Adaptive Combat Rifle - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Adaptive Combat Rifle

http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/#/intro

Good? Bad? Pricey!

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bushmaster makes a good carbine ...but IMO you can't go wrong with Rock River or Stoner.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 20 Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Sabre defence is what I've been looking into as far as entry/lower price but high quality. It's hard to wrong with any of the major brands.
post #4 of 20 Old 04-04-2010, 09:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ATH3N View Post
being from FL you should know these guys but if you don't make it to Jeep beach of Jeep and truckfest in Orlando in Aug. and you will get to meet some of them. http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php

post #5 of 20 Old 04-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Squirrel Killer

Nice rifle. I have seen this thing in action and must say that if I were going to drop $2700+ on a modular rifle, this one would be at the top of the list. The cycle of operations is smooth and precise and the feel and accuracy are second to none. That being said, too much for my blood especially since the S&W or SASS are available for almost $1k less. That is alot of extra $Cha CHing$ for rifle accessories.

2013 Commando Green Sport S
TF 2.5", RK Control Arms, Gobi Stealth Rack, Level 8 Tracker Pro on 35's, TruckLite LEDs, TrailDash
-Sean
post #6 of 20 Old 04-05-2010, 06:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow, that is alot of money for a short rifle. I guess they bring that these days. I'd pick up a nice M1A and buy some Jeep mods but I'm old school.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the reply guys. I don't know a lot about assault rifles, but I do know I want one. Of course the AR is less expensive in most cases, but I want to buy something I can get some use out of and not want to replace in a few years. The ACR seems to be the bleeding edge in the field, and it seems to have dealt with most of the issues people have with the AR platform. Anyway...

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Last edited by H3ATH3N; 04-05-2010 at 04:26 PM.
post #8 of 20 Old 04-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ATH3N View Post
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't know a lot about assault rifles, but I do know I want one. Of course the AR is less expensive in most cases, but I want to buy something I can get some use out of and not want to replace in a few years. The ACR seems to be the bleeding edge in the field, and it seems to have dealt with most of the issues people have with the AR platform. Anyway...
No need to worry about an AR/M series rifle going obsolete. In a way, they are modular. You will never run out of new parts or accessories for them.

BIG RED JEEP

post #9 of 20 Old 04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Granite Guru

If you've got the 2700 and can actually find one I'd snatch this baby up. When the Fn Scars hit the civilian market they were going for as much as
10K on gunbroker, talk about having disposable income. Remember the ACR was initially developed by Magpul, and these guys seem to be allergic to doing anything wrong. Good luck.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
post #10 of 20 Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8T2W8T View Post
No need to worry about an AR/M series rifle going obsolete. In a way, they are modular. You will never run out of new parts or accessories for them.
Yeah. Like the endless string of things I keep adding to the Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCOTTON View Post
If you've got the 2700 and can actually find one I'd snatch this baby up. When the Fn Scars hit the civilian market they were going for as much as
10K on gunbroker, talk about having disposable income. Remember the ACR was initially developed by Magpul, and these guys seem to be allergic to doing anything wrong. Good luck.
Yeah. I am on the hunt. We'll see.

post #11 of 20 Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Rock God

it's $1000 overpriced, at least.

ask Hitler

YouTube - Hitler finds out how much the new Bushmaster ACR will cost

I have the courage to have my wisdom regarded as your stupidity
post #12 of 20 Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
it's $1000 overpriced, at least.

ask Hitler
I agree. No harm in research. Nice weapon for sure.

post #13 of 20 Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Wheeler

I would not touch one of these for $2700. When Magpul originally designed these as the "Masada" they were talking about a price point of $1500, in line with the Sig 556. Then they sold the design to Bushmaster and it got all FUBAR'ed. Bushy couldn't get this into production because they had a lot of problems getting the final design right. Now that it is coming out they still didnt get it right - they are only offering it with a 1:9 twist barrel, rather than a 1:7 that everyone wanted. Plus the $2700 is for the basic model, not the enhanced with the better stock. For that kind of money I would go with the FN SCAR. I had been waiting anxiously for the "Masada" to be released since I first saw it years ago at SHOT, but now I am disappointed and I will be picking up a SCAR in the near future.

NRA Certified LE Patrol Rifle Instructor

Texas State Guard
3BN, Maritime Regiment
Dive Team
post #14 of 20 Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

did anyone read the review in "american rifleman." the said there goin to come out with some that have 1:7 twist. and suppossly they did somthing to the barrel so it dosent have to be cromed lined.-i think that last part is bull shit. if i spend 2700 on any "assault rifle" im going with the fn scar in 308.

09 4dr rubi-3" teraflex-35x12.50 km2s-17" xd addicts-kc 100 watt slimlights on kc brackets-riddlers-S.B.S. plug-orfab e-disco skid-Rugged Ridge stubby stinger-xrc-10 comp-Finishlinewest Gen 4.0!
post #15 of 20 Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Rock God

I think it is overpriced just like everyone else. Why would someone need to change configurations in minutes? We have a Next Generation from Oregon that has been completely ceramic coated. Have no idea how much they are now but we bought locally and was around $1600.

http://www.nextgenerationarms.com/pro/mp168/

I am a girl and I have a Jeep with some stuff on it...

Last edited by redwood66; 05-11-2010 at 08:20 PM.
post #16 of 20 Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Killer View Post
Nice rifle. I have seen this thing in action and must say that if I were going to drop $2700+ on a modular rifle, this one would be at the top of the list. The cycle of operations is smooth and precise and the feel and accuracy are second to none. That being said, too much for my blood especially since the S&W or SASS are available for almost $1k less. That is alot of extra $Cha CHing$ for rifle accessories.
Here ya go.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/62888

I've bought from them before. Good place to buy.
post #17 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

does anyone know were u can buy a fn scar?? are the scar 17's even avalable yet?? the scar 16 is in 5.56, but i read they were goin to have the scar 17 in .308

09 4dr rubi-3" teraflex-35x12.50 km2s-17" xd addicts-kc 100 watt slimlights on kc brackets-riddlers-S.B.S. plug-orfab e-disco skid-Rugged Ridge stubby stinger-xrc-10 comp-Finishlinewest Gen 4.0!

Last edited by joes-jk; 05-13-2010 at 01:21 PM.
post #18 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Wheeler

WOW i want one. Love my AR but that is sweeeeeeet

08 4dr Silver 3in TF,custom tail lights,front cage pro comp on 35km2'sOn board Air system,rock rails,TB spacer,bed line interior,painted gauge cluster+dash,tuffy drop in console,CB,adj front track bar,front axle gussets,orfab rbumper,oly4x4front with custom stinger bar, mile marker winch,synthetic line, IPF headlights, AEV snorkel, wet oakle seat covers..2 much 2 list
post #19 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes-jk View Post
does anyone know were u can buy a fn scar?? are the scar 17's even avalable yet?? the scar 16 is in 5.56, but i read they were goin to have the scar 17 in .308
Almost every gun shop in town here has a SCAR 16S, 17 hasn't been released for civilian sale yet.
post #20 of 20 Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Granite Guru

I dont know If I like the newer modular rifles.

If you can find one, $2500 would buy a Springfield socom 2. Maybe its just me but I love my m1a.... time tested reliability and the punch of a real deal .308.

I agree with the earlier post... who the hell is gonna need to change configurations in seconds. Sounds like a marketing gimmick for a toy gun.

Last edited by give me vtec; 05-13-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode