that hitch up a little though...
They made it sound like you would still get corner coverage, it just wouldn't extend out as far past the body. That way it won't look goofy with tube fenders.
post #10 of 81 Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 AM
Rock God

Garage

that's a great looking bumper. Nice lines. It will be interesting to see what there full line of rear bumper options looks like in a couple of months.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #11 of 81 Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Rock God

That looks like the factory hitch there.

Ron

post #12 of 81 Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 AM
JR
Rock God

yup, they did a damn good job. i like it.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #13 of 81 Old 11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
They made it sound like you would still get corner coverage, it just wouldn't extend out as far past the body. That way it won't look goofy with tube fenders.
now that i would be interested in. but i want a hitch, too! \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingtrail View Post
That looks like the factory hitch there.

Ron
is it? i've never seen one in person. it's cool that they designed around it for the people that got it.

post #14 of 81 Old 11-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re.bumper

Nice work!!! Thats one nice bumper!!!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #15 of 81 Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Wheeler

I finished up the stubby last week and we should get some pics taken this week.

As for any current concerns (my post on another forum):

"For those of you worried about width, I have mentioned to many who have asked about the rear bumper that there is two versions (even some of those posting). This is the first proto for the full width style guys who want full coverage to the edge of the flare. There is also a stubby version for the minimalist who wants to run aftermarket flares (or no flares) which I have to get out and build ASAP for you to see...we still have an ace in the hole.

Some other concerns are about the tire cut out being deeper, which isn't possible, the cut out goes as far down as possible and is basically resting on the rear crossmember. Take your stock bumper off or crawl under your jeep and look at the restrictions we are working with.

This crossmember also comes into play on the prefered location and integration of a hitch. We could have choosen to integrate a hitch but had to choose above or below that crossmember. We weighed the pros and cons such as loss of clearance, hitch height, weight addition for structural support, etc. and looked at the different changes need to the current design we have ended up with and chose what we did as the best general option. Why kill clearance and add wieght when there is already a substantial tow point available? What if Joe customer doesn't want to tow anything but requires more clearance?....What about making it a possible option to be able to do both?

and we are working on getting a good deal on stock location hitches for you guys who don't have them...

All questions we have asked ourselves and weighed.

The question/statement about the tire carrier flex and moving it toward the center of the vehicle: Good point, it has and will be taken into consideration. And as someone stated there is only so far it can be moved toward the center due to tailgate interference...we are walking the fine line already and working on solutions to try and take care of both and more situtuations.

The mounting hasn't totally been finalized but as it stands the mounts catch both the side and bottom of the frame and the recovery points are directly intergrated.

We are working on making our product with function in mind and enough options to make it as generally pleasing as possible. We are working long and hard to accomplish this and our current orders. We appriciate the feedback and try as much as possible to take it into consideration, in some cases we have already addressed the issues and other cases try to include options prefered. And as always:

"You can please some of the people all of the time,
or you can please all of the people some of the time.
But you can't please all of the people all of the time."

Nick

Design/Proto Fab

post #16 of 81 Old 11-26-2007, 11:37 AM

As a new owner of a Shrockworks stubby front, I'm looking forward to matching it up in the rear. I have to say that in a weird way it actually makes me feel good to do business with these guys...their stuff is of the highest quality from what I have experienced, and I have NEVER seen a company so willing to openly take suggestions from the public concerning design. Definitely a dying breed; kudos.
post #17 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Wheeler

Pic of the stubby....

On the hitch, we thought about this a lot. As with most things, there are trade-offs whichever way you go. Here is our reasoning.

The stock hitch sits right on the bottom of a frame cross member, it is very strong, it is removable and a lot of people already have it. In order to do an integrated hitch in the bumper, it would only make sense to put it above the frame crossmember. Putting it in-line with the frame crossmember would mean making the whole bumper stick out a lot further from the back of the Jeep in order to have a useable length receiverÖ..not good. Putting it above means raising the tire about 3Ē from where we will be putting and would mean very little view out the back with a big tire. It would also mean a tire carrier would be mandatory for anything larger than a stock tire.

Where we are putting it is high enough to keep it from dragging but will give more visibility than if the hitch was mounted higher. If you are a hard-core guy, just leave the hitch off. Even if you leave it on, you may drag it sometimes, but it wonít hold you up (my experience with a lot of wheeling in my JK), itís strong enough that you wonít damage it, and Iíd rather grind and beat up a removable receiver hitch than the actual bumper.

If you donít already have the factory hitch, we will offer one you can buy with the bumper.
post #18 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Ipe
Rock God

I like this stubby! It looks nice, Very Nice!
post #19 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Alec W

I really like the stubby too, nice job. How big of a tire will fit without the carrier?
post #20 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Wheeler

Man that thing looks awesome! I know I am in the market for some new bumpers and why not match my rockrails!

Nick
------
07 Sahara Unlimited
Black with a little bit of lift,
a little bit of tires,
never enough armor
and a whole lot of FUN!
post #21 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
I really like the stubby too, nice job. How big of a tire will fit without the carrier?
We haven't tested it yet but the plan is for it to hold a 35" tire w/o the carrier. Should be tested by the end of the week.
post #22 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Very nice looking stubby, I may have to re-evaluate my "don't put on any more steel" policy.........

BTW, how much does it weigh?

Great job, thanks!!

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #23 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrockworks View Post
Pic of the stubby....

I will buy this bumper. When do you expect it to be available with a tire carrier. It will work great with my stubby front.
post #24 of 81 Old 11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Rock God

I've run plenty of bumpers from other people on my TJ's and LJ. I'm pretty much sold on shrockworks stuff. Does the rear stubby bumper cover the sides of the rear corner, just like the full width does? If so you definately have my order.

Ron

post #25 of 81 Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 AM
Wheeler

The stubby does not wrap around the corner totally to the fender, it stops at the sharp body line that the outer edge of the top. (make sense . it is only 1/4" wider than the body. That is why we offer two versions. But the outer rear most corner of the bumper is about 3-4" from the tub giving good corner protection.

Nick

Design/Proto Fab

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode