JKOwners Forum banner

gladiator grill

20K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  ExWrench 
#1 ·
does anybody here have this on their jeep. just wanted to see how it look and what yall think

#8 ·
Holy Starwood, that's rough!

Looks like a vengeful trust-fund God threw up all over Fire Island.

Reactions: coilrod
#14 ·
Whoah, whoah, WHOAH!

Let's clear up a little terminology here so we're all on the same page

:thankyou:

This is a "Gladiator" grille for a JK:

I could possibly do this if it was available and I had the cash to blow on Mr Potato Head bullshit for my Jeep.

This is a "my Jeep is a lot stupid, a little stoned, and boring as shit to talk with" grille for a JK:

I would install this if a factory grille were somehow unavailable, and this cat turd of a styling option was free.

This is a "my Jeep is an angry, self-loathing closeted **** 'roid rage freak that has to shit really bad" grille for a JK:

Satan himself (or herself) would have to shove a flaming pitchfork up my ass to convince me to put that abortion on my Jeep for free.

If I had to pay to put that on the Jeep :cwm13:, I might just settle for a second pitchfork ride :laughing2:

:thefinger:

Attachments

#18 ·
If you keep the questions about mirror bolts in 1 thread, you hit your target audience better.
1) the grill is ugly
2) it is a cast aluminum housing and a steel bolt. You might be able to save it. Best place for replacement is local junk yard.

#22 · (Edited)
Opinion are like arse holes,everyone has one! It's your jeep,and if they don't like the look they don't have to get one.
This is true. However, if you tattoo a penis on your face, I reserve the right to point and laugh out loud. :thefinger:

If you're born with a deformity, only a shithead would ridicule you. If you electively add said deformity, :laughing:

Oh, and :laughing2:

#24 ·
You Will Scarlet sound like a " way of lifer ". Anyway you do ,you, i will keep enjoying my jeep the way I want it cause its mine and I pay for it ,not you. customizing your jeep is what makes owning one so great and I plan on doing it my way not what everyone thinks it should be like .

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

#25 ·
If you don't grow thicker skin, you won't last long here. Yes, you have the right to do whatever you want to your Jeep with your money. But don't expect no one to make fun of you for it.

And like it or not, you will be made fun of... :grin2:

Reactions: wrbrd@yahoo.com
#27 · (Edited)
atta-boy; let thy skin be thick , mate. It's tough but just man-up & wear that thing with pride!
Take that frown and turn it upside....dow....um...nevermind; it looks freaking stupid and angry even inverted.

:thefinger: :wink_animate:

(edit: I "get" that you dig the look, I have no issue with you enjoyying it and I 100% respect your right to enjoy and do whatever you want with your Jeep, to be clear. weelcome to jkowners :jeep2: )

#34 ·
Anyways my apologies to any that were offended. If ya don't mind my family actually gets on this forum and being this is supposed to be a family friendly forum keep it toned down please, Thank you.

In our defense... our families are all pretty screwed up!

No one around here is offended in the least. This place is full of honest opinions and sometimes those opinions are a bit harsh. There are other forums out there where validation can be found, but keep in mind that those forums can also be less than transparent. Heavily moderated forums can FEEL safe and "family-friendly"... Problem is that you begin to lose the candidness. This forum rarely censors or edits replies outside of tech. That's so that you can have an honest discussion. You may not like what's being said and you may not agree, but the reality is that you can save a lot of headaches and regret before spending time/ money on a particular "upgrade" after hearing the good, the bad, and the ugly. In the end it's all about "what works for you" and "screw what others say"... but if you're asking for opinions, then wouldn't you rather get some genuine answers rather than a bunch of sheep, zombies, or yes-men? I would and I hope that you're able to appreciate that.

BTW- "Family friendly" is subjective. Last time that I was in Toys-R-Us, I felt offended by probably a dozen toys that pissed, shit, belched, looked, felt, smelled, or sounded weird. The internet isn't any different.

#33 ·
[lQUOTE=wrbrd@yahoo.com;4212050]You Will Scarlet sound like a " way of lifer ". Anyway you do ,you, i will keep enjoying my jeep the way I want it cause its mine and I pay for it ,not you. customizing your jeep is what makes owning one so great and I plan on doing it my way not what everyone thinks it should be like .

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well i only like it if EVO makes it .. they dont soo... LOL

Honestly not the worst ive seen. Not my cup of tea but to each their own.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#35 ·
I like honesty and thank you for not blowing up at me.I hope to learn a lot from folks here and bounce information about setting up my "pony"lol!😕 I left way a life forum because of the constant bashing just because ya don't follow the brand or disagree with a statement made by one of the elite. They get a group of the sheep to go at ya till you leave .not a fun experience and it started feeling that way. Thanks for the better perspective of the site I appreciate it.

#36 ·
Absolutely. Honestly... This place is quite friendly from many aspects. I'm the first to admit that there are plenty of threads that I'd want to "pre-screen" before allowing my younger family members to read, but I'd feel that way about most any place on the web. Still kills me to this day, that parents allow their kids to roam free across the internet. Even in fairly tame forums, threads, etc... there's bound to be things of questionable/ mature nature.

Also... The guys here are really good at giving you the business in an instance like this. But the folks that stick around and don't take things too seriously and that are generally able to laugh at themselves a little bit... those are the ones that will find that these same "mean" guys are also the ones likely to give sound, experienced advice down the road... when you really need it. You should not ever feel as if every time that you post, you're going to be trolled, flamed, etc. That's definitely not acceptable unless you're actually trying to stir the pot.

Anyway... Good to have you here and I'd suggest sticking around. Truly... we're just a bunch of furry, ugly, little teddy bears around here.

#40 ·
Even though I love the Gladiator, it would still be a JK with a Gladiator grill. I have to have the whole Gladiator truck to have the grill, not just a fake grill on a JK. That being said, I don't think it's the nicest grill ever made by any Jeep manufacture. I think Willys mid 60's trucks and wagons has the title for the nicest grill. I have read that in a couple of 4wd mags. and I own one ! lol

#41 ·
Thanks so do you guys just talk about wheeling or do ya actually meet up and ride? I'm in Alabama and got till October and it's all mine,grill and all!👺love it!USMC-just got it,funny ha ha and from the comments maybe a little rainbow 🌈☁air cushion along with it?😮 Just kidding😆, ya but anyhow thank you truly for your and your loved ones sacrifice to help keep us in the,land of the free !🇺🇸 Ya know that grill looks a little like a devil dogish don't it?

#43 · (Edited)
Thanks so do you guys just talk about wheeling or do ya actually meet up and ride? I'm in Alabama and got till October and it's all mine,grill and all!��love it!USMC-just got it,funny ha ha and from the comments maybe a little rainbow ��☁air cushion along with it?�� Just kidding��, ya but anyhow thank you truly for your and your loved ones sacrifice to help keep us in the,land of the free !���� Ya know that grill looks a little like a devil dogish don't it?

check the regional sections. We even have social groups broken down by geo location . I mention this 'cause ya asked if we get together and wheel & just recently I was lamenting how we are all spread out across US but it'd be awesome to get to all wheel together. Many of the NorCal or Colorado members live conveniently near famous wheeling spots and have annual jko rides but lots of us East coast folks don't get to attend and I'm longing to get something together. There might not be as much public BLM locations as West of the river , but there are some awesome locations and OHVs in the SE too. I am not far from you and go every so often to Hawk's Pride or Stoney Lonesome in Alabama. I mainly am at Adventure Off-road Park or Wooly's Off Road near Alabama/Tenn boarder ,fwiw.
What part of 'roll Tide' do you live in?

Check out my latest post in the social group for the S.East :
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/groups/southeast-jk-owners.html

so, you got me started on wheeling with others ...I'm game !

:jeep2:
:wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.