Bestop HighRock 4X4 Slider Steps? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Talking Bestop HighRock 4X4 Slider Steps?

I am looking at adding these steps to my rig and wonder if anyone knows about them, usability and durability? My old short legs need some help in getting up into the JK and my sweetheart is shorter then me. I am planning on taking the Rubicon on many 4+ trails in the future and need the protection of sliders in the longer unlimited. Thanks in advance for any reviews you may have. Spiritree

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...-Step-Bars.asp here is a link to there page if you want to take a look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spiritree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Rock God

I would break them for sure with the 4+ places that I go. I'm about to add 1 3/4 inch 1/4 wall DOM to my factory Rubicon sliders for a bit more protection.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Rock God

Those seem real spendy for what you get. Their are kits out their that do what Rock-Ness is talking about for a lot cheaper. Also just look at some of the vendors here if you are planing on doing 4+ trails. You should be able to find something that is much stronger. I don't think those steps will last very long.
post #4 of 10 Old 01-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

i'm buying some rubi-rails from jeepswag.com to weld on to my OEM rails. check them out. thick tubes less expensive than most rock rails on the market and make good steps.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #5 of 10 Old 01-23-2009, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

I am trying to give us a step up into a high step, for our short legs, daily driver. these steps can be in the lower position when not off road but I am worried that when I need them to protect then they will bend up an not work anymore. Thanks for your responses. Spiritree

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spiritree
post #6 of 10 Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Well, it looks more like a nerf bar than a rock slider. I understand why you are considering this. For the price I would hope that it has a lifetime guaranty. I would be concerned about the spring loaded mechanism failing as it has moving parts and parts break over time. With limited knowledge of this product, I would think that it could serve your purpose.

I say this because you have a stock rubi and that will limit you to the types of obstacles you can do. I think you'll get hung up on other parts of the Jeep before the sliders take a real pounding. That's based on personal experience.

JMHO
post #7 of 10 Old 01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

OK, nothing like reviving a 3 year old thread

Anyone have them? A guy I know from Bestop keeps telling me that they will hold up pretty good. Sez some have to replace a step now and then from hard core rock contact but its usually covered.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #8 of 10 Old 01-01-2012, 06:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
OK, nothing like reviving a 3 year old thread

Anyone have them? A guy I know from Bestop keeps telling me that they will hold up pretty good. Sez some have to replace a step now and then from hard core rock contact but its usually covered.
I saw these for the first time last week. They guy said he tried to beat them to hell but couldnt. He has wheeled Moab and a few other places with no issues. A couple have dents. Username is jctnt1. PM him, he can give you the run down. I believe he has had them on for 3 years.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #9 of 10 Old 01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Thanks!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #10 of 10 Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Wheeler

I've got them on my 2 door. It is very nice to have the step so low for a DD, and then they store nice and high when on the trail. The body armor is a huge plus. My steps have seen Moab and other wear and tear, and are still holding up strong. With the height of my Jeep, it's nice to have a step that comes low enough for my short A$$...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode