RED ROCK FAB pre runner bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL
Thumbs up RED ROCK FAB pre runner bumper

Today I got my Red Rock Fab front Pre Runner Winch bumper installed. I had a Schrockworks stubby and PIAA Fogs. In a earllier thread I mentioned I would sell my Shchrockworks to get this bumper. I kinda said it on a whim but I got a couple PM's about it so I decided what the hell. So anyway, I relocated my winch solenoid and installed the bumper. I still need to get a relay for the factory fogs but, I was just wondering what you guys think.

I am very happy. I feel it is a little more my style and slightly more aggressive. I could not be happier with the build quality and red Rock's customer service is top notch. I had to wait 5 months for my Schrockworks and was lied to the entire time. This bumper was ready to go on the day I paid!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

before:

After:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

post #3 of 31 Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Wheeler

yes please!
post #4 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Alec W

I like it a lot
post #5 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
...... I was just wondering what you guys think.
I like the lines of the bumper, but absolutely do not like the winch being that exposed. The first bumper and winch combo was a much cleaner setup.
post #6 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Just me, but I like the Shrockworks set up better....my dos centavos.

Dedicating the next four years to throwing the bum(s) out!

The One Constant in an Ever Declining Civilization...Me!

Putting the SWAT Back in Conservative Values
post #7 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I like the lines of the bumper, but absolutely do not like the winch being that exposed. The first bumper and winch combo was a much cleaner setup.

Hey thanks for the opinions guys! I liked both bumpers alot so it is hard to really make an opinion. One of the reasons I liked the Red Rock better was because the winch was exposed, lol. After a while the Schrockworks just seemed like a boring tub that was missing something. Felt the new one was a little more aggressive and had a little more personality.

The reason I originally bought the Schrockworks was for the reason you mentioned about it looking like a clean setup. What started to bother me is the ends. Why did they not cap it off or something? It started to look exposed on the ends and bulky as hell with the skid.

IDK, I really like 'em both. This one is built much stronger and will fit into my overall plan better so I am happy...

post #8 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
JKowners Vendor

Looks good!

That is funny i did not see you in my garage over the weekend, how did you get this done?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #9 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Looks real good Scott.

By the way, I am real happy you decided to switch...that shrockworks just didn't look right on silver!!!
post #10 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Jeep View Post
Looks real good Scott.

By the way, I am real happy you decided to switch...that shrockworks just didn't look right on silver!!!

Haha, glad you like it. (this is the guy that bought the Schrockworks)

It was nice meeting you. We will have to hit up some trails once you get your lift and tires on! If you are heading out to some trials shoot me a message! I have been busy latley but most the time I am down to go on the weekends
post #11 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber View Post
Looks good!

That is funny i did not see you in my garage over the weekend, how did you get this done?

Out in the parking lot again, lol.

I was kinda surprised, I have a power inverter that I run my angle grinder on. I was out in that abandoned Target at dusk cutting the blocker bar off. Sparks were flying..a cop drove by and I thought he was gonna kick me out but he didn't even stop! Guess cutting metal there is acceptable, lol
post #12 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Openly Hostile

I dig it man, one of these says I'm gonna weld some tube on my bumper to give it a stinger.

Jason
post #13 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Granite Guru

thanks all around for the pics! I have a silver JK and am seriously looking at this bumper(or the low-profile version). I've also been wondering about how it would look without the blocker beam. I don't have a rubi so I was probably gonna hack mine off too. I like the Shrockworks bumper, it is a "safe" choice, but the Red Rock bumper looks good too. It is not everybody's thing though, so you will get the love it and hate it people!

EDIT: Can you comment about the approach angle of the two? They look pretty similar, just wondered if that was true.

Last edited by MOAB4ME; 06-29-2008 at 11:00 PM.
post #14 of 31 Old 06-29-2008, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB4ME View Post
thanks all around for the pics! I have a silver JK and am seriously looking at this bumper(or the low-profile version). I've also been wondering about how it would look without the blocker beam. I don't have a rubi so I was probably gonna hack mine off too. I like the Shrockworks bumper, it is a "safe" choice, but the Red Rock bumper looks good too. It is not everybody's thing though, so you will get the love it and hate it people!
Yah, I had to hack that thing off, lol. I only hacked it off at the bottom for now. When I have some time I think I am gonna hack it off just below the second hole from the top. I had a chance to see the low profile hoop bumpers to. They look really nice and not so aggresive. I know they sold quite a few of them over the last week so hopefully we will get some pics installed. I like the way you said the Shrocks is a "safe" choice. I was searching for the words but couldn't find them, I think that sums it up pretty good.
post #15 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Haha, glad you like it. (this is the guy that bought the Schrockworks)

It was nice meeting you. We will have to hit up some trails once you get your lift and tires on! If you are heading out to some trials shoot me a message! I have been busy latley but most the time I am down to go on the weekends
Sure thing man. Will be installing the lift Wednesday, so I will be ready soon.
post #16 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB4ME View Post

EDIT: Can you comment about the approach angle of the two? They look pretty similar, just wondered if that was true.

Well, honestly, I feel like that area rarley gets hit. With that said it is better on the Red Rock bumper. However, If I would have removed the disco skid on the shrockworks and hacked off the blocker bar it would have been about the same. Theyy sit about the same height on the bottom but, the red rock does not stick out forward as far. The bottom of it slants in as close as you can get. The only way to get it any more snug to the frame rails on the red rock would be to make the bolts go through the front of the bumper. The Red rock is built more solid so it is a tad heavier. I did not notice it making the front sit any lower but I suppose that could be a consideration when we are talking about minute clearence differences

So in the end, I feel they are really about the same but, physically, the red rock offers more clearence.

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 06-30-2008 at 12:59 AM.
post #17 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
I dig it man, one of these says I'm gonna weld some tube on my bumper to give it a stinger.

I considered that originally before I made the trade. I was a little concerened about the thickness of the Schrockworks in that area though. But I doubt it will ever take a hit there so it really wouldn't have mattered.

What kind of bumper do you have?
post #18 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 06:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks great Scott. Glad you made the swap. You'll be happy. I like mine more every time I look at it. As you know I had the AEV bumper before I switched to the Red Rock and one of the reasons I bought the AEV was that the winch sat down in the bumper. It was a tight fit and I still have slight gouges in my winch from contacting the bumper. It was also a lot harder to clean the winch, but the biggest reason I like it on top better is that I won't dunk it as much.
post #19 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
I considered that originally before I made the trade. I was a little concerened about the thickness of the Schrockworks in that area though. But I doubt it will ever take a hit there so it really wouldn't have mattered.

What kind of bumper do you have?
I have the Expedition One Basix DX. It wont win any contests for being pretty, but it does exactly what it is supposed to - which is hold my winch, haha.

Jason
post #20 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Looks great Scott. Glad you made the swap. You'll be happy. I like mine more every time I look at it...
It is funny you say that. I do the same thing, lol. I sometimes park in a way that I get a better looka t it walking back, lol. Pictures just don't capture it really, in person it just stands out nicely
post #21 of 31 Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Wheeler

bumper

Yeah, that bumper looks a lot better than the shrock IMO. Weld some light tabs just outside the bar and mount some lights and that thing would look SWEET!
post #22 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep
post #23 of 31 Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback1 View Post
Yeah, that bumper looks a lot better than the shrock IMO. Weld some light tabs just outside the bar and mount some lights and that thing would look SWEET!
Actually, my plan is to bolt some "L" brackets to the backside of the fairlead bolts and install some KC Slim Lights. If you mount tabs outside the bars, you'll block the turn signals.
post #24 of 31 Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Wheeler

Quote:

How much $ for the pre-runner bumper? where did you buy it?
post #25 of 31 Old 09-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolly888 View Post
How much $ for the pre-runner bumper? where did you buy it?
http://www.redrockfab.com

Might want to call first.

I know Jason shut down Red Rock 4x4 last month.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode