2nd Amendment Under Attack - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

2nd Amendment Under Attack

In about 10 minutes or so of this posting, the Supreme Court will decide whether or not Washington, D.C. citizens...you know, the law abiding ones...the ones free of any criminal or psychological history...the one's with no domestic violence issues in their past, will be allowed to own, possess, and/or carry a concealed weapon...the right decision could mean that New York City too will have their draconian rules reversed.

Dedicating the next four years to throwing the bum(s) out!

The One Constant in an Ever Declining Civilization...Me!

Putting the SWAT Back in Conservative Values
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Rock God

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Americans have a right to own guns for self-defense and hunting, the justices' first major pronouncement on gun rights in U.S. history.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #3 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Court says individuals have right to own guns

A victory for law abiding citizens across America.

Court says individuals have right to own guns
Decision is justices' first major pronouncement on gun rights in U.S. history
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25390404/

MikeP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

and a big to the ones trying to disarm good, law abiding citizens
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #5 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Rock God

Bad news for those who believe in top-down government and who think the "collective good" trumps the sanctity of the individual and his/her rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
Please provide an example to back up your statement.

Oh wait...Washington DC.

Nevermind.
post #6 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 AM
JKO Addict!

WOW!!! THIS MADE MY DAY!!!

I cant believe they finally did something RIGHT!!! I have been so discouraged lately with our Judges, Congress, etc.

I am reminded of how friggin smart and fore-seeing our country's founders were. They were friggin BADDASSes!

DO NOT LET THEM DIS-ARM US.

ok- I have to go work on the HUNDY coumpound now...need to dig the underground control center.

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #7 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 10:08 AM
TrailDuty.com

NEWS RELEASE - SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION
SECOND AMENDMENT TRIUMPH: JUSTICES UPHOLD INDIVIDUAL RIGHT!
BELLEVUE, WA – With this morning’s ruling on the case of District of Columbia v. Heller, America has begun “its long march back toward liberty under a Second Amendment that means what it says,” the Second Amendment Foundation said.

“Today’s ruling by the Supreme Court should forever put to rest any contention that the right to keep and bear arms is not a fundamental, individual civil right,” said SAF founder Alan M. Gottlieb. “For six decades, anti-gun rights extremists have engaged in a monumental fraud that has been unfortunately perpetuated by activist judges who erroneously insisted that the right to keep and bear arms applies only to service in a militia.

“Wisdom and truth have triumphed over hysteria and falsehood,” he continued. “This decision makes it clear that a right ‘of the people’ is a right enjoyed by, and affirmed for, all citizens. It destroys a cornerstone of anti-gun rights elitism, which has fostered – through years of deceit and political demagoguery – the erosion of this important civil right.

“This ruling also makes it abundantly clear that laws which ban the possession of firearms, or make it simply impossible through regulation for citizens to exercise their right to keep and bear arms, are unconstitutional and cannot stand,” Gottlieb stated. “Today, America has taken a small but significant step toward restoring the Second Amendment to its proper place in our Bill of Rights.

“For too many years,” he observed, “Americans have seen this fundamental civil right under constant and unrelenting attack. We are hopeful that today’s decision will halt an insidious campaign for citizen disarmament through legislation and regulations that have made our neighborhoods less safe, our cities less secure and our people less self-reliant, which is the trait that has made America unique among nations.

“But this fight is hardly over,” Gottlieb concluded. “Today’s ruling is a stepping stone, the foundation upon which we can rebuild this important individual right. Our work has only just begun.”
post #8 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

We are not a communist country YET!!!

I wonder how The Peoples Republik of Illinois are going to respond to this?

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
post #9 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yes...this is good news....BUT, I'm sure the Brady bunch have more tricks up their slimy sleeves, and I'm sure it will be quite a while before law abiding D.C. residents will be able to take advantage of this ruling...already the political pundits are talking about a dramatic rise in homicides as a result of this ruling...what I don't get is how the rise in violent crime equates to legal gun ownership by God fearing, law abiding, tax paying, self sufficient citizens?

post #10 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
...already the political pundits are talking about a dramatic rise in homicides as a result of this ruling...what I don't get is how the rise in violent crime equates to legal gun ownership by God fearing, law abiding, tax paying, self sufficient citizens?
Every time a new state passes a shall issue law, the same Chicken Littles cry about how there are going to be people shooting each other over parking spaces or during arguments. And, as usual, that never happens. Let'em whine. They make good entertainment.

If anything is going to happen, let it be the weeding out of the thug garden that is D.C..
post #11 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Granite Guru

Except the guy yesterday in Kentucky that shot and killed his boss and several co-workers at a factory. The fight was over the fact he wasn't wearing his safety glasses and was talking on the cell phone on the shop floor. Both of these things can get a company in trouble.

Still doesn't mean anything though. It happens infrequently and the sound logic that criminals don't obey laws still applies -- including gun laws.

2007 JK Rubicon
Clayton Offroad 3.5" | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Cragar Soft 8s | JE Reel 1350 drive lines | Alloy USA front axle shafts
post #12 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 02:14 PM
-T-
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrt View Post
Except the guy yesterday in Kentucky that shot and killed his boss and several co-workers at a factory. The fight was over the fact he wasn't wearing his safety glasses and was talking on the cell phone on the shop floor. Both of these things can get a company in trouble.

Still doesn't mean anything though. It happens infrequently and the sound logic that criminals don't obey laws still applies -- including gun laws.
If the guy was a respondsible gun owner then he would choose a weapon other then a gun to use. Instead to me he is just like the thugs on the street that do not care. Just my two cents
post #13 of 20 Old 06-26-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Let's not forget...rulings like these only serve to reinforce the founding father's belief that as law abiding citizens, we have the right to self defense...the criminal bloodshed will not stop...what will occur, is that more law abiding citizens will be able to exercise the right to carry and bear arms, and perhaps, through attrition and well applied laws already on the books, the bad guys will either kill each other off, or will be arrested and spend some hard time in jail, or the one thing the anti gunners fear most...a well armed, legally armed, citizen dispatches a scum bag in lawfull defense of himself, his family, and/or property...THAT is what the Brady Bunch does not want...good guys dispatching bad guys...the Bunch makes no effort to disarm the bad guys, instead, they take aim at the good guy...in today's ruling, the good guys won...for now.

post #14 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Granite Guru

Great news...but the antis won't stop.

2012 JKUR Bright White
EVO Enforcer 4" w King 2.0's
37" Toyo Open Country MT's
post #15 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roklimo View Post
'tis true...but they have had their legs (both) cut off at the hip...they will have to "worm" their way to their hopeless cause.

post #16 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
'tis true...but they have had their legs (both) cut off at the hip...they will have to "worm" their way to their hopeless cause.
Damn...they cut off the wrong end.

2012 JKUR Bright White
EVO Enforcer 4" w King 2.0's
37" Toyo Open Country MT's
post #17 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
'tis true...but they have had their legs (both) cut off at the hip...
That's not enough...

Last edited by BigO; 12-26-2012 at 10:04 AM.
post #18 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Rock God

The good news is that it brings all gun laws open to review as they are challenged. This ruling is just the first step towards restoration of our rights.
More to come.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #19 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Granite Guru

I hope so. Maybe I will be able to get my AK and my AR back into California...

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer - Frank Zappa

post #20 of 20 Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roklimo View Post
No, but the best defense is a good offense, and we finally have the leg up to start attacking rather then defending. They'll have to spend their money defending for a change.

Now how can we do the same thing to the enviro-weenies attacking the glorious, underappreciated past-time of off-roading?

2007 JK Rubicon
Clayton Offroad 3.5" | 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers | Cragar Soft 8s | JE Reel 1350 drive lines | Alloy USA front axle shafts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode