JKOwners Forum banner

17 JKU, what would you do?

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Hicks9528 
#1 ·
Hey folks,
I am new here but not the forums or mods to most of my vehicles. So hello.

I am buying a 2017 JKU early next year and I am on a budget like most of us. My goal is to get a base 24C package, I don't care about power windows. I am ordering with connectivity, alpine, auto with tracklock diff. Hardtop and the led headlight/fogs (if they look cheesy I'll sell).

When I say base I mean base model. 3.21s and all.

3.5 Rock Krawler with 37's is the plan.

Here is what I need some input on. What would you do to make the D30 last with moderate trails and overall a capable rig for trails but after that load the family up and roll over for some ice cream. I don't plan on lockers and and full rock crawler action so what I have bellow is my plan. I would love some insight on what you've done and what you would do different or now at all. I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong game place. See cart below.

***So I don't have enough post yet to upload pictures of my cart. I'll do so once my post count allows.***

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Chromoly Shafts, Gusset the C's,Truss and 4.88 gears.....I wheeled my pretty hard for 6 years running 37's. Yes I broke stuff, but it sounds like you won't be wheeling like me. I ran sleeves and gussets on my 30, but wouldn't recommend that route any longer. Just don't jump the Jeep and everything should be fine!!

Reactions: Hicks9528
#16 · (Edited)
I can't stand when people say this. Not like the Rubicon is $9300 more than a base model or anything. Even if someone ends up putting that much money into their sport, they might not be able to do it all at once, they might not have the credit to get approved on a 40k loan.
also personally I think you can throw 9k at a sport and make it better than a rubicon anyway.

#17 ·
Well boys, black Friday has been good so far. Took the advise of many and my own voice of reason and the PR44 with 5:13 and pro steer bj should be in soon. Couldn't pass up the deals. Also got the PSC rear bumper and Ace Engineering inner fenders. Should have a nice pile of parts when the Jeep arrives. I will check back soon.

#20 ·
Correct. Jeep should be here in January. I hate it too but Northridge black Friday deal on the PR44 was saving my around 600 bucks.

Ordered the Yukon 5:13 R/P with master set for the rear. I'll do shafts as needed. If I need a PR in the rear two things are happening. I'm wheeling where I shouldn't be wgeeling and it might be time for 60's and 40"s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.