Bumper/Corners Sneak Peak - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Bumper/Corners Sneak Peak

These are some SEMA prototypes I am working on, thought I'd share for fun

The first is a stubby bumper we're doing. Features are integrated hidden winch (fits non-integrated solenoid winches) and an optional bolt on pre-runner style stinger.

I was actually happy enough with the welds on the bumper so much I wanted to leave them unground, what do you guys think?

Oh, and I am planning an add-on skidplate to protect the swaybar motor and such, I just don't think its gonna be done for SEMA.

The next are no cutout and LED cutout rear corners. Our pre-cut LED holes will fit a 4" stop/turn/tail and a 2" reverse LED.

Again, these are just prototypes

I no longer work with Warrior. I am now working with The FIRM.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jason @ Warrior; 10-08-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

YES YES OH GAWD YES!! The stubby is clean, simple , looks strong. Really about the best looking stubby out there (almost out there...). Guessing you'll add some light tabs? Still awesome even without.

Someone should have come out with the no cutout corners long ago. Not a fan of chrome, but in black...I would so want those! Beautiful work!
post #3 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Ipe
Rock God

I like 'em

I don't need the bumper(already got one), but the corners look good. Any possibility of doing them in a smooth steel vs. the diamond plate, or at least have a smooth option available?
post #4 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
YES YES OH GAWD YES!! The stubby is clean, simple , looks strong. Really about the best looking stubby out there (almost out there...). Guessing you'll add some light tabs? Still awesome even without.

Someone should have come out with the no cutout corners long ago. Not a fan of chrome, but in black...I would so want those! Beautiful work!
Actually the best option for lights is to drill/mount them to the top face of the bumper between our optional brushguard, which I just bolted on.

I still am hesitant to grind the welds. I'm not so sure the industry would like that though.

As for the corners, this Jeep will have black powder coat on them before it goes to SEMA as well.

Now I've got to get working on the tube flares...busy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post
I like 'em

I don't need the bumper(already got one), but the corners look good. Any possibility of doing them in a smooth steel vs. the diamond plate, or at least have a smooth option available?
Just like all of our corners, they're available in polished diamond plate, black diamond plate, and smooth black steel.

Available RAW steel by special order too!

post #6 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Rock God

I like it. Skid is a must, not sure on the hidden winch though cause it limits what winch you can have with it. What is the cut out for in the driver side top of the bumper?

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #7 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Know you're super busy Jason, so whenever you get the chance...

How will the rear corners attach to the tub? I'm guessing w/ some kind of Riv-nut deal like AEV uses? And (for people that already have AEV corners but would like to get yours to be able to flush mount their own aftmkt lights), would there be an option to get the corners with no cutouts AND no mounting holes as well? That way people could still utilize the AEV mounting bolt (Riv-nut) locations. Thanks for the feedback.
post #8 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 01:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

OK, put me on the waiting list for the waiting list for those corner guards!
post #9 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
I like it. Skid is a must, not sure on the hidden winch though cause it limits what winch you can have with it. What is the cut out for in the driver side top of the bumper?
It'll fit just about any non integrated solenoid winch, be it Warn, MileMarker, Tmax, Smittybilt, ETC.

Sure it won't fit the integrated stuff and the Powerplant (which to me is still a silly idea in the first place), but that's kind of the purpose behind the stubby and minimalist design.

The cutout is an access cut for the clutch lever on your winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Know you're super busy Jason, so whenever you get the chance...

How will the rear corners attach to the tub? I'm guessing w/ some kind of Riv-nut deal like AEV uses? And (for people that already have AEV corners but would like to get yours to be able to flush mount their own aftmkt lights), would there be an option to get the corners with no cutouts AND no mounting holes as well? That way people could still utilize the AEV mounting bolt (Riv-nut) locations. Thanks for the feedback.
Warrior's standard corner installation is drill and pop rivet. But we don't put mounting holes in it, so if you wanted to do riv nuts, bolts, or whatever....you could.

Standard part #'s 920, 920PC, and S920 include the notches for the tailgate hinges, and gas tank hole, and nothing else. I haven't secured part #'s on the LED cutout versions yet.

We also plan on offering the #2917 taillight and reverse light LED kit separately for our cutouts if people want to get it all in one stop.

Once SEMA passes and this stuff is all publicized, you'll be able to get this stuff from your JKO vendors that sell our product.

post #10 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Which of our beloved vendors here peddle your products?
post #11 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

RJR Off-Road and Quadratec

Last edited by Jason @ Warrior; 10-08-2008 at 04:48 PM.
post #12 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

Talking

I like it.

What thickness metal did you use for the various parts?

- TEEJ

2008 JK 4 Dr X. 5 Speed, LSD, JKS QD, 3.73 Diffs. Husky Liners and Daystar Hood Wranglers. Pine Stripes.
post #13 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Garage

I dig the bumper alot.. good job.

The corner gaurds... not so much. I am not a fan of diamond plate.... IMHO diamond plate says "I want to be a tow truck" in my head and looks cheap.

But that is my personal taste... YMMV.
post #14 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Rock God

Awesome bumper Jason.. I will seriously look at this when the time comes to replace my stock bumper...

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #15 of 24 Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
I like it.

What thickness metal did you use for the various parts?
All the mounting and d-ring area and winch plate is 3/16" HRPO doubled up against the 10 gauge outer skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I dig the bumper alot.. good job.

The corner gaurds... not so much. I am not a fan of diamond plate.... IMHO diamond plate says "I want to be a tow truck" in my head and looks cheap.

But that is my personal taste... YMMV.
That's why they're available in smooth steel too, everyone has their own tastes. Personally, I don't like diamond plate either, but it pays my wages.

post #16 of 24 Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Granite Guru

Jason,
Do you think the bumper will clear my front receiver?

Safety fast,

Get to know
post #17 of 24 Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Jason,
Do you think the bumper will clear my front receiver?
Hard to say for sure, but I kind of doubt it.

What's that silly lookin thing you got stuffed in there?

post #18 of 24 Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ Warrior View Post
What's that silly lookin thing you got stuffed in there?
Miata killer.

Just a skid to fill the hole and keep it clean really.

Safety fast,

Get to know
post #19 of 24 Old 10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

hey jason can you get a shot of the corners looking down on them im curious to see the fitment to the body if so im def interested in a set to bad they wont be ready for SEMA

www.jeepasylum.com
post #20 of 24 Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Granite Guru

I like the design a lot. What kind of cost are we looking at?

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

post #21 of 24 Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
hey jason can you get a shot of the corners looking down on them im curious to see the fitment to the body if so im def interested in a set to bad they wont be ready for SEMA
Those are the only shots I had, those corners have already been sent off to the powder coaters, and I am still waiting on taillights to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcM View Post
I like the design a lot. What kind of cost are we looking at?
Not a clue. Pricing will be set in stone at a later date. I just build em, there are people that sit in offices that get to do the math on materials/labor/mark-up

post #22 of 24 Old 10-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Granite Guru

I don't want to drill out holes in body for lights. Is the spot over the stock light hole flat enough to mount some ORO lite dots?

07 Rubi Unlimited , 4.5 clayton longarm, 37" Maxxis treps, AtoZ fabrication, Genright, and Polyperformance
post #23 of 24 Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve&2jc's View Post
I don't want to drill out holes in body for lights. Is the spot over the stock light hole flat enough to mount some ORO lite dots?
There might be enough room to get the lite-dots in there with just the no-hole version of the corners, but I can't guarantee.

Personally I don't recommend or like ORO lite dots. Several people have complained of dead LED's in a very short amount of time.

post #24 of 24 Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Some finished shots in no order

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode