JKOwners Forum banner

Wheel, Tire and Lift Help

999 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tarpo 
#1 ·
Ok, so I need a little help here. I have 2015 JKU Sport with stock 255/75/17 on it. I know I'll get crap for this but...it will primarily be a daily driver for now.

Here is my deal, I have a few thousand to spend on a lift and a 5 tire and wheel package. I'm looking to put a small lift on her. Maybe a leveling lift or a budget boost? I want bigger tires but don't want to go too crazy just yet. I'm still learning about clearances and everything. Before anybody says it...yes I used the search and looked over past topics. Some go off topic or too deep too quick. Any help or suggestions would be great. And if anybody has suggestions on companies who do tire wheel packages would help too. Thx in advance.

#2 ·
Maybe we can help. We can do wheels, tires, and lift and get you setup. I do have a few questions...

What size tire are you looking to run? I know you are not wanting to go big but setting the lift up and around what size tire you are wanting to run is key. Then, we can come up with a lift package that will ride and handle better on road than the setup you are running now. There is no reason to spend all this money on a new JKU and then a lift, just have to have it ride and handle like crap.

Feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime.

-Jason

#4 ·
What I did

I'm gonna contribute, here, since I got all my info here and other forums for free. These photos are sh#tty. The camera on my phone has been in the sh#ts lately.

I'm new to Jeeps, and wanted to do the same thing you want to accomplish. The route I chose was not the cheapest, but I love every bit of it.

34x10.5 BFG A/T's
These rubbed ever so slightly w/o the lift. Only in reverse in the front. When loaded on large or fast bumps in the rear. They are about 1.5" bigger than stock, which is what I wanted.

2" OME Lift kit (light/med duty) When I do bumpers, I'll change out the springs for Heavy.
Bawarrion BON'Z wheels from fortec4x4.com. They are the USA dealer and should be in stock. Took 10 days from Germany to my door, though, if not. It seemed to be the actual owner (manager) of the Fortec who was manning the On-Line Chat feature. That was awesome, and assured me I was in good hands. They failed to tell me they weren't in stock, until I called. That was a negative, but overall, good customer service and products.

About 5" backspacing aligns with the fenders perfectly. (same specs as AEV)

For the future upgrades I envision and safety, I ordered:

Front and rear adjustable track bars (JKS)
Rear adjustable sway bar links (rear used in front) (?)
Adjustable Lower Front Control Arms (Rock Krawler)

All-in for the lift was $1700 and change
Wheels were $285 each
Tires were crazy expensive, but I love 'em. There are cheaper tires.

The lift might need some tweeks, but I'm gonna see how it settles.

I would order lift and other parts from a forum member (like posted above) or someone local to you.

That's my $0.98.

Tried to post photos, but I need a hight post count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.