flordia laws - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

flordia laws

Ok so I'm going to jeep beach. I have my liscense to carrry a handgun in the state of ga well fla doesn't recognize the state of ga liscense so my question is what can u do legallly in fla to carry a gun in your car.

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Squirrel Killer

You need to contact the Florida State Police Dept and ask them. That is the best way to find up to date information and they will tell you strait out what you an and cannot do. Good luck.

2013 Commando Green Sport S
TF 2.5", RK Control Arms, Gobi Stealth Rack, Level 8 Tracker Pro on 35's, TruckLite LEDs, TrailDash
-Sean
post #3 of 10 Old 03-01-2010, 01:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel Killer View Post
You need to contact the Florida State Police Dept and ask them. That is the best way to find up to date information and they will tell you strait out what you an and cannot do. Good luck.
x2. Even if somebody on the forum told you the truth, i'd still check with the po-po
post #4 of 10 Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Agreed. I just took the concealed carry class and it has something to do with the amount of hours or lack there of that Georgia requires for a class. However a Florida permit is allowed in Georgia. LOL Wish all these states could get on the same page.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

If you don't have a concealed permit that is valid for Florida. The only thing you can do is carry it in the glove box or center console of the vehicle. That is what I have been told by a few of my friends that are cops. Best ones to call would be FDLE.

Last edited by tfire; 03-06-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: addition
post #6 of 10 Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Operative term is "readily accessible". It has to be securely encased so that it can not be put into immediate use. You will sometimes hear of a "three step rule", but that's entirely true.

From the 790 Chapter fo FSS...( http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/...EChapter%20790 )

(16) "Readily accessible for immediate use" means that a firearm or other weapon is carried on the person or within such close proximity and in such a manner that it can be retrieved and used as easily and quickly as if carried on the person.

(17) "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

(l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person's manual possession;

But...

790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.--

(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.01, a resident of the United States who is a nonresident of Florida may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if the nonresident:

(a) Is 21 years of age or older; and

(b) Has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued to the nonresident in his or her state of residence.

(2) A nonresident is subject to the same laws and restrictions with respect to carrying a concealed weapon or concealed firearm as a resident of Florida who is so licensed.

(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by registering to vote, or making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17, or filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state, the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence. This section applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenseholders from states that honor Florida concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses.

Florida doesn't have a State Police. They have the Highway Patrol. Of all things, CCF's are handled by the Agricultural division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Here's another resource I forgot to add...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Reciprocity table...

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Rooster may be talking about transferring a GA license to FL, not just travelling through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

i say just carry it.. if ur not gonna speed and do crazy things dont worry about it..

i have my CCW and i drove from VA to FL and carried mine on me the whole time and i never got messed with.. well of course i was going 75 and everyone else was doing 90+

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-11-2010, 05:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Florida has gun laws???? The stste where if you feel your life is in danger you may kill the offender with almost zero criminal or civil liability??

Yeah we do, check with FDLE... Fl dept of law enforcement

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Ocala Jeep Club CERT leader. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Are the towelheads yelling "allahu ackbar" or "Aloha Snackbar"?
post #10 of 10 Old 04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Another good resource here... and here.

Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode