The baddest rockers on the market! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL
The baddest rockers on the market!

Got my RedRockFab rockers installed this week. Went to the trail to snap a couple photos. Took a couple of the RedRockFab front bumper as well. I have already had a chance to use both and they are rock solid.

I am happy as I could be with my choice for both. I am proud to rock these peicies of art. Check out the pics and tell me what you think.

-Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned

post #3 of 20 Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
gcg

Those look really great! I'm interested in the rockers. I've been shopping around a bit for some and those look like they may go to the top of the list.

How was the install? The pictures on their web site seem to show three bolts in the front mounting brackets but it looks like only one in the rear, though I can't tell for sure with the angle of the picture.

How do you place and hold the nuts on the inside of the frame?
post #4 of 20 Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 PM
JKO Addict!

lookin' good!!!

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #5 of 20 Old 07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

never seen such an awesome mod broken in so quickly. doesnt even look like you had to abuse them...more like a mad scientist laughing insanely at his creation, screaming "ITS ALIVE!!!". Thats the mental image i got. To date, these are the toughest looking sliders ive seen. The natural finish on the skid portion...compliments the silver jeep as well.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Rock God

looks good

too bad they cant be used as a step, (the only reason i still have my shrock rails, as i use them as a step daily)
post #7 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
looks good

too bad they cant be used as a step, (the only reason i still have my shrock rails, as i use them as a step daily)

They can make you one that is a step. The tophoop goes straight out, horizontal. I seen an unfinished pair in person. They are a wide step yet still a very capable rock rail....

Look in this thread, there is a pic of the step style rockers. Keep in mind it was only a test fitting, no finish and the skins were just sitting there..
Red Rock Fab JK Rocker Guards
post #8 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
The natural finish on the skid portion...compliments the silver jeep as well.
Personnaly I was worried about how it would look. The natural finish looks so good on red, blue, green, every color really. I was not sure how it would look on silver. Turns out it looks REALLY nice and I am glad I went this route instead of just a standard tube slider
post #9 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg View Post
How was the install?
It was pretty simple. I am working on a write up now so that should be available soon. Basically you just need to drill 5 holes. Otherwise the instal is nothing more then turning bolts.

Quote:
The pictures on their web site seem to show three bolts in the front mounting brackets but it looks like only one in the rear, though I can't tell for sure with the angle of the picture.
The 4 door may be a little different then the two door but I think overall it is the same. Basically, one bolt in the side of each Body mount bracket and on the bottom it uses factory bolts and holes. On the two door, I did need to drill one hole on the bottom, on the 4 door you may need more. Here is a picture of the bracket if this helps, you can see both holes in it.

Quote:
How do you place and hold the nuts on the inside of the frame?
Good question! They did think of that one and didn't leave us hangin to figure out ourselves, lol. Basically, it is just a wire welded to it. It is actually not to hard to get lined up as I thought it would be. Here is a pic from the outside. Basically, I just bent the witre to shape outside the rail, put it in through the hole till I saw it lined up properly and threaded the bolt. Pretty straightforward really

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 07-21-2008 at 10:29 AM.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
gcg

Thanks Scott for the additional install information and the pictures. I have the 2 door so your descriptions were just what I needed. I'll look forward to your writeup!
post #11 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Scott for the additional install information and the pictures. I have the 2 door so your descriptions were just what I needed. I'll look forward to your writeup!
Oh thats right! Sorry, I for some reason was thinkin you had a 4 door!
post #12 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Alec W

They look great Scott
post #13 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
looks good

The ONLY reason! So, other than the step feature you're unhappy with the Shrockworks rails. Why?
post #14 of 20 Old 07-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

I am going with these sliders as well.l Waiting on my Email from Jason... Cannot wait.....
post #15 of 20 Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
JKowners Vendor

lookin good man!

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #16 of 20 Old 07-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

looks good

NATE

post #17 of 20 Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Nice

Dedicating the next four years to throwing the bum(s) out!

The One Constant in an Ever Declining Civilization...Me!

Putting the SWAT Back in Conservative Values
post #18 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Granite Guru

I like those.

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

post #19 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Granite Guru

Those sliders look super beefy, my only concern would be the loss of clearance as they appear to stick out 3 to 4 inches from the body tub. I think I will stick with my original decision on the poly sliders. The RRF do look super sweet tho!

post #20 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93country View Post
Those sliders look super beefy, my only concern would be the loss of clearance as they appear to stick out 3 to 4 inches from the body tub. I think I will stick with my original decision on the poly sliders. The RRF do look super sweet tho!

I also was gonna get the Poly sliders. I went back and forth. My thinking ended up being the opposite though. I oppted for these sliders so I can have a little body protection. Having them stick out little goes a long ways in keeping the body/doors off the rocks and dirt. You don't lose any clearence really. They only stick out a couple inches. if you had no sliders at all you would want to be at least that far away from a rock to keep from hitting it.

I do think the Poly ones would be nice if I still lived in Washington. I imagine they just slide right over roots and mud so nicely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode