JK-Trunk - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-03-2008, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8
Feedback: 0 reviews
JK-Trunk

Hi,

I just made this rear cargo parcel for my JK unlimited 08 Sahara.

For the moment only available for soft top but working to fit freeedom top also

I am thinking about may be selling a detailed drawing with full scaled template or sale a ready to install unit.

I will appreciate all comments thanks
Ed

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...arcelshelf.jpg
Manu17e is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Dr.Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia Ca
Posts: 8,628
Garage
Feedback: 21 reviews

looks nice id be interested

www.jeepasylum.com
Dr.Dirty is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 08-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Granite Guru
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: All Over
Age: 44
Posts: 389
Feedback: 0 reviews

That looks really nice. How does it stay attached? How strong is it? Is there wood underneath the black cover?
Jason is offline  
post #4 of 21 Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
JKowners Vendor
 
a plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,528
Feedback: 3 reviews

looks clean, matches the lines of the Jeep well, nice work.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
a plumber is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 10,250
Feedback: 0 reviews

Id be interested in this.

Yeah, what's the durability/waht is it made of? Can you show how it opens etc?
karnuvore is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Alec W
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Looks well made. I want to make something simmilar but also put things on the top.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 10,250
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Looks well made. I want to make something simmilar but also put things on the top.
Maybe some metal tie downs like on a boat? Good idea.
karnuvore is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27
Feedback: 0 reviews

I'd be interested as well. What's it made of and what kind of cost to make or buy?
Febmoon1 is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 12-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MASSACHUSETTES
Posts: 104
Feedback: 0 reviews

smooth look. i would like it to kind my sub boxes in the summer when the top is MIA. I would definately be interested
BLACKJK08 is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Rock God
 
ONLYSUPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 1,502
Feedback: 1 reviews

Any answers for this questions.

JKOutcast Member
ONLYSUPER is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
JKO Addict!
 
PUDDLZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 2,615
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Here is the answer

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=21

I've got it and swear by it.
PUDDLZ is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: las vegas
Posts: 24
Feedback: 0 reviews

I think it looks sweet and would like the plans/template.
lv jk is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Rock God
 
beagsjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: TELFORD,PA
Age: 42
Posts: 1,063
Feedback: 2 reviews

I 'am very interested..tell us the details..and $$$$$$$$$$$$.
beagsjeep is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
i want an umbrella.
 
mikeyfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: apollo beach, fl
Age: 36
Posts: 2,872
Garage
Feedback: 3 reviews

also interested in the details of the cover.
mikeyfl is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Rock God
 
ONLYSUPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 1,502
Feedback: 1 reviews

Any updates?

JKOutcast Member
ONLYSUPER is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 PM
JKO Addict!
 
BeerMonkeY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lake Winola, PA
Age: 39
Posts: 6,264
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

i built something similar to this for my old YJ way back and before i covered it i put down some 3" foam then covered it in marine vynl so it was soft to sit on i made my seam in the middle and hinged it so it un folded to take it out. think ill make another one for my JK after seeing how this looks

'91 YJ-woods beater-lift and stuff
'98 ZJ-5.9 lowered street jeep
'13 WK2-5.7 daily tow pig
BeerMonkeY is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 56
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu17e View Post
...I just made this rear cargo parcel for my JK unlimited 08 Sahara... ...I will appreciate all comments thanks
Ed
Please let us know how you like it now and have you figured out how to be able to keep the freedom top on it too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
That looks really nice. How does it stay attached? How strong is it? Is there wood underneath the black cover?
2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
Id be interested in this.

Yeah, what's the durability/what is it made of? Can you show how it opens etc?
3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febmoon1 View Post
I'd be interested as well. What's it made of and what kind of cost to make or buy?
4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYSUPER View Post
Any answers for this questions.
5X

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv jk View Post
I think it looks sweet and would like the plans/template.
6X

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagsjeep View Post
I 'am very interested..tell us the details..and $$$$$$$$$$$$.
7X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfl View Post
also interested in the details of the cover.
8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLYSUPER View Post
Any updates?
9X



Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
i built something similar to this for my old YJ way back...
Do you have any shots of it? Advice for those who are interested in following down this path?
OutdoorDad is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Grant211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Age: 40
Posts: 5,747
Feedback: 0 reviews

bumpity bump... whats the word...any plans on making this into a "WRITE-UP"?

Grant211 is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 52
Feedback: 0 reviews

I built something that looked almost exactly the same as this for my 2 dr, once I have a few spare moments I will be building one for the new 4 dr. Its prety simple, plywood with some slide style door locks. The holes on the rear roll cage members are at the perfect height to lock into.

I sprayed the plywood with marine grade water sealer and then covered it with the vinyl. The expensive part was the vinyl, spent $100 on a roll but had enough to cover two of these as I made one for a friend as well. The other materials were all less than $50, including the plywood. You could cover with gray carpet to match the interior for much cheaper.

The back piece was done to prevent someone from just folding down the rear seat and getting under the lid.

Only changes I will likely make are to add some rails/channel to the tops to attach webbing straps if I want to put anything on top.

Don't mean to hijack a vendor's thread but hadn't seen any other responses from them and this is a fairly easy piece to make with a couple of hours time.

btw I know the one shown is without a softtop, the cover I made for my friend's was for a soft top, just an extra few cuts in the back.
Attached Images
         
JKCobra is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Grant211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Age: 40
Posts: 5,747
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCobra View Post
I built something that looked almost exactly the same as this for my 2 dr, once I have a few spare moments I will be building one for the new 4 dr. Its prety simple, plywood with some slide style door locks. The holes on the rear roll cage members are at the perfect height to lock into.

I sprayed the plywood with marine grade water sealer and then covered it with the vinyl. The expensive part was the vinyl, spent $100 on a roll but had enough to cover two of these as I made one for a friend as well. The other materials were all less than $50, including the plywood. You could cover with gray carpet to match the interior for much cheaper.

The back piece was done to prevent someone from just folding down the rear seat and getting under the lid.

Only changes I will likely make are to add some rails/channel to the tops to attach webbing straps if I want to put anything on top.

Don't mean to hijack a vendor's thread but hadn't seen any other responses from them and this is a fairly easy piece to make with a couple of hours time.

btw I know the one shown is without a softtop, the cover I made for my friend's was for a soft top, just an extra few cuts in the back.

Dude, thats awesome and i love the slide door locks. I'm pretty sure we don't have a vendor selling these (opportunity knocking). If you make one for a 4 door and it's relatively cheap PM me!
Grant211 is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Granite Guru
 
BoomerNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 243
Feedback: 0 reviews

I think I'm going to give this a shot too & try to make something... I don't like anything that's out there now & these look awesome! I don't know when I'll have the time, but I'll take lots of pics when I get it started & post 'em up! Maybe I'll do a template this weekend with some cardboard & get it started...

Boomer (aka Chris)
'07 X 2Dr, Steel Blue Metallic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.5" BB, Black wheels & 33's...
BoomerNJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome