picked up some new stuff for the AR - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 11-30-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

picked up some new stuff for the AR

I picked up some new toys over the weekend an eotech 512, magpul moe carbine stock and a magpul miad grip. now I just have to decide on a free float rail.

I took it the range on sunday and couldnt be happier with the eotech.

.[___]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(OllllllO)
{}--o{}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Granite Guru

I think you're going to love that kit in the long run. I've got an Eotech and a Magpul CTR on my 10.5" barreled AR, and I love 'em.

That CTR is clear and away the best telescoping AR stock that I have ever used.
post #3 of 25 Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Rock God

Looks good. I'm hoping to have an Eotech on mine soon. How do you like the MIAD grip? I just ordered one...

08 Unlimited Steel Blue
All Sorts of Crap on it

In the space of about 30 seconds, this man was in a car accident, an explosion, lit aflame and then kicked in the balls with more force than a human foot can technically take.

Future terrorists take note: this is your retirement package.
post #4 of 25 Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockednloaded View Post
Looks good. I'm hoping to have an Eotech on mine soon. How do you like the MIAD grip? I just ordered one...
I like it alot I just need to get the core that holds the AA batteries

.[___]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(OllllllO)
{}--o{}
post #5 of 25 Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

That's a nice set up! Wish I could mod mine but it isn't "technically" mine! That looks really good though.

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #6 of 25 Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrash View Post
I like it alot I just need to get the core that holds the AA batteries
Those babies are backordered to the moon! I just got mine after waiting two months...
post #7 of 25 Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Granite Guru

Hey rockrash, Cool blaster.
who's lower is that?
post #8 of 25 Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Wheeler

I have the same setup on a 9mm AR. I love it. Congrats!
post #9 of 25 Old 12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRay View Post
Hey rockrash, Cool blaster.
who's lower is that?
Picked up some new toys
post #10 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Granite Guru

Went to your link... love your winchester
Yup couple of Spikes guys here with JK's I wont mention any names. Spike is a jeep guy as well but sadly not a JK... yet

Nice shooter,

Robert
post #11 of 25 Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Wheeler

Consider the Aimpoint T-1 with the Larue mount. Batteries are a non-issue. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Eotechs are infamous for battery issues.
post #12 of 25 Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM

I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 LT Cantilever mount. Magpul stock, and Grip. A tango down battle grip on a LaRue Tactical 10" Handguard. I also have Troy battle sights. I love my setup, its almost done.
post #13 of 25 Old 12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Rock God

I installed my MIAD grip on Christmas (it was a gift for me from me), and that thing is awesome. A lot more comfy than the A2 grip that came stock. Fit was a little tight, but nothing a rubber mallet and some elbow grease couldn't solve. Use a BIG flathead screw driver to install the grip. Overall, love the thing and can't wait to go shoot with it.

How was the install on the MOE stock? I'm kinda eyeing one of those now....

08 Unlimited Steel Blue
All Sorts of Crap on it

In the space of about 30 seconds, this man was in a car accident, an explosion, lit aflame and then kicked in the balls with more force than a human foot can technically take.

Future terrorists take note: this is your retirement package.
post #14 of 25 Old 12-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrash View Post
now I just have to decide on a free float rail.

You cant go wrong with Daniel Defense....

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #15 of 25 Old 12-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailyeti View Post
Consider the Aimpoint T-1 with the Larue mount. Batteries are a non-issue. You'll thank yourself in the long run. Eotechs are infamous for battery issues.
You know I never "got" that BS train of thought
Its an electronic device on a "combat" weapon, it takes batteries. Therefore those batteries should be checked and replaced OFTEN, just like flashlights, strobes, GPS and any other "mission essential" gear.

In that same line of thinking as yours I could put a low power LED flashlight on my gun and it could have battery life for days.....but it would have annoying limitations.

Just like the aimpoint I like aimpoints and a few of my weapons have them but they have issues that the Eotech does not. Like parallax error when viewing the "dot" off-center in your field of view. Parallax error with a NVG used on the weapon. A small field of view that gets stupid small with the T-1( ya it gets killer battery life but its like looking through a straw)

My newest AK I really like as everything on it uses 123 batteries. The EOtech XPS the M9 weapon light. And it gets fed new batteries every month or so weather it needs it or not.

As for the FF handguard it depends on what you want for rails. I have a YHM diamond cut on one AR and love it and a V-tac on my other and love it.

Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #16 of 25 Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

Well its obvious that this new AR hobby is going to be just as expensive as the Jeep, freaking optics are expensive, oh well..... , I'm happy with open sights for now and figure its better to learn shooting with them (adjusting for windage, etc) and then maybe upgrading to some of those fancy expensive optics...

question for you guys. I plan on staying with the collapsible stock that came with my LMT for now and spending money on rails and other things first....I was wondering if there is a good buttstock pad out there that will attach to the buttstock.

I'm ok shooting it the way it is but it feels a little short for my liking and it wouldn't hurt to have a little cushion that will prevent slippage too....any ideas? Here is the rifle...

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #17 of 25 Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Rock God

I'm sure there is a pad available. Also, you can keep your buffer tube in place and just swap to a different buttstock - some are built a bit longer FYI...
post #18 of 25 Old 01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Granite Guru

Those are some evil lookin sumbitches. I'd need a shovel to clean out my pants if yall flashed one of those AR's at me!
post #19 of 25 Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Granite Guru

my first AR build is on a spikes lower. It turned out so great a bunch of my friends have got spikes lowers after seeing mine. I would reccomend them to anyone.
post #20 of 25 Old 01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
my first AR build is on a spikes lower. It turned out so great a bunch of my friends have got spikes lowers after seeing mine. I would reccomend them to anyone.
X2. I'm working on two builds ATM with spikes lowers as a base. Very nice pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #21 of 25 Old 01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
X2. I'm working on two builds ATM with spikes lowers as a base. Very nice pieces.
x3 I love my Spikes ST-15! Only thing I need to do is change the YH rail and put a Spikes rail on it. Then it will be Spikes built front to back, top to bottom.
post #22 of 25 Old 01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
Let Ray or myself know when your ready for an upper.

Rooster,
I was messin around with our new rail Friday, I should have a prototype for some T&E of my own soon. It wont be long now.
Scott, I am also thinking of selling one of my personal uppers to fund my tires (need some before Jeep Beach) but it is a high end upper. Mike Rock fluted 16"barrel with M-4 cut extention and phantom flash hider. M-16 BCG and an origional ST rail. I may swap that out for a Daniels Defense 10". The upper is a standard t-marked flattop. It's my last ST rail of our origional lineup, guess Im sentimental.
post #23 of 25 Old 01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
Scott, I am also thinking of selling one of my personal uppers to fund my tires (need some before Jeep Beach) but it is a high end upper. Mike Rock fluted 16"barrel with M-4 cut extention and phantom flash hider. M-16 BCG and an origional ST rail. I may swap that out for a Daniels Defense 10". The upper is a standard t-marked flattop. It's my last ST rail of our origional lineup, guess Im sentimental.
PM incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #24 of 25 Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJK View Post
Let Ray or myself know when your ready for an upper.

Rooster,
I was messin around with our new rail Friday, I should have a prototype for some T&E of my own soon. It wont be long now.
Cool let me know. I saw some of your prototype stuff on line the other day. I like whats coming!
post #25 of 25 Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

I've been deciding if I want to go with rails on mine, but I like the classic look and I really don't intend on mounting a lot of stuff to mine, I like it simple and un-cluttered, not to mention rails are expensive if you want a good set....

The only reason I want some sort of rail is so I can mount a vertical grip....some day I might mount a flash light, but thats something I haven't decided on yet...

i just need to figure out a way to mount a grip..and I guess I have gone away from the classic look anyway since I got rid of the standard stock and went with a MOE. It definatly fits my shoulder a lot better and is a little longer which helps with my long arms,,,,,,decisions, decisions...

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode