FS: Colt AR-15, LE6920 HB. Collectors. New in Box. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
FS: Colt AR-15, LE6920 HB. Collectors. New in Box.

$2950. email me if interested. jallee@simonspetroleum.com

This is an Extremely rare Colt LE 6920 HB. It's the HB that makes it rare. This gun is new, sealed in box. The pics you see are another gun, just like it. For the discriminating investment professional. These are already climbing, and with the new Democratic leadership, will continue to do so. With Clinton, this exact gun was selling near $6k. But I have 3 of them, and want to sell one to free up some cash.

Some history on this rifle: With the assault weapons ban over, Ken Elmore was able to approach Colt with the idea of authenticating each of these rifles. Colt approved. For Colt to produce a "Special Production" weapon they require a minimum order of 300 units. The NIB Colt 6920 HB with signed authorized letter from the designer is 1 of 134 HB's that was made available for civilian purchase. There were 300 of these made by Colt exclusively for law enforcement and 134 of them were available to civilians when the assault weapon ban expired in 2004. The LE 6920 HB is IMHO the most desirable Colt AR-15 ever produced. It has a full heavy barrel (no narrowing under the hand guards like the standard 6920) with cut outs for mounting a M203. This weapon is new/unfired and in the factory box with all accessories. An Official Colt letter of authenticity accompanies both weapons and is signed by the designer/engineer of the weapon (Colt Master Armorer Ken Elmore. You will have the ultimate collection. There are not many collectors who know these Special Production weapons exist and very few will ever have the opportunity to own a 6920 HB. Box are still factory sealed but cannot guarantee that they could be shipped to your FFL without US Postal or my FFL inspection The Colt rifles are in the factory unopened boxes and shipped within another box to protect original box structure and labeling. They will remain sealed if your FFL will accept my direct shipment (legal for me to do). Certified Bank check or US Postal Money Checks only. You can call Colt's 800 number and get verification from their customer service line that it is a FACTORY PRODUCED LE 6920HB. Yes, the FACTORY has ALL 300 Special Production AR-15's cataloged separately, which makes it a very collectible rifle.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Too bad they're banned in the People's Republik of Commiefornia - I'd be all over that, otherwise.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Fistfull of Boomstick

does this look like the for sale forum?

Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Rock God

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
does this look like the for sale forum?
but it is a COLT, therefore it supercedes any restrictions on proper forum placement. I mean, come awn..... COLTS are a class of firearm in themselves and deserve the proper respect.

That said, I have a Colt I'll sell. It's a sporter II, pre-ban that's been test-fired many, many times
post #5 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by paragon View Post
It's a sporter II, pre-ban that's been test-fired many, many times
I've got a Sporter II pre ban as well :-)
post #6 of 6 Old 02-22-2009, 06:34 AM
JKO Addict!

If you are anywhere close to Houston or Texas for that matter you should run it through one of the gun shows. I made $700 on one of my CARs without even trying. The ARs are going fast!!!
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode