JBA Headers released for JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
JR
Rock God

JBA Headers released for JK

Got this in my email this morning

JBA is proud to announce the release of new smog legal Cat4ward® headers for the 2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler and Cherokee with 3.8L V-6. These new headers are tuned to greatly increase horsepower and torque throughout the RPM range. They feature stainless steel primary tubes, thick 3/8” CNC laser-cut flanges, and JBA sealing dome collector. These features work together to deliver maximum performance and durability. JBA also offers performance exhaust systems for Jeeps.

JBA Cat4ward® Headers - p/n 1528S
Bolt-on big power and torque!
• Increased HP & TQ throughout RPM range
• Heavy-duty mandrel-bent stainless steel tube
• Extra thick 3/8” Laser-cut flanges
• High flow merge collector
• JBA Sealing Dome technology
• Optional high temp ceramic coating
• 50 state smog legal with C.A.R.B. E.O. #
• Complete hardware and instructions included
• Simple bolt-on installation

http://www.jbaheaders.com

Available online here

Jason from RJR Off-Road

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

coupon code = JKOWNERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Granite Guru

NICE!!! I am happy to see companies stepping up to the plate on the JK. I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised how good the motor will be for us. I know JBA makes some quality components...
post #3 of 10 Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

and a decent price too
wonder how tough the install is gonna be.
I've done some vehicles where headers were a 1-man, 1-2 hour job and others where it was a complete nightmare.
gonna be interesting to see some dyno numbers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #4 of 10 Old 11-21-2007, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
JR
Rock God

We have had their JK exhaust system on two of our Jeeps now, definitely a solidly built piece. The quality is top notch.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #5 of 10 Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I'd like to see the dyno numbers too! There is no doubt about it the 3.8 is going to be a major/royal PITA install. There is just no room.

I will have to mention this to the guys at Hesco and think what it will do with the sc and the UniChip and will the UniChip need to be a little more tweaked.

However I am really interested in a before and after, uncleaned, dyno numbers. I'd like to see what it does in the lower end more so than the top end.

I am just curious if the install effort will be worth it as the 3.8 is already running s pseudo header and not a manifold.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I'd like to see the dyno numbers too! There is no doubt about it the 3.8 is going to be a major/royal PITA install. There is just no room.

I will have to mention this to the guys at Hesco and think what it will do with the sc and the UniChip and will the UniChip need to be a little more tweaked.

However I am really interested in a before and after, uncleaned, dyno numbers. I'd like to see what it does in the lower end more so than the top end.

I am just curious if the install effort will be worth it as the 3.8 is already running s pseudo header and not a manifold.
There is a dyno graph for these headers..and it does appear that the make more power. Unfortunately if you look at the graph its starts at 4000rpm and goes up. Doesn't show from 1000 to 3500 where nearly all off roading takes place.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDog View Post
There is a dyno graph for these headers..and it does appear that the make more power. Unfortunately if you look at the graph its starts at 4000rpm and goes up. Doesn't show from 1000 to 3500 where nearly all off roading takes place.
I've asked about headers for the JK before and everyone says don't do it, it's not a noticable difference in hp. Waste of money and a lot more things that would be more effective for offroading than headers. I myself still need some sort of an A pillar cage, and I'm waiting for new chrome moly axle shafts so I can run 37's without worring about breaking my front dana 30. So I'm looking at about 800.00 for that alone. So Cage, axle shafts, 37's new suspension, nice swaybar disconnect system, then headers.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Granite Guru

what good do the coatings do for the headers? Extend the life of them? Lower heat?

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
post #9 of 10 Old 11-27-2007, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
JR
Rock God

Ceramic coatings tend to make the header look better for alot longer, and also help with heat dissipation.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #10 of 10 Old 01-02-2008, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
JR
Rock God

Update on these guys, 2008 pricing just came out and prices on them went down over $100, putting the stainless version under $350

http://www.rjroffroad.com/JBA-Cat4wa...-pr-17012.html

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode