Just a heads-up: Body Armor is coming out with a roofrack to fit JK's and TJ's --- no drilling and it looks pretty sturdy.
I have no affiliation with the company but I've been looking for a roofrack for my JK Sahara for a while and haven't liked what's out there yet....
Originally Posted by Body Armor
Body Armor 4x4 introduces the new Roof Rack system. Features include:
* Base rack in constructed of 2” .095 wall tube
* Simple no drill installation, ease of assembly requires only simple hand tools
* Front and rear light bars standard
* Black textured powder coat finish
* Cargo basket in made of .120 wall aluminum tubing for maximum strength while retaining light weight
* Exclusive pedestal design makes for ease of installation and removal of cargo basket
* Laser cut Body Armor 4x4 front shield
* Notched rear for ease of loading cargo while also containing the load
* Base rack pricing:
* TJ Unlimited: PN TJ-6124: MSRP $511.95
* TJ: PN TJ-6125: MSRP $478.95
* JK Unlimited PN JK-6124 MSRP $624.94
* JK 2 door: PN JK-6125: MSRP: $574.95
* Cargo basket with pedestal feet: PN 5124: MSRP $499.94
hope fully its better quality than wild boar there stuff is not so good
I have the WB fastback model. It's under a year old and the finish isn't holding up well. I'm planning on pulling it off to coat it with an anti-rust product. I had to pull it off once to fix a few bends from an encounter with a tree
I dont have much use for a rack, but it appears that these companies are putting some nice things out. Now as far as the 1/2 doors go, I need a set of those, but I hope the price is right. It just seems like everything that comes out for the JK has big price increase. In this economy that is not fairing well.