Poly Performance JK Rocker Guards----------> ***NOW AVAILABLE*** - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
PIG
JKowners Vendor

Poly Performance JK Rocker Guards----------> ***NOW AVAILABLE***

Description:
-Available for the 2-door or 4-door Jeep JK
-High clearance rocker guards are designed to withstand hard impacts and heavy trail use
-Complete coverage from flare to flare and from door opening to below the body mounts
-Numerous attachment points including several stock body mounts
-Fabricated from 3/16" Laser-Cut Steel
-Powdercoated semi-gloss black
-Includes hardware kit
-Best Jeep JK Rocker Guards out there!
-Rubicon tested and trail-approved
-Sold in pairs

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
lbh
Rock God

I have these on my unlimited and they are well built. The quality, powdercoat, and overall fit and finish are second to none. I would highly recomend these. I know that Quadratec is selling these now.

Last edited by lbh; 11-13-2007 at 09:49 PM.
post #3 of 61 Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Wheeler

Mr PIG, tell us about the front bumper.
post #4 of 61 Old 10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Fistfull of Boomstick

Those are sooooooo fawking pimp

I keep procrastinating making my own.

Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #5 of 61 Old 10-22-2007, 01:50 PM
lbh
Rock God

The are really solid! I have a front a rear bumper set up from them as well and the stuff is awesome. The rear bumper is extremely smooth and does not require any effort to open or shut it even with a 37" tire. But back to the rockers, I can't express just how top nitch the quaility is in these rockers. The fit and finish is superb and the protection is fantastic.

2007 JK
post #6 of 61 Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Granite Guru

I know we've got quite a few of these out there now. Any thoughts?

Garrett @ Poly Performance
(805)-783-2060
Ext 200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 61 Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydoo View Post
I know we've got quite a few of these out there now. Any thoughts?
Well. Personally. I won't have my JK until at least January or so but in my process to try to line up a few items I know that are definites on my build.... I am ordering a set of these.
post #8 of 61 Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
TrailDuty.com

Those are the best looking rocker protectors for the JK I've seen so far, and if they are like the rest of Poly's gear, they will be tough too.
post #9 of 61 Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Alec W

I have a feeling Iím going to end up with a lot of Poly gear. Now I just need a JK to put it all on
post #10 of 61 Old 11-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Any word on when the PolyP rear bumper/tire carrier will be available or any sneak peaks?
post #11 of 61 Old 11-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
I have a feeling Iím going to end up with a lot of Poly gear. Now I just need a JK to put it all on
Same deal here. We can't get the Rubicon model on the island, so I have to wait until I'm back stateside. The only plus side is I'm not chomping at the bit to have the parts released. Figure PolyPro will have everything out for the JK by 2009, so should be good!

I really do want to see what the bumper (front/rear) is going to look like, though, just for drooling purposes.
post #12 of 61 Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
Any word on when the PolyP rear bumper/tire carrier will be available or any sneak peaks?
PIG and GOAT1 would be the dudes to talk to on that one, but they're south of the border for the 1000 right now. For the moment we're really focusing on getting our Suspension Components out the door, so the bumpers probably won't be in full production until after the first of the year.

I know that lbh has our prototypes installed, and I don't think the production model is too far off from that design. Until Monday when PIG and GOAT1 return, I'd bug that guy for some pics.

Garrett @ Poly Performance
(805)-783-2060
Ext 200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 61 Old 11-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Cool, thanks.

I sent him a PM and link to this thread so hopefully he can post a few pics here!

I have yet to find the right rear bumper and I am terrible at waiting! Hopefully my stocker holds together long enough
post #14 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
lbh
Rock God

I sent WTF LOL a few photos of the bumpers and rear basket along with a few notes. I beleive he will get these posted soon. WTF LOL, post them under the thread on POLYs bumpers as well.

2007 JK

Last edited by lbh; 12-22-2007 at 08:43 PM.
post #15 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
lbh
Rock God

I would post the photos ASAP, but evert atempt tells me I have exceeded my limit for KB. Yes, i shrunk the photos.

2007 JK
post #16 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

OK, exciting stuff. Thanks Shaggy for that tip. I sent lbh a PM and he does in fact have some PolyP proto's on his badass rig. He sent those to me and I posted them below!

Thank lbh, and by the way, great looking rig.

The pics are a little small but man is this stuff nice! He had some pics of the front winch bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and a rack for the cargo area.

I really like the front bumper and if I had seen this before I got my Schrockworks stuby I would have gone this route. The rear bumper is what I am interested in though. I have been looking for one and this is the first I have seen and I really want it! PolyP, you hear that! Sell me one, lol!! I will buy a proto and give feedback and post whore it all over!!!

Can't wait, any word on when these are available and I am curious on how Jerry cans would mount...

Here is some words about it;
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbh
These are the front and rear bumpers for the JK from Poly Performance. These are prototypes and a few changes will be made from my understanding (I donít work for Poly). Apparently, Poly is going to make a mount for the lic plate on the passenger side were it wont be sp vulnerable. I also recall the possibility of a High Lift Mount and some mounts for Jerry cans. As for the front, I believe Poly is going to attempt to incorporate the factory fog lamps into the bumper. I have a Warn Powerplant in the garage, and they are currently making a few mods to allow this winch to work with this bumper. The quality of these Prototypes is very very high! With the exception of a few areas of rust (hinge and handle are not coated yet, but I am certain they will be on the production run) The welds are second to none and the overall fit and finish Is great. These bumpers offer a ton of protection. I am certain that Poly will have great success with these as a lot of time and energy went into the development. I know they are looking for feedback with regards to the tire placement. I like it high, but it does cut down on the rear view, you can see out the back with my 37 inch tire. I like it high though as it has great clearance and departure angles. I also took some photos of the rear basket, this was on display at the off road expo. The quality is awesome, I canít speak enough about Polyís work quality. The rack does NOT RATTLE and is very strong. In fact it looks factory! The rack doubles the workable storage place. Again, sorry for the night photos, I just wanted to get them to you ASAP. Let me know if you want anything specific. The Jeep is also sitting on Poly Performances Synergy system with the Fox Shocks. Good luck, give Poly Performance a call, they are very helpful and will take as much time as you need to answer questions.

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 11-13-2007 at 09:16 PM.
post #17 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

post #18 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

post #19 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
lbh
Rock God

Thanks, the guys at Poly do great work. Everyone I talk to who has had experience with them has no complaints. The stuff is great and the prodution stuff will be even nicer if possible. I love the rack in back as well, It is perfect for a frindge, gear etc. Let me know if you want more photos. The Jeep has the Poly Suspension on it as wel, and I can't say enough about it. I will be putting on the Poly Tie rod and other poly itmes in a few weeks and will check back in.

2007 JK

Last edited by lbh; 12-22-2007 at 08:44 PM.
post #20 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned

lbh, just noticed something, are there schackle mounts on the rear bumper, or at least a good spot to weld some on? If not, hopefully PolyP can add some on the production model
post #21 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 PM
lbh
Rock God

Yes, there are mounts, nice ones welded in, I wish i would have had some day light photos. There are mounts both front and rear. The latch system on the rear is awesome, one hand, easy and rattle free. I have owned a Warn, and Currie set up on previous Jeeps, and this one is the best hands down. You cant even move the tire if you wanted to when secure so it is woblle and rattle free. The bearing assembly is not for wimps. this this is smooth and stout.

2007 JK

Last edited by lbh; 12-22-2007 at 08:44 PM.
post #22 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

ok thats enough. Please no more talk about this bumper/carrier. It is what I have been looking for and all this talk is just going to make life rough untill they are available and I have a poor level of patience, lol

want to sell yours?
post #23 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
lbh
Rock God

Yes be patient, it is worth the wait. The guys at Poly will get this stuff out soon, I believe you can pre-order, just watch the website, they update it often. I know they are focused on getting the new suspension systems on the shelves (don't get me going there either, this stuff is great quality and the ride on and off road is superb). Poly is working on a lot of JK products, they will have the basket in production soon, the tie rod (awesome stuff) and complete skids, I know the Rockers are ready to ship now and the suspension should be right behind them. The morons at on the "other board" wont post anything about poly and then take down the post so don't expect to find any info there as that board is a freaking joke and sell out.

2007 JK
post #24 of 61 Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

Yah, not really worried about the "other forum". I have been apart of a few forums over the years in different scenes and I have seen boards come and go, even ones that got pretty popular at one point. This forum is one of the fastest growing forums I have seen considering how many threads there are. There is almost as many members as threads and thats crazy.

Sorry about the off topic, lol
post #25 of 61 Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Rock God

Question on the mounting. Looks like everything bolts to the body? Is that correct? Doesn't look like you could get a hi-lift in on it anywhere to lift up on the body from the side.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode