PSC JK Cylinder Assist Steering - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-22-2008, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Wheeler

Thanks for your post. I just returned from the Sequoia National Forest and we were talking about replacing our steering gear boxes. Mine is already leaking. Every trip off-road I'm reminded of the crap components that Jeep used to build the JK.
Has anyone used the PSC products? If so, please give us a little feedback!!!
post #3 of 8 Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

I used to have a PSC setup on my Blazer. It took awhile to get the air out of the system, but once I did it was great. I had no problems with it. Also my buddy runs a PSC setup with 44 boggers and he loves it.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Rock God

A PSC ram assist is definately needed on a JK with larger than stock tires. The problems I have had with the JK steering system is the fluid get hot and the power steering quits working, the steering system does not have enought power and the long sector shaft in the steering box will twist then break. The PSC kit resolves all of these issure with adding a ram to increase the steering power and remove stress from the steering box, also adding more fluid to the system to reduce heat, I would add a cooler if you are installing this sytems. We are putting this system on our JK's shortly, we will do a full write-up we we get it done.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #5 of 8 Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Wheeler

Thanks Goat1. I waiting for your write-up before I purchase. I agree the system is weak. During each trip the odor of cooking power steering fluid is present (even prior to the leak). I'm replacing the fluid today, I know it must be degraded. I've never run a cooler on the power steering. Does Poly sell one or can you point me in the right direction?
post #6 of 8 Old 03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrication View Post
Thanks Goat1. I waiting for your write-up before I purchase. I agree the system is weak. During each trip the odor of cooking power steering fluid is present (even prior to the leak). I'm replacing the fluid today, I know it must be degraded. I've never run a cooler on the power steering. Does Poly sell one or can you point me in the right direction?
We sell a lot of PSC, they have a few different coolers available, they tell me the extruded aluminum heat sink ones work well, they are not on our website yet, but we'll load them soon. They do not have one made specifically for a JK, I'll figure out what works well on ours and make any necessary bracket to help mounting it if needed.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #7 of 8 Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Wheeler

Outstanding. I'm in dire need.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Wheeler

Any follow up

Just wanted to see if any follow up was done on this item. I am interested in purchasing this, but I keep seeing mixed reviews. Also, there is a trail and street model and an extreme duty version for the JK. Other than cylinder size, whats the major difference? Lastly, who has the best price? Thanks all.

One Major Pork Eating Crusader!!
2007 Black 2 dr. Rubi, 3.5 Rock Krawler Mid-arm X plus, Shrockworks Mid front and sliders,Warn RC winch, Walker Evans beadlocks, 37in. BFG KX, Rockhard rear carrier, 5.13 gears. Red Neck Ram, This thing is a tank!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode