4XFix Hi clearance muffler relocation kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

4XFix Hi clearance muffler relocation kit

I've redesigned my muffler relocation kit and I think this is pretty cool.

The kit comes with rear sway bar lowering brackets. By lowering the rear swaybar, we can now run the tailpipe over the rear swaybar. This allows the tailpipe to come out the back at a downward angle. Now here's the trick. I'm offering two different tips. The street tip will be full length and will run out the back as normal. The offroad tip will be short with a downturn at the end. No more smashing tips under the rear frame rail. The tips are swappable, with a single band clamp.

All mandrel bent stainless steel.

I think I've found a quiet muffler option for this kit also. Not stock quiet, but definitely more quiet than my previous kit.

Prices do not include shipping

Tailpipe and brackets with both tips $199
Tailpipe and brackets with tips and band clamps $245
Tailpipe and brackets with tips band clamps and not so quiet muffler $335
Tailpipe and brackets with tips band clamps and quiet muffler $345

For those who purchased my original muffler relocation kit, I'll have a trade in program. You'll get 50% off for your old kit.

These should be available for sale within three weeks.

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If its only for the 4door then you jobu!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #3 of 23 Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
If its only for the 4door then you jobu!
Hey now, you know I wouldn't do a kit that would leave the 2 door guys out in cold. You just need to relocate the evap can, and it's all good.

and WTF is jobu?

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:

post #4 of 23 Old 08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Hey now, you know I wouldn't do a kit that would leave the 2 door guys out in cold. You just need to relocate the evap can, and it's all good.

and WTF is jobu?
Its a reference to "Major League" great movie.

Jason
post #5 of 23 Old 08-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Rock God

Does lowering the swaybar mounting location change the handling characteristics?
I'm no suspension expert, but I have read several times that the swaybar arms should be parallel with the ground while the vehicle is at rest. Seems like lowering the mounting point will raise the arm ends. Will the kit include adjustable links?

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #6 of 23 Old 08-22-2008, 07:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

[QUOTE=Woods;31788] You just need to relocate the evap can, and it's all good. [QUOTE]

Already moved that sucker out of the way with your down and dirty kit.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #7 of 23 Old 08-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I've redesigned my muffler relocation kit and I think this is pretty cool. The kit comes with rear sway bar lowering brackets.
How far down do you relocate the sway bar?
post #8 of 23 Old 08-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Wheeler

Hey Brett, I've got your older kit already. I have the BDS lift kit that uses a lowering bracket of at least 4". What will I need ? Just the tail pipe with the tips????

08' Rubi 4dr
6.5" BDS long arm
1" TeraFlex coil spacers
38x15.50x20 MTZ's
20x10 RBP rims
1310 HD JE Reel shafts
ShrockWorks Midwidth ft. bumper
Warn Power Plant 9500
Rockhard rear bumper/carrier
JKS adjustable ft and rear trac bars
River Raider snorkel
5:13 finally!!
A wish list a mile long
post #9 of 23 Old 08-24-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8it View Post
How far down do you relocate the sway bar?
1.5"

I've been running the brackets for about 3 months and haven't been able to tell any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Jeeper View Post
Hey Brett, I've got your older kit already. I have the BDS lift kit that uses a lowering bracket of at least 4". What will I need ? Just the tail pipe with the tips????

It's a whole new kit. I was not able to get the new kit to work with the old style muffler. There is a good trade-in program though. Details are at the bottom of my first post, on this thread.

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #10 of 23 Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Rock God

what muffler are you using for the "quiet" muffler?
post #11 of 23 Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnaught6 View Post
what muffler are you using for the "quiet" muffler?
My final choice has not been made yet. The Magnaflow 11266 is a likely contender and I've confirmed that it's fairly quiet. I have not tested the Walker Quiet Flow muffler yet, but it's my other possible option.

If anybody knows of any good stainless steel, quiet, high flow, mufflers, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #12 of 23 Old 09-12-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

I've started a thread with all of the JeepSWAG product updates. There's a pic and a link to more pics, of the new exhaust system.

Here's the thread:

JeepSWAG Product Update Page

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #13 of 23 Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
JKO Addict!

not to be a d*ck

But why don' t you just buy a new magnaflow muffler $70 with the right size ends, two clamps, and install that yourself? Just cut the rear exhaust right behind the stock muffler? Easy cheep fix...plus you get lots of power...the stock exhaust is stainless to begin with
post #14 of 23 Old 07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

All mandrel bent stainless steel. and Hi clearance muffler relocation kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
But why don' t you just buy a new magnaflow muffler $70 with the right size ends, two clamps, and install that yourself? Just cut the rear exhaust right behind the stock muffler? Easy cheep fix...plus you get lots of power...the stock exhaust is stainless to begin with
it is not just about putting a new muffler on it is about clearance and not smashing it when your wheeling

Just Want To Wheel
post #15 of 23 Old 07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08jk4door View Post
it is not just about putting a new muffler on it is about clearance and not smashing it when your wheeling

Just Want To Wheel
post #16 of 23 Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
You wouldn't get nearly the clearance. The Muffler tuck way up with my system. You also get rid of the factory dent at the top of the axle bend - better flow. Finally, the tip at the end, takes a turn down. You'd have to have something made, which I doubt would end up mandrel bent, unless you spent a couple hundred dollars.

I think a much better question is why would anybody spend $400 - $600 for anything other than my kit?

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #17 of 23 Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM
14ers

I'll vouch. Sawzall, big slotted pliers and a couple wrenches and in less time then it takes my wife to get ready, I removed the OEM, replaced with the Woods setup, tok a shower and waited in the Toad by driving circles in the court. She did notice that it sounded different, though.

To be fair, that was the original kit. Later on I had to add the swaybar spacers.

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #18 of 23 Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
JKO Addict!

I understand...

I totally understand the pipe going over the rear axle..how it pinches slightly... I"ve got the cool tech set up...they give you a new pipe for just that section. But even with your pictures and my cool tech set up...it still doesn't put the muffler higher up...it just relocates in between the frame rails.

I think your kit rocks...I"m just saying either your kit or the cool tech kit doesn't mount everything higher up under the jeep. Right....or am I wrong... from the looks of your picture...its level with the pipe

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #19 of 23 Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I totally understand the pipe going over the rear axle..how it pinches slightly... I"ve got the cool tech set up...they give you a new pipe for just that section. But even with your pictures and my cool tech set up...it still doesn't put the muffler higher up...it just relocates in between the frame rails.

I think your kit rocks...I"m just saying either your kit or the cool tech kit doesn't mount everything higher up under the jeep. Right....or am I wrong... from the looks of your picture...its level with the pipe
You are correct that it stays level with the pipe - on the driver's side of the muffler. The Passenger's side is much higher. The muffler is also place as far back as possible. This allows the rear lower control are to provide some additional protection.

My kit and the cool tech kit are apples and oranges though. My kits are all CNC mandrel bent, manufactured by one of the top performance exhaust companies, in the U.S. the sound of my muffler is much deeper than the magnaflow mufflers (I switched from magnaflow).

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #20 of 23 Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
JKO Addict!

alright..

I see. Thats cool..

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #21 of 23 Old 08-06-2009, 05:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Do you still have plans to release the "shorty" exhaust system? I saw you mentioned it awhile back but there have been no updates. This is something I'm interested in.

Thanks!
post #22 of 23 Old 08-06-2009, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
Do you still have plans to release the "shorty" exhaust system? I saw you mentioned it awhile back but there have been no updates. This is something I'm interested in.

Thanks!
Yes. The issue has been finding an off the shelf muffler hanger/isolator that will mount to the evap can bolts. I'll have to put some more time into it.

Brett

Buy Woods Kits at:

post #23 of 23 Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Yes. The issue has been finding an off the shelf muffler hanger/isolator that will mount to the evap can bolts. I'll have to put some more time into it.

Brett
Awesome, thanks Brett. Looking forward to that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode