new pistol - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

new pistol

Picked up my new Kel-Tec P11 today! Hopefully find some time to throw some rounds through it tonight. Nice little gun for a nice little price!
Attached Images

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

That turned out to be a crappy pic, I'll try to get a better one this evening!

Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
post #3 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Rock God

Nice buy. Those are great little carry guns for the price.
post #4 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Wheeler

Nice - I have an identical one. Hard chrome slide and all. I got it when they came out forever ago. I put the belt clip on and carried it in my pocket with the clip for years. It was the smallest 9mm at the time - it may still be.

Then the p32 came out - it was small but didn't want the .32. But when the P3AT came out -same size as the .32 but with a .380... I bought one for myself and one for my wife. Later I bought one for my Dad as well.

I love KelTec's stuff. I polished the feed ramps of all of them before I ever fired a shot and I've never had a single failure from any of them.

Enjoy it.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Nice little gun!
I carry a PF-9 most of the time - great for just slipping in your pocket.

Now that it's getting cooler here in TX I'll be able to go back to an overshirt with a shoulder rig and the H&K or Sig, but for summer/shorts weather - hard to beat the convenience of dropping a little Kel Tec 9mm in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's cute....

And you can't beat something that is easily carried.

And I am with V - come on cooler weather so I can carry my 1911 without my shorts falling down!
post #7 of 9 Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
Nice - I have an identical one. Hard chrome slide and all. I got it when they came out forever ago. I put the belt clip on and carried it in my pocket with the clip for years. It was the smallest 9mm at the time - it may still be.
Then the p32 came out - it was small but didn't want the .32. But when the P3AT came out -same size as the .32 but with a .380... I bought one for myself and one for my wife. Later I bought one for my Dad as well.
I love KelTec's stuff. I polished the feed ramps of all of them before I ever fired a shot and I've never had a single failure from any of them.
Enjoy it.
Yeah, they have a PF9 now that is quite a bit smaller than the P11.

What did you polish the feed ramp with? I've heard of guys doing that, shot about 20 rounds last night without an issue with cheap blazer (cci budget w/ aluminum case) rounds without an issue.

Haven't found a belt clip in stock anywhere, might have to buy it direct from them. Did you go with the stainless or blued clip? I'm leaning toward blued since it mounts on the black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
Nice little gun!
I carry a PF-9 most of the time - great for just slipping in your pocket.

Now that it's getting cooler here in TX I'll be able to go back to an overshirt with a shoulder rig and the H&K or Sig, but for summer/shorts weather - hard to beat the convenience of dropping a little Kel Tec 9mm in your pocket.
Nice to know, I was afraid it might be a little too small as I haven't seen one in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
It's cute....

And you can't beat something that is easily carried.
LOL, that's what my dad said, then he carried it for an hour when we went to get some parts and said he liked carrying it more than his Glock 27 & it cost about 1/3 of what he paid for his.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #8 of 9 Old 10-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Wheeler

I usually use some very fine grit sandpaper and work it only up and down - along the path of the bullet on the ramp to get rid of any finish or imperfections that might be on the ramp. Then I take some jewelers rouge and a polishing bit - looks like a giant q-tip and put it in my dremel and go nuts. Comes out looking and feeling like a mirror - and it stays that way.

I typically do all of my pistols this way. They eat everything after that
post #9 of 9 Old 10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post

I bought a .380 for my wife as well. Nice little gun for her. A little too small for me to shoot comfortably. But easy to carry and would do the job if need be.

Never Underestimate The Power Of STUPID People In Large Numbers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode