General Poll Genright Large Capacity Gas Tank - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to newimage Send a message via Yahoo to newimage
Thumbs up General Poll Genright Large Capacity Gas Tank

How many JK owners would be interested in a larger Capacity Tank built by Genright. www.genright.com Yes I am a Genright Product Pimp I know MichaelW has been on me to beat up on Tony for this product but if can show him a list with names of people willing to purchase a tank maybe I can sway him for build after the first of the year.
Just post up with your comments.

Regards,
Rick
Genright

2005 Rubicon Unlimited 35z 4.88 ROCKKRAWLER long arm 31.5Gal Safari Tank GenRight Armour all the way around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by newimage; 11-20-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 04:11 AM
Granite Guru

I would like to see a nice one out there, especially if it's from a reputable company that I can trust.
post #3 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

I don't care if it's a smaller capacity tank, I just want one that tucks up above the frame rails on my Unlimited. I am very interested, as long as it isn't ridiculously priced. Thanks for asking !

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #4 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Rock God

I would like to see one made and fit where the stock muffler was..

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #5 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Rock God

I would be interested, but it's far down my list of mods at the moment. Pretty much

Remodel guest bath
Remodel master bath
landscape yard
pay for kids college prepay
jeep parts...

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

post #6 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

A larger capacity safari tank would be high on my list!

GenRight makes some top notch shiat!

Larger capacity safari tank tucked up between the frame rails like the TJ tank with bullet proof skid plate and I'm there!

Just don't forget to relocate the evap canister while your down there.

Oh and if you need to remove the JK "trunk" to fit more gas I'm all over that.

Then when you are done, I want a air reserve tank to put in the old gas tank location.

post #7 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
A larger capacity safari tank would be high on my list!

GenRight makes some top notch shiat!

Larger capacity safari tank tucked up between the frame rails like the TJ tank with bullet proof skid plate and I'm there!

Then when you are done, I want a air reserve tank to put in the old gas tank location.

X2!!!!
post #8 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
gcg

I'd be very interested in a tank that was flush with the frame rails. There are several inches of clearance wasted with the current arrangement and I'd love to recover them and top it off with a robust skid plate.

If it's possible to increase the capacity, all the much better. I'd even be interested in a split tank arrangement with part of it on each side.
post #9 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to xxxxBert338

Ditto, on all of the above.
post #10 of 38 Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Granite Guru

More clearance, tucked up between the frame rails. I would even give up a little capacity for that!!!! Please make one for us.
post #11 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
14ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Or Better View Post
X2!!!!
X3 !!!

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #12 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Granite Guru

I would love one that is at frame rail level with the same if not more capacity. Or even a split system having one smaller one on the other side.

07 Unlimited Shara, Auto, Hardtop, Silver, 18" factory wheels
post #13 of 38 Old 11-24-2007, 08:04 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
I don't care if it's a smaller capacity tank, I just want one that tucks up above the frame rails on my Unlimited. I am very interested, as long as it isn't ridiculously priced. Thanks for asking !
X2 My thoughts exactly.

Some form of armor option would also be a good idea.
post #14 of 38 Old 11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg View Post
There are several inches of clearance wasted with the current arrangement
Yes and no. yes it needs to be tucked up more to give back that wasted clearance. But then you have to deal with the skids for the t-case and tranny skids, which are just as low as the gas tank.

Getting the gas tank out of the way is definitely required, especially considering the flimsy skid plate that's on it, but maximize on the clearance the other skids need to be dealt with too.
post #15 of 38 Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Wheeler

Sign me up. I had an enduro tank on my TJ. Just get it up to the frame rails and I'll be happy.

Andy

SOLD: JK on AiROCK w/37's and other stuff.
post #16 of 38 Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post

yes.

post #17 of 38 Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Wheeler

I would get one in a hart beat if it was relocated behind the rear axle. I dont mind if I lose fuel capacity either. They would have to be able to use the stock fuel pump though... thats probably going to be a big deciding factor. Considering how low the stock tank sits, you have to think thats for a reasion. That fuel pump must reach the bottom of the tank. Maybe they could use a TJ or YJ fuel pump assembly? Either way I think I would rather drag the ass-end of my Jeep than the belly.

Come on Gen-Right, build a "bolt in" package with fuel lines and everything needed.

EDIT: I would not mind cutting the floor on the JK to remove that "trunk" and covering the hole witha nice sealed up lid for easy access to the fuel pump......

'08 JK, 35's, 5.13's, and a Detroit.
post #18 of 38 Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thumbs up

Keep the Comments coming I got Tony really thinking JK we have some projects that we are finishing up. But I really think after the New Year we might need a JK Here to test fit a few items. Hey Mikey Ready to give up your JK for a few Weeks!

2005 Rubicon Unlimited 35z 4.88 ROCKKRAWLER long arm 31.5Gal Safari Tank GenRight Armour all the way around

post #19 of 38 Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Ipe
Rock God

I'd be interested in having one of these. I'd like it to be flush with the frame rails and with appropriate armor. I don't mind giving up some capacity, but would be equally happy to gain a bit too. The key things would be flush with the rails, armor, and all the necessary pieces parts needed for install.
post #20 of 38 Old 12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Granite Guru

I wouldn't mind an aux tank where the stock muffler is. Say 10 - 12 or more gallons???
post #21 of 38 Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 PM

tuck the gas tank up and put another on driver side relocate the evap above axle.
post #22 of 38 Old 12-15-2007, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Keep it coming! I will need a guinea pig to test fit after the first of the year and yes it will use the stock pump and sending unit. For location..we need to test fit and measure for clearance. Also I have had interest in a muffler skid for the rear? what up with that? I guess I need to get under a JK and get dirty

post #23 of 38 Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Or see it from above.....

Happy Holiday's Rick.

Tell Tony, I said build it and they will come.
post #24 of 38 Old 12-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post
I'd be interested in having one of these. I'd like it to be flush with the frame rails and with appropriate armor. I don't mind giving up some capacity, but would be equally happy to gain a bit too. The key things would be flush with the rails, armor, and all the necessary pieces parts needed for install.
Yep - what he said!

07 Jeep Green Rubi Unlimited, auto
Mods: Tuffy Cubby Storage Cover, Rugged Ridge grab handles, Shrockworks Sliders, Rock Hard Engine / Gas Tank Skids, Rhino-lined tub, Kilby Evap Can Relocation Kit, 16x8 Centerline Wilderness Series - Falcon Rims, 285/75/16 Interco SSRs, OME 2" HD Lift, PSC Diff Covers, Superwinch EPi 9.0, BulldogFab Rear Bumper, RedrockFab Front Bumper and skid
post #25 of 38 Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bump for the cause! Still looking for more comments

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode