has anyone seen the new artec jk front truss? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 325 Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

has anyone seen the new artec jk front truss?

Looks super sweet. Goes the full span of the axle and even has speed holes (dimples) as an option. Anybody in the know have any idea when they're gonna start production?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 325 Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 325 Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal4krawler View Post
has anyone seen the new artec jk front truss?
Well I have now. Looks fairly stout.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

post #4 of 325 Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'm a big fan of how it is both the short and long side not just the long. Take notice everybody else that makes trusses

post #5 of 325 Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Granite Guru

yeah, those look very beefy. I'm really considering getting that one when it goes on sale.
post #6 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
JKowners Vendor

Preorder coming next week.

ARTEC INDUSTRIES

1-855-ARTEC99 Like us on

Quick Links:

post #7 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Slow and Low

Yeah, their shit is sweet. I'm putting these in a TJ...

post #8 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Rock God

Truss for jk dana30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artec View Post

Preorder coming next week.
Can you PM me a quote? Shipped 70706
post #9 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

me too Artec... shipped to 77382. And can I get a discount for being the first one on JKO to mention the truss? LOL

post #10 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 07:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Damn, I like the short side support, thats one of my complaints with my PureJeep.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #11 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Rock God

Ok NEWB question time. Is this something that can be welded to the axle while it is still under the Jeep or does it require removal?

I'd also like to know a price for this. Looks great!

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #12 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Granite Guru

Guess I'm the hater here, but don't like how it doesn't connect both side of the axle (over the diff). Mine does, and replaces all 4 control arm mounts with much sturdier ones.

It's pretty, but I love the coverage of mine.

2008 RUBY UNLIMITED

T&T CUSTOMS
post #13 of 325 Old 07-13-2012, 09:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Damn, I like the short side support, thats one of my complaints with my PureJeep.
Same here. I wonder id they would just sell the short side separately? Over all I think it looks like a great product IMO.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #14 of 325 Old 07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Wow, that's one beefy looking part. Very cool.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #15 of 325 Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Seems to me that it would be a good idea to it some down force (come a long and a couple of blocks maybe) prior to welding this up, one to ensure straightness with the weight alone and two all of the welding draw.

I'll look through my weld procedures and find the correct electrode and procedure to weld to cast for the punkin. Iirc it needs to be welded differently, we don't mess with cast very often so I don't want to throw out miss information.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #16 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Very nice to be sure but looks like serious overkill to me for a stock housing. Lots of added weight too. If you've gotten to a point where you need a truss like that you're either jumping or pre-running your Heep, or are probably way past the point where what you really need is a much bigger complete aftermarket axle.

It will be popular though.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #17 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 12:07 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post
Ok NEWB question time. Is this something that can be welded to the axle while it is still under the Jeep or does it require removal?

I'd also like to know a price for this. Looks great!
This should be removed for installation. It probably could stay in but I think it'll be alot easier to install away from the vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
Guess I'm the hater here, but don't like how it doesn't connect both side of the axle (over the diff). Mine does, and replaces all 4 control arm mounts with much sturdier ones.

It's pretty, but I love the coverage of mine.
Thanks for the input. We've been working on the pros and cons of this for quite a long time. Typically most of our trusses are one piece tops that span end to end. This setup is a different animal though. We considered many different things when making this: price, ease of installation, weight, effect on stock housing, shipping lead time, etc. This design was determined to offer the best of all worlds: lower price because of lower manufacturing costs, easier to install because nothing stock has to be removed and welding can be minimized thus the effect on the stock housing is minimal, and weight is much lighter. We analyzed it in solidworks with a piece that bridged the two sides together and there were no significant advantages in strength but significant disadvantages in weight addition and cost to manufacture and thus overall selling price. Because its a production item we can keep on the shelf and don't have to make different versions every time, it'll ship very quickly. The cast center section is by far the most structurally sound part of the axle so it was determined to weld to it as its been done successfully with many other trusses previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
Same here. I wonder id they would just sell the short side separately? Over all I think it looks like a great product IMO.
Thanks. We will offer the short side separately but I think it'd look much better with matching sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
Seems to me that it would be a good idea to it some down force (come a long and a couple of blocks maybe) prior to welding this up, one to ensure straightness with the weight alone and two all of the welding draw.

I'll look through my weld procedures and find the correct electrode and procedure to weld to cast for the punkin. Iirc it needs to be welded differently, we don't mess with cast very often so I don't want to throw out miss information.
The casting section needs very little extra done to weld to properly, really just preheat and post heat. I'll have exact figures and instructions ready by shipping time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGER View Post
Very nice to be sure but looks like serious overkill to me for a stock housing. Lots of added weight too. If you've gotten to a point where you need a truss like that you're either jumping or pre-running your Heep, or are probably way past the point where what you really need is a much bigger complete aftermarket axle.

It will be popular though.
I think you'll be surprised. The whole truss weighs only 10.65 lbs. For perspective, it only weighs a little more than a gallon of milk. Its top plate makes it look very beefy but its by far the lightest truss we've made. It gets its strength from its structure and dimples. I know many guys that are in need of a truss that aren't ready for axle swaps. We feel this will make the stock axle a bonified option for keeping instead of forcing those who felt they had no other option than an axle swap.

ARTEC INDUSTRIES

1-855-ARTEC99 Like us on

Quick Links:

post #18 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

Thanks for all the requests for quotes. We will be posting up pricing soon. We're just wrapping up pictures and some of the other parts that will be optional for this set up. We're very excited to release this and its supporting parts. Stay tuned...

ARTEC INDUSTRIES

1-855-ARTEC99 Like us on

Quick Links:

post #19 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Granite Guru

I want one
post #20 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Thanks for the input. We've been working on the pros and cons of this for quite a long time. Typically most of our trusses are one piece tops that span end to end. This setup is a different animal though. We considered many different things when making this: price, ease of installation, weight, effect on stock housing, shipping lead time, etc. This design was determined to offer the best of all worlds: lower price because of lower manufacturing costs, easier to install because nothing stock has to be removed and welding can be minimized thus the effect on the stock housing is minimal, and weight is much lighter. We analyzed it in solidworks with a piece that bridged the two sides together and there were no significant advantages in strength but significant disadvantages in weight addition and cost to manufacture and thus overall selling price. Because its a production item we can keep on the shelf and don't have to make different versions every time, it'll ship very quickly. The cast center section is by far the most structurally sound part of the axle so it was determined to weld to it as its been done successfully with many other trusses previously.
Thank you for at least mentioning that you guys use a stress analysis tool and at least somewhat engineer a product for it's intended use...versus just garage engineering something and sending it out.

What loads were they tested at? Just out of curiosity.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #21 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Any plans for a full length rear truss? I'm getting ready to pick up your rear 4-link kit and I would really like a truss that picks up more of the axle tubes then the standard jk44 truss.
post #22 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I think you'll be surprised. The whole truss weighs only 10.65 lbs. For perspective, it only weighs a little more than a gallon of milk. Its top plate makes it look very beefy but its by far the lightest truss we've made. It gets its strength from its structure and dimples. I know many guys that are in need of a truss that aren't ready for axle swaps. We feel this will make the stock axle a bonified option for keeping instead of forcing those who felt they had no other option than an axle swap.
I stand corrected. Nicely done!

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #23 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
What loads were they tested at? Just out of curiosity.
I'll have to check. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
Any plans for a full length rear truss? I'm getting ready to pick up your rear 4-link kit and I would really like a truss that picks up more of the axle tubes then the standard jk44 truss.
We plan to have a truss similar to this for the rear. But if you are getting our 4-link kit, you'll likely need something that isn't using the stock bracket locations. Here's what we offer that'll work for the rear if using coilovers.

ARTEC INDUSTRIES

1-855-ARTEC99 Like us on

Quick Links:

post #24 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
JKowners Vendor

Here's a graphic highlighting some of the benefits, advantages, and features.

ARTEC INDUSTRIES

1-855-ARTEC99 Like us on

Quick Links:

post #25 of 325 Old 07-16-2012, 02:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

They are definitely nice and sturdy. I saw one on a freshly built TJ on a trial run then bound for Utah on Saturday.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode