5.56mm Ammo Sale - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 39
Posts: 104
Feedback: 0 reviews
5.56mm Ammo Sale

Gents, if you shoot 5.56 x 45mm you may want to jump on this. I haven't seen it this cheap in quite a while and it will only last for 2 days.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM207-5.html
EmbarkChief is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 AM
JKO Addict!
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Next Door To Some Shitheads.
Age: 42
Posts: 2,117
Feedback: 1 reviews

Thanks for the heads up; however, if ctd is selling it for that, someone else probably has it cheaper.
(I may be wrong but this usually seems to be the case.)

Ill stick w/ my privi 62gr hollowpoints for that price, but Ill let my friends know about the sale. They love Fed and CTD.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
guinness is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,364
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
Thanks for the heads up; however, if ctd is selling it for that, someone else probably has it cheaper.
(I may be wrong but this usually seems to be the case.)

Ill stick w/ my privi 62gr hollowpoints for that price, but Ill let my friends know about the sale. They love Fed and CTD.
Thanks!

Where do you find prvi for that price? How are their hollowpoints?
Jaws is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
JKO Addict!
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Next Door To Some Shitheads.
Age: 42
Posts: 2,117
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Thanks!

Where do you find prvi for that price? How are their hollowpoints?
I get my privi locally through gun stores; however, there is plenty to be had on the internet at great prices, with a little searching. During the push I was paying less than $350 per 1k for it.
Their hollow's shoot well through an AR, as for anything else I couldnt tell you, as I have no experience.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
guinness is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,364
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
I get my privi locally through gun stores; however, there is plenty to be had on the internet at great prices, with a little searching. During the push I was paying less than $350 per 1k for it.
Their hollow's shoot well through an AR, as for anything else I couldnt tell you, as I have no experience.
Thanks, I was talking AR.

I like their 62gr FMJ just never seen HP.
Jaws is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 02-11-2010, 05:42 PM
JKO Addict!
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Next Door To Some Shitheads.
Age: 42
Posts: 2,117
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Thanks, I was talking AR.

I like their 62gr FMJ just never seen HP.
Same exact thing just with a hp, they call it match ammo and charge a hair more but it basically is the same.

They sell it in green and white boxes(match) or blue and white boxes(standard), both are hollowpoints; but, performance wise I cant tell the difference, then again Ive never shot the AR for accuracy beyond 100 yds.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
guinness is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 02-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Granite Guru
 
Jared89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE PA
Age: 26
Posts: 351
Feedback: 0 reviews

I can get it for $8 a box from my local gun shop. No gun owner should ever buy anything from ctd imo.

2011 Rubicon-2 door- 35" Trail Grappler-2.5" tera flex-Stubby Schrockworks-20" led bar
Jared89 is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 02-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Wheeler
 
BadTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 44
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared89 View Post
I can get it for $8 a box from my local gun shop. No gun owner should ever buy anything from ctd imo.
Why is that?
BadTime is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 02-13-2010, 01:28 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,364
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTime View Post
Why is that?
They have been guilty of price gouging when ammo was at it's scarcest. A lot of people do not like CTD.

Palmetto State Armory has 20rds PMC 55gr FMJ for $7.
Jaws is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 02-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Wheeler
 
BadTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 44
Feedback: 0 reviews

Good info (on both). I do like my bullets a little heavier, if there are some sales going on, I need to look around again.
BadTime is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 02-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Granite Guru
 
Jared89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NE PA
Age: 26
Posts: 351
Feedback: 0 reviews



2011 Rubicon-2 door- 35" Trail Grappler-2.5" tera flex-Stubby Schrockworks-20" led bar
Jared89 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 39
Posts: 104
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTime View Post
Good info (on both). I do like my bullets a little heavier, if there are some sales going on, I need to look around again.
I prefer the M855 62 gr. as well, however for general use the XM193 works just fine and it has been a while since I've seen it that cheap so I bought 400 rounds. CTD isn't generally the best or cheapest place to buy ammo, however this time I'm pretty confident it was a good deal.
EmbarkChief is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Wheeler
 
commanderjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Age: 54
Posts: 49
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
They have been guilty of price gouging when ammo was at it's scarcest. A lot of people do not like CTD.

Palmetto State Armory has 20rds PMC 55gr FMJ for $7.
Palmetto is GTG. I bought 3K rds of the Prvi 55gr, 3K of the 62gr and 2k of the 75 gr. Those guys are great to deal with.
commanderjb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome