JP Magazine, just came out with diesel news... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-28-2008, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

JP Magazine, just came out with diesel news...

I just read in the latest JP Magazine inside the cover page, the author spent a good amount of time in a manual and an automatic Jeep JK 4 door with the diesel option at the Michigan AEV playing ground. Goes on and on about it, loved it, just wonderful, blah blah blah..,. then ends the paragraph with read more about why this will not be available in USA in an upcoming issue.

They are kill’n me over here. Torque, water crossings, greater tow capacity, perhaps a bit better mileage, did I mention torque…

Oh and the torque on a diesel is awesome compared to the Caravan engine they dropped in there in the 2007 and 2008. A caravan motor… How embarrassing.

They must have had bigger plans… just look at all the room around this POS motor they are selling it with right now.

Hello, can anyone out there here me… Jeep? Chrysler? Hello? Your public is calling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Granite Guru

With gas prices the way they are right now, where diesel is $4 a gallon compared to $3.15 for gasoline here in texas, I think I can take the little POS motor we have for now, a V-8 option would be nice.

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #3 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmarion View Post
With gas prices the way they are right now, where diesel is $4 a gallon compared to $3.15 for gasoline here in texas, I think I can take the little POS motor we have for now, a V-8 option would be nice.
yeah but if ya got that much better mileage with diesel torque vs running high RPMs in the 3.8 to keep it moving, it still might come out cheaper to operate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #4 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
yeah but if ya got that much better mileage with diesel torque vs running high RPMs in the 3.8 to keep it moving, it still might come out cheaper to operate
I haven't done the math, It might be in the long run, but how long? The intial purchase price will be higher probably $2K or more, then the higher price of fuel....It is not something that I would consider at this point, but who knows what the future holds?

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #5 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Alec W

I’m not sure I get the diesel thing! With the right gearing the JK motor has great off road power and it's not bad on the road. It’s plenty fast enough for me but I’m in my mid 40s and slowing down from my Hayabusa days

One thing I do need to do is get a muffler so it doesn’t sound like Alan’s sewing machine
post #6 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
One thing I do need to do is get a muffler so it doesn’t sound like Alan’s sewing machine

Yah....Don't forget about the horn too. My horn would even embarass my sewing machine.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
CRD wrangler?

A diesel JK will come in the future..Just not today

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 9 Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to syrfire7
BLUETEC

Daimler still owns almost 20% of Chrysler LLC; anyone in the business want to comment on the odds of getting a 50-state-legal BLUETEC diesel in these vehicles?

Syracuse, NY ...The city that means well
'08 Sahara UL: Stock for now (*not counting SJ Grab Handles!*)
post #9 of 9 Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrfire7 View Post
Daimler still owns almost 20% of Chrysler LLC; anyone in the business want to comment on the odds of getting a 50-state-legal BLUETEC diesel in these vehicles?
You will not see anymore mercedes stuff of jeeps or chryslers...Likely to be phased out over time due to expense. Likely a cummins diesel in the future...

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode