Concealed Holster for H&K 45 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-21-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Concealed Holster for H&K 45

i've been looking around.. and i dont see many options..

i've found this one and i was wondering if there are anything better..

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...a4d79d95b286e0

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

If your like me and dont care for the plastic holsters, check out milt sparks holsters or kirkpatrick leather. The milt sparks holsters are top of the line. You may also want to check out holsters made of kydex. i think tucker gunleather makes some nice ones. In my opinion, leather is way to go, if not leather, then kydex.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #3 of 15 Old 08-21-2009, 03:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Leather IS the way to go. I've carried a Galco piece daily for about 3 years now and it is still in excellent condition.
post #4 of 15 Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Granite Guru

If you want to spend alot of money on something (leather) that is stiff and uncomfortable go for it. Don't get me wrong leather is awesome. I however didn't want to spend the money to get something that is WAY over kill for I needed it for. Any of your local dealers will have 'Uncle Mikes' nylon or cloth type holsters. These concealed holsters are just as good as far as I'm concerned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TAKE YOUR TOP OFF!! of the jeep

~Z~

'08 Wrangler Sahara (Green)
-Hella driving lights (x2)
-Flowmaster 40 series
-AEM Intake system
-A need for more!!!
post #5 of 15 Old 08-25-2009, 05:37 AM
Granite Guru

Never, ever waste your money on Unkle Mike's crap unless you only carry your pistol on very rare occassions.

The reality is that you have to have a good holster and if you carry often, you will put the Uncle Mike's in a drawer and have to spend more money on a good holster.

Everyone I know who carries religiously has a drawer full of holsters that just don't cut the mustard.

For carrying a large handgun concealed, the best I have found is a hybrid, Kydex and Leather.

This holster is Tucker Gunleather's "The Answer". It is a shaped kydex holster attacked to a high quality leather backing. It is lightly padded and backed with suede so that it is comfortable against your back and the suede keeps the holster securely in place when drawing. You have the option of several types of hooks that you can swap out depending on your personal preference.

There are a lot of companies out there that make quality holsters. Make sure you shop around for the features you want. You will pay more than you pay for an Uncle Mike's, but you will be a LOT happier in the end.

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
post #6 of 15 Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I recommend the Super Tuck from Cross Breed Holster http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Similar design to the one mentioned by Preacher above. Very comfortable and easily conceals.

post #7 of 15 Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Rock God

Fobus makes some nice Kydex holsters...
post #8 of 15 Old 09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Granite Guru

I've had hundreds of holsters issued to me or I have bought over the last twenty years..... Choose them as wisely as you would choose a gun as your life could depend on it.

I have had awesome luck both product and customer service wise with Blade tech, Raven Concealment Systems and High Noon Holsters.

Dont ever get/use/buy/steal or borrow a paddle holster no matter how good, convienant or comfortable you think it is. They flat out suck and it will fail you when you need it most and there is a very good chance you will die because of them.....do some research if you dont believe me!

Best of luck,
Mikey

08 4 door Rubicon, RE 4.5" Long arm lift, Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels and 37" M16's, Banks exhaust, AFE, Hypertech, Superior 5:13 gears, JE Reel 1350 drivshafts, Fabfour bumpers and rock slider, Tuffy, interior Line-Xed, Warn, Poly Performance, IPF, Lightforce, Hella fogs.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-25-2009, 07:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have had a ton of holsters and I always go back to leather - that is where I am staying. Check out Don Hume's stuff - and Milt Sparks like Face said...
http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...ath=67_366_141

http://www.miltsparks.com/
post #10 of 15 Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
JKO Addict!

I like my comp-tac stuff; then again, im still a rookie in the game when compared to some of the other members.

If you are thinking of or want custom or pseudo-custom, there is a guy called oddly, the vest guy. He will build/make just about anything you could want. He is popular amongst the fn 5seven owners specificaly for this reason. Im pretty sure that if he is willing to make a nice lefthanded holster for a 5seven he will do anything else.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #11 of 15 Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I almost forgot about this undershirt - it is made for consealed carry and is awesome, here is the undershirt:
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:10801/I/40021

And here is the shirt that is made to wear over it - zero indexing, no bounce, it's comfortable to wear and ultra fast to get to the weapon:
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...00:10200:10206

It looks like a regular button down shirt but the buttons are fake - you can reach right in and easily grab the weapon.
post #12 of 15 Old 09-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Granite Guru

M-Tac. Its leather kydex hybrid and very comfy.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-26-2009, 04:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
i've been looking around.. and i dont see many options..

i've found this one and i was wondering if there are anything better..

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...a4d79d95b286e0
Also look at thier minotaur holster, very comfortable and a little beefier. Looks just like the one in preacher's pics.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #14 of 15 Old 09-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
Also look at thier minotaur holster, very comfortable and a little beefier. Looks just like the one in preacher's pics.
This is the m-tac.
post #15 of 15 Old 09-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

This is a holster I bought recently from a local Texan who makes them. I wanted a milt sparks, but I was impatient, so I tried this one out. Much cheaper, but very well made and has worked out great for me so far. Sitting here on the couch with it on now and its very comfortable. Name is Monica Kuehn Leather and she does a good job.

http://monicakuehnleather.blogspot.com/

I also have a Cross Breed and it is a very good and comfortable holster. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it makes a leather sqeaking noise when you move...

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode