JKOwners Forum banner

Hood bumpers and footman loop delete...

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  funfred 
#1 ·
Looking for ideas on replacement fasteners, something low profile.
I have no use for these OEM fixtures, I'll never unbolt my windshield for any reason other than to remove it completely, if ever.

I'm thinking some kind of flush-fit bolt in countersunk washers with rubber backing or some shit...

Any pics?
Any particular sources for this hardware that I can focus on?

I've looked at McMaster-Carr and MSC but, damn, countersunk washers are expensive if you don't want them to rust.
I may have to settle for flat washers (also fitted with rubber/plastic) but I'll be damned if I use some ugly-ass Phillips or hex head. I have plenty of low profile allen heads on hand but I don't think they're all that corrosion resistant - black finished alloy steel.

#4 ·
You're overthinking it. Black plastic hole plugs from the bins at Lowes. Couldn't be any lower profile, and it'll cost $4 for everything.
THIS ^^^
And I can contribute a few pics.

I never took any pics specifically of this "mod", but here's a few pics of my "shaved" hood with and w/o hood louver panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.