JKOwners Forum banner

Abs and stability control lights are on and wont turn off

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  mvjeeper 
#1 ·
Hit a small bump last night and they turned on. Turned jeep off then on again and they went away. Leaving my destination i hit the littlest of bumps and they turned back on and wont turn off now. Any idea? No CEL and the esp light isnt on.

#3 ·
Steering wheel is straight, tires have the right psi for the tpms atleast. I went trail riding and had a lot of clay caked on, once i washed it all off the next morning my front brakes were making noise. I believe i might have damaged one but no CEL and the esp light (bottom left light) is not on

#11 · (Edited)
[so, you took wheels off and cleaned this heavy clay out from between dust shields and the rotors as well as from within the brake piston and inside flanges of your wheels, right? You get that additional weight or dried mud clogging up these parts and your gonna have wonky anti skid and or etc activation. Mud really has to be thoroughly cleaned out of these computer sensitive JKs brakes or it can cause this behavior.

For all the world it sounds like your piston cups are full of mud or one is seized from still having dried,heated clay ( hey, the ingredients of a brick! Hmmmm) You will be surprised at where you'll find huge,dried clumps of balance distorting mud behind your wheels. Ask me how I know this and illl throw in a hatred of mud for free ...:jeep2:

#10 ·
does no one else use imgur ?
If you simply make your images private - viewable by link only - when you upload them there ( imgur.com ) and then copy the Direct Link to paste within the little " image" add toolbar button up there , you can post images from your phone, pc,iPad ,wherever to your hearts content .
Everyone makes it far more difficult than it need be!

Maybe I'll do a bloody writeup ...

#9 ·
How many miles on the Jeep? Bad wheel bearing was causing mine to be lit up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.